Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Here is the most recent 'Behind The Scenes' clip from NBA ELITE 11. This clip of OJ Mayo driving the lane is a great example of the all-new Hands-On Control. It combines a shot fake to get the defender to bite, one-to-one behind the back dribble move to get into the key, a pro-hop to create space and a layup to finish. This is user v. user gameplay and as you can see the sticks give you more control than you get playing with the button controls. By playing with the sticks, switching to buttons, then back to Hands-On Control, you will really be able to feel the difference for yourself. You'll be able to experience this and a whole lot more in the demo coming soon to both PSN and XBL."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 dexvex @ 09/15/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Again like i said in my post may be arcade is a little harsh. But my points are valid IMO. But in the defense of the term "arcade" if everyone has the have the ball handling ability of CP3 and dunking like Lebron, then that is the definition of "Arcade". But with that being said I never posted that Elite is arcade or that it ever was. I only stating what may give people the impression of being arcade. You are correct, player personalization and arcade doesn't go hand and hand. But increase verticals and arcade doesn't hand and hand either, but guess what, it plays a part. But one's man "arcade" is another man "sim". Maybe the issues people are complaining about will be resolved come release date, maybe that's the reason for the delay in a demo.
Just because 2k's came out doesn't mean theres a delay in the elite demo.

# 202 Pared @ 09/15/10 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Just because 2k's came out doesn't mean theres a delay in the elite demo.
Correct, there was never a delay. A date was never announced. September is all we know in terms of release.

# 203 rockchisler @ 09/15/10 04:32 PM
Nice and fluid...

# 204 B-Ball Life @ 09/15/10 05:07 PM
I Have Watched This Clip 25 times and i like the sequnce more and more. last year lay-up solutions was cool but to be able to finish exactly how you want on demand is a major upgrade imo. show me more and get me the demo.

# 205 stepsix @ 09/15/10 05:15 PM
@jlbrown143 - to echo what reanimator was saying, we definitely plan on being here in the off season. This is the first year programmers have been granted permission to post on here for basketball (previously it was just production (Mike and Marcus) and community management (blackflash). I've been reading for a while now, in fact one of my AI features this year was in response to last year's game from these forums from some of the vets.

It's particularly important for you guys to get your hands on the demo and provide as much feedback as you can. I'm hoping that once the game ships we can start some threads on how you guys feel the game can progress. I'd like at some point to break down all of the ratings and how they're applied to what features so guys like playmakers and tomba have to spend less time guessing what effects their mods will have.

# 206 jlbrown143 @ 09/15/10 05:54 PM
Hey Stepsix...thanks for chiming in......looking forward to the demo..I hope real soon...(today would be nice..lol) yeah i was just saying that after alot of the technical issues started showing their faces everybody was quiting or announcing they were leaving and then the forums were just left to pretty much speculate

We just need to know if something is wrong with the game that is fixable that we don't have to wait till hell freezes over before we get it fixed.....not saying that you guys have to....but since you are on the forums and you guys do put out patches..it's just nice to know when or if you are able to fix things we find wrong with the game...man I know no one is perfect, all I'm saying is just don't leave us out there with nothing to go on ...me personally I like to hear important things pertaining to the game right from the people we need to hear it from and not from 300 to 400 people speculating...it just makes a difference and gives you guys better credibilty when you take ownerhship of the situation..
(just sayin..)

Hey stepsix...seriously..we all want to know...what are you guys waiting on to give us the goods? come on man...show us what you workin with this year...it's been well overdue..lol

# 207 rEAnimator @ 09/15/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybud
i dont see where you can please anybody with a defender blocking shots at will, a defender being in good position just to contend the shot should good enough. you hear great coches tell perimeter defenders.( just play solid defence do not try and be a shot blocker) but for some reason u guys are going againt true basketball principles. now guys will go for the block all the time because theres a 50/50 chance that you'll get it and thats not real at all.
I'll definitely take this feedback to heart if you feel the same way after you've tried the demo.

But to say you can block shots at will when you haven't played the game yet is a little unfair.

