Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Sinner @ 09/08/10 06:03 PM
Czar, Sage great work on the vid...it was sick..2k great work on the game, have been a fan of the series for awhile and love everything you guys are putting into it this year. Love how it looks running plays and love how simple it is to remember who the plays are for. Gameplay looked smooth...did I see some nice contact in the middle? Melo, Lebrons lay-ups off the contact were sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
I wonder why they said "10 teams in 10 days". I hope they are saying in 10 days the demo comes out. So hopefully the demo comes out the 17th, and yesterday being the actual date to release these videos.
I could be wrong but im thinking its simply 9 more videos of different teams since this one was OKC

# 62 elprez98 @ 09/08/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM007
Playing against a sim player, I can imagine the intense online chess battles now...
That Manu crossover and fadeaway looked JUST LIKE HIM.

# 63 Stumbleweed @ 09/08/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
That Manu crossover and fadeaway looked JUST LIKE HIM.
That was my favorite part of the highlights for sure... just buttery-looking. The way he sort of shambles back and gets space then shoots quick looked perfect for his awkward style.

# 64 elprez98 @ 09/08/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Well worth the wait Czar and fam! This game is looking (old school comment coming) dope!!! Haha...
I prefer the adjective, "funky-fresh."

# 65 Ty @ 09/08/10 06:08 PM
Wow this is a really great video. Maybe this year I will actually be able to run plays!

# 66 MelMan1486 @ 09/08/10 06:09 PM
He had me at "you can finally out coach the opponent"... even if they didnt have Jordan this is a firts day purchase.

# 67 Eman5805 @ 09/08/10 06:09 PM
Anyone else wish there wasn't all that graphics stuff over the intro higlight reel? Some sweet stuff in that. Wish it was longer too.

# 68 elprez98 @ 09/08/10 06:12 PM
Did the Czar get a graphics upgrade from 2k? It looks a lot like the transitional menus in 2k10.

# 69 Eman5805 @ 09/08/10 06:12 PM
Nothin' wrong with his voice at all. One last thing I wanna know is if that heavy bearded person in the logo is really what he looks like. If so, then that's friggin' awesome.

# 70 Ermolli @ 09/08/10 06:13 PM
Great video, huge improvement in playcalling compared with 2K10

# 71 RipCity71252 @ 09/08/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
If I'm to understand this right, in that 12 Double play, let's say the Hornets run that with Marcus Thornton or another team does it with someone that's a better shooter from deep than Sefalosha. If the defender goes under the double screen, will Thornton ever break the play, leak out to the 3pt line for the potentially open trey, or is the primary scoring option he locked into following his route no matter?
From the most recent dev insight "Expanded Playcall System"

Quote:
Added the ability to have a player change his target location on a cut- What that means is that just because a play seemingly has the player coming off the screen for a shot on the wing, doesn’t mean he will always go to that point. We wanted the player to be more intelligent about where he got open and not as predictable as in the past.
http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

From a user's perspective. I think the new "Total Control Passing" will be fun to use in this sort of situations.

# 72 Da_Czar @ 09/08/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Great great, job by my man the Czar. The game looks so deep this year man. 2k really did an amazing job this year imo from what I've seen. Much respect to my man the Czar, I appreciate the opportunity my dude!
No Fam. THANK YOU !!! Crazy Nice as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
czar quick question... was that little hitch in westbrook going for the layup you forgetting to press the shot stick? Lol, everything else looked SMOOTH....great vid..
Dam 24th you had to call your Man out like THAT. I mean there's pm's on the site Brah !!!

Man after I broke him I looked over to make sure I was still capturing and then was trying to remember the moves for the hop step and then finally just layed it in.... LOL but thanks for busting me out...LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
"Don't play video games, play basketball!"

Hmm is that a shot at a certain series? lol.

Man this game is deeper than I could ever imagine.
NO man... LOL that has been my tag line for some time now... Trying to get me in trouble are you ?

Sincerely appreciate the support. Things like showing the road uni's at home are done on purpose to try and undercover give you as much info as I can. The teams are still kind of up in the air so with approvals and with footage I have and time that will determine what you get to see. So please don't start requests cause I don't have the footage to support that. In fact I need to get out of here and get back to work !!! I will pop in when I'm breaking but other than that please don't expect me to be very active for the next couple weeks.

Thanks again Brethren !!!! Its important that if you want more prerelease coverage like this from these games that you make your voice known. They may think you prefer the less detailed and more general stuff unless you let them know it.

Its sooo not about my voice or the teams used or even me. IF we can get these companies to understand how serious we take these games we can get them to push the envelope in a direction that suites US. Were not ARCADE gamers !!!! ROTFLOL

Games need to get more complex and more detailed not less.

# 73 Eman5805 @ 09/08/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
From the most recent dev insight "Expanded Playcall System"

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

From a user's perspective. I think the new "Total Control Passing" will be fun to use in this sort of situations.
Completely forgot about that blurb. Thanks.

# 74 Muzyk23 @ 09/08/10 06:22 PM
Great job Da_Czar as always. Sage man, Jay-Z haven't called yet?!

# 75 Da_Czar @ 09/08/10 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
If I'm to understand this right, in that 12 Double play, let's say the Hornets run that with Marcus Thornton or another team does it with someone that's a better shooter from deep than Sefalosha. If the defender goes under the double screen, will Thornton ever break the play, leak out to the 3pt line for the potentially open trey, or is the primary scoring option he locked into following his route no matter?
Eman the hornets don't share that play all the plays you saw only apply to the Thunder. So they are the only team in the whole game that run that 12 double and 13 fade. Even if you see another team with those names they are different plays out of different sets.

While I can not answer specifically about that play I have see where the cpu player coming off a screen was supposed to come straight up off the screen but i cheated over the top and he faded... I have NO how often that happens or how its coded so don't get too excited. I do know I made recommendations to them in that area for where plays need to go.

Hope that helps.

# 76 blingballa333 @ 09/08/10 06:23 PM
Quote:
"It's real noooiice."

Quote from Da_Czar...AND my thoughts on the video

# 77 idrisguitar @ 09/08/10 06:24 PM
you are my favourite person on the internet Czar, i LOVE the vid.

i know its been said but i almost had to change my pants after seeing that ginobli move

# 78 youvalss @ 09/08/10 06:25 PM
Just need to change the title of this thread to:

Day 2: Oklahoma City Thunder

# 79 cAbEzIbIrI @ 09/08/10 06:25 PM
The only gripe i have with this footage so far is how harden and durant receive the ball towards the end of the video. It kind of kills the realism because they almost catch it behind them....which has been a problem in most 2k games. Everthing else looks super good and i cant wait to get my hands on this one.

P.S Anyone mind telling me how can i put a picture by my post ...like the profile pic.....thanks

# 80 Boilerbuzz @ 09/08/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
"Don't play video games, play basketball!"

Hmm is that a shot at a certain series? lol.
No man. He's always said that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.