Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Here is the most recent 'Behind The Scenes' clip from NBA ELITE 11. This clip of OJ Mayo driving the lane is a great example of the all-new Hands-On Control. It combines a shot fake to get the defender to bite, one-to-one behind the back dribble move to get into the key, a pro-hop to create space and a layup to finish. This is user v. user gameplay and as you can see the sticks give you more control than you get playing with the button controls. By playing with the sticks, switching to buttons, then back to Hands-On Control, you will really be able to feel the difference for yourself. You'll be able to experience this and a whole lot more in the demo coming soon to both PSN and XBL."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dirtypuppet @ 09/13/10 10:05 PM
Oh snap, finally. Watching.

# 2 TheBrothers24 @ 09/13/10 10:08 PM
Nice lil move there by Mayo. Looked good and fluid.

# 3 dexvex @ 09/13/10 10:11 PM
nice.

Now gimme dat demo...

# 4 deefrw @ 09/13/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
Is it just me or does this game look better than the other game? I already know it will play better.
Definitely looks better to me.

The possibility of using buttons just for one or two things and sticks for the rest is good to hear, but I'm sure I'll end up using one or the other for everything.

Wish they would of used the Red ATL jerseys in this video.

Edit: Good to see Al's model looks leaner and taller.

# 5 DW3 @ 09/13/10 10:13 PM
Wow! that looks really good. Came away a little more excited to try this out

# 6 P21J @ 09/13/10 10:22 PM
Hmm...looks pretty interesting. I want this demo so bad now, cause I need to experience this "Hands On Control" for myself. The graphics also look a little better in this than the last couple of vids

# 7 seemoe @ 09/13/10 10:23 PM
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Release at least 3 of those little snippets a week and you guys would have a more constant following. Very nice fluid and smooth clip.

# 8 jpalmer07 @ 09/13/10 10:25 PM
i am new to this website, so dont hate on me to much for saying this...

i usually buy both games, 2k first, and then live/elite second...

but this game is no where near 2k as far as looks, so i know i havent tried either one yet, and controls can be a big help to elite, but this game does not look near where 2k is...

what about it is better?

# 9 mrclutch @ 09/13/10 10:28 PM
Looks pretty good but it is Demo time for me.

Maybe they are going to suprise us with a demo inthe next couple day.

# 10 Goffs @ 09/13/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmactic
Is it just me or does this game look better than the other game? I already know it will play better.
GREAT IDEA! BRING UP THE OTHER GAME!

as for the clip...looks better than the other vids...still dont like how the player models look...

# 11 dirtypuppet @ 09/13/10 10:32 PM
after watching:

+'s
- Nice to finally have some media
- reasonable animation sequence
- player accessories look good
- player faces look good up close

-'s
- Crawford gets up way too high on the first block attempt (PLEASElower the verticals before release)
- player models are too slim (notably M. Williams, J. Johnson, Z Randolph)
- Crawford gets up too high on the second block attempt and then gets pushed high upon RTP contact

^^^ Joe Johnson has a thick cut body, not slim athletic build

^^^ Marvin has a very solid body with a big caboose, not a slim athletic build

^^^ Z Bo is a solid (kind of chubby) guy

^^^ Not even J Smoove should have these hops yet alone Jamal Crawford

Before release, can the Dev team PLEASE lower all vertical ratings across the board

Cheers.

# 12 coolcras7 @ 09/13/10 10:38 PM
wow another minute of gameplay, at least it wont take up to much of my time, graphics look good not player models the arenas that all I can take out of this video.

# 13 23 @ 09/13/10 10:40 PM
Wow man that vertical is just wrong, and to think they dont even bend their knees much to get that kind of air

I appreciate the video man, but whats up with regressing to these clips again?

I see the same old behind the back dribble move to get to the bucket.. kinda reminds me of how everyone would do the skipping after every made bucket in Live 10

# 14 Flightwhite24 @ 09/13/10 10:40 PM
Good to see something new for a change.
The verical's just look whacked!!!! Not enough to really make a sound judgement on what the game may eventually be, but even looking at this it seem's way behing the competition.

Still gonna hold out hope for the retail version.

# 15 nak10 @ 09/13/10 10:42 PM
Best elite video yet...I will let you guys decide whether that is a good or not..

# 16 BiggD @ 09/13/10 10:42 PM
Nice... i feel like this should of been showed like a month ago though

# 17 23 @ 09/13/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Nice... i feel like this should of been showed like a month ago though
Thats what i dont get.. the same move has been in almost every video.. the behind the back.. the hopstep

Am I missing something?

# 18 coolcras7 @ 09/13/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats what i dont get.. the same move has been in almost every video.. the behind the back.. the hopstep

Am I missing something?
nope, I don't really understand what they are trying to show, OJ has a wide open 3 but instead is able to take it to the hole on 3 defenders Elite really and you call yourself sim.

# 19 magicman32 @ 09/13/10 10:47 PM
I don't understand the point of this clip. Hands-on control? "An amazing move"!!!??? What was so amazing about a routine behind the back, a hop step and a lay up? I don't get it. They didn't even explain the controls/buttons used to pull of the series of moves on the controller. How is this "Hands-on"?

This game just looks bad for 2010. Even on the replays. The players don't animate well for whatever reason. This clip wasn't impressive...at all.

# 20 23 @ 09/13/10 10:51 PM
I could pull all of that off in Live 10

Check CP3 @ 1:28 then D Will afterwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUVFdDZcLT0

I dont get it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.