# 208 mario_2324 @ 09/15/10 06:15 PM
Lol its funny that you guys keep sayin......"Wait until you try the demo", but no one knows exactly when its being released but i am anxiously waiting at the edge of my seat

# 209 rEAnimator @ 09/15/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_2324
Lol its funny that you guys keep sayin......"Wait until you try the demo", but no one knows exactly when its being released but i am anxiously waiting at the edge of my seat
See I know when the demo is being released, but I'm anxiously waiting on the edge of my seat to find out when the demo release date is going to be announced

# 210 mario_2324 @ 09/15/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
See I know when the demo is being released, but I'm anxiously waiting on the edge of my seat to find out when the demo release date is going to be announced
Lol good one Well i have a feeling it is going to be released next Tuesday, but it will be a total shocker if it is released this week

# 211 erickonasis @ 09/15/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
LOL...cmon give us a date

# 212 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/10 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
But thats been around since Madden was 2D. Thats why Live had all the sliding last gen. We have always traded control for realism. The problem is when the momentum is messed up like 2k9's. The key is giving the user the control to dictate the momentum so Crawford could slow up and avoid taking himself out of the play.
Leave 2K out of this. My point was that people want realism, realism, realism. But then they want control, control, control. They want it BEYOND a point that breaks that realism and then they're stuck in a place where they are never satisfied - blaming the game.

# 213 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/16/10 04:41 PM
I don't understand what looks so good in this clip. It doesn't look very smooth at all. The behind the back move looks awkward.

# 214 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/10 04:54 PM
The Live series has always had a problem with players jumping to high. Back in 99 or something you had some players who's hands would extend over the backboard. I don't understand why they can't get that right.

# 215 convince @ 09/16/10 08:54 PM
I know the demo will be released soon b/c well its like a little over two weeks left. I think the issue is more releasing when its ready and not giving the nit pickers time with demo to complain about every minor flaw that may or may not exist. I still want to see you guys release video of an AI controlled team running a legit offense. I'm an offline player and i could care less about user vs user or the AI running a simplistic offense like the Thunder. I will say agiain, show me the CPU ran Suns, Jazz or Spurs.

# 216 BiggD @ 09/16/10 09:18 PM
I would say its almost a lock for the demo to come out tuesday or thursday next week..

# 217 ffpp @ 09/18/10 09:48 AM
One thing that I never got an answer for is:
was it really necessary to release Elite only one year after a complete overhaul of the series ? I'm interested in the features it brings and although I'm not that convinced of the controls yet (just didn't have any gripes with the old ways of controls) I think that the RTP will be a great addition in the long run and will make 2k adopt something comparable in the foreseeable future.

But what I gather from reading this thread and others is that the Elite devs are under enormous pressure to get anything done in time of the official release that they hardly have time to present any footage.
The game just doesn't looks very polished to me (not only graphics), one additional year of development would have been really helpful without the devs being interrupted by the usual release cycle.

So what do you guys think ? (Even rEAnimator maybe ?) Would it have been better to not release a game this year and fully concentrate on development instead ?

# 218 Pared @ 09/18/10 10:31 AM
It's not an option at all at this point. Why discuss something that is not going to happen?

It's just not a financial option. Besides, there is enough there that is decent and worth playing.

They just need some help, and they are trying to get it.

# 219 ffpp @ 09/18/10 10:49 AM
My thought was not that it should be considered at *this* point but that it was rather a bad decision in the first place.
They knew how much work they had on their hands, starting this new 3 year plan. I would think the responsibility lies in general EA marketing strategy and the devs had more or less no other choice.

# 220 rEAnimator @ 09/18/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
My thought was not that it should be considered at *this* point but that it was rather a bad decision in the first place.
They knew how much work they had on their hands, starting this new 3 year plan. I would think the responsibility lies in general EA marketing strategy and the devs had more or less no other choice.
Not so much a marketing choice but more like what Pared said, a financial one.

I think about this often myself.

Certainly if we had more time to build the game it could have been better, but that can also cause problems in and of itself.

Often times when you have a lot more time you tend to not take full advantage of it. You may waffle on things, switch between different ideas back and forth.

Sometimes this can cause things to get much better, but often it can make you waste time and never commit to a final decision when the choice isn't obvious.

I think the tight timeline we had forced our hand and made us make those tough choices early.

We were then able to tune around those choices and ultimately made a really solid game.

As painful as it was, I think in the end I'm glad we only had a year to do what we did.

A deadline can be a really, really positive thing as it keeps you focused on what's important.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.