Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Here is the most recent 'Behind The Scenes' clip from NBA ELITE 11. This clip of OJ Mayo driving the lane is a great example of the all-new Hands-On Control. It combines a shot fake to get the defender to bite, one-to-one behind the back dribble move to get into the key, a pro-hop to create space and a layup to finish. This is user v. user gameplay and as you can see the sticks give you more control than you get playing with the button controls. By playing with the sticks, switching to buttons, then back to Hands-On Control, you will really be able to feel the difference for yourself. You'll be able to experience this and a whole lot more in the demo coming soon to both PSN and XBL."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Pared @ 09/18/10 11:00 AM
Yeah, they really put in a lot of stuff under the pressure of one year.

On top of that, with competition working on a one year schedule and you working on a two year schedule, that gives them two very different approaches to take because they have a final offering mid-way and can see the public's reaction to their work. With a two year schedule, if what you are doing is received poorly, you've just lost two years of hard work and you're right back where you started: looking for a direction.

A lot of the feedback the Elite team received I'm sure will come to fruition next year. The things we discussed just couldn't be done in the time frame they had, given there was already a project timeline in place.

I just hope during the brain-storming meetings next year they have those notes close by!

# 222 ffpp @ 09/18/10 11:16 AM
Yes, feedback is important. That is a drawback of my suggestion the lack of feedback of the new features.
I just meant it with respect to the vast amount of work that this restart of the series brings, I didn't mean this to be the general rule.

Basically, I want the Live/Elite series to succeed. At the very least the competition between EA and 2k is needed to keep the whole genre alive and keep improvements coming.

# 223 Da-Man @ 09/18/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
One thing that I never got an answer for is:
was it really necessary to release Elite only one year after a complete overhaul of the series ? I'm interested in the features it brings and although I'm not that convinced of the controls yet (just didn't have any gripes with the old ways of controls) I think that the RTP will be a great addition in the long run and will make 2k adopt something comparable in the foreseeable future.

But what I gather from reading this thread and others is that the Elite devs are under enormous pressure to get anything done in time of the official release that they hardly have time to present any footage.
The game just doesn't looks very polished to me (not only graphics), one additional year of development would have been really helpful without the devs being interrupted by the usual release cycle.

So what do you guys think ? (Even rEAnimator maybe ?) Would it have been better to not release a game this year and fully concentrate on development instead ?
Not releasing a game to concentrate on developing a game for 2 years is NOT an option at EA sports my friend.

# 224 Earl1963 @ 09/18/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Not releasing a game to concentrate on developing a game for 2 years is NOT an option at EA sports my friend.
Yeah, cuz of greed? I feel if this is a 2-3 year project then they should charge the consumer accordingly. But a free NBA Jams will do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.