Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SpSoloSr @ 09/14/10 06:24 AM
I know playing on the Pro level will not be ideal for me, but I definitely see that this is the level I'm probably gonna be trying to sharpen my skills at. I can only imagine what the AI is like on the tougher levels. Not that this is some extreme challenge, but I can almost sense the AI trying to execute things. If this build holds true to form, it's almost like my greatest nightmare and my biggest dream come true; a sports game that's smarter than me...scary.

# 42 LastEncore @ 09/14/10 06:26 AM
I finally unleash my full abilities on the iso from a broadcast prospective. God... Moves string together very smoothly and the abilities to do the stringing makes it very hard to handle Kobe. I can only imagine what D.Will and CP3 are going to be able to do. It takes masterful defense to stop Kobe from pulling up or taking you to the cup with this iso and the way you can pull.

Loving the on-ball D too. Defensive pressure from artest on Pierce is literally shutting him out. And the rotations are clean. I was constantly out of posi

The fake pass is also very nice. And the ability to post-up whenever I feel like it has transcending my guard play with Kobe a bit...

Did quite a bit of reaching to see how the calls with and Finally even though your bumping your man reach-ins still get called unlike in 2k10 where bumping your man made you impervious to fouls.

The RS is back to defensive cut-off so predicting players movements is rewarding.

The new dunking motions are also very slick. Did a spinning slam on Rondo on a fast break with Kobe and it was very disgusting.

Good show 2k.

# 43 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/14/10 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Maybe I'm missing something here but, how the hell do you switch teams!?
You can't.

My first impressions:

Graphics are definitely refined.
The gameplay feels smoother and I have more control than 2k10.
The atmosphere sounds and looks terrific.
The fact that we can't run plays sucks..lol.
I'm not sure if it's me, but the left trigger does not initiate posting up every time.
The defense is definitely there. When I'm Artest guarding Pierce, I am playing him closely and contesting every shot.
Oh yeah, when you make a 3, it still has the same bell sound from 2k10. Live 10 had the sound on point...lol.

More impressions later.

# 44 Jano @ 09/14/10 06:28 AM
Most fun I've had playing a 2K basketball game in a while, had no complaints about the way the CPU scored. No laser passes in the paint just great playcalling and good transition offense.

Really hate how barebones the demo is though, so thank god they game us the dribble moves tutorial because I would be lost w/o it LOL! Really wish I could run some plays rather then just iso'ing all the time...

Overall a good demo once I figure out the new isomotion it should be even more fun. And I'm going to have to figure out the post game maybe I'll go back to 2K10 and brush up on those tutorials.

# 45 23 @ 09/14/10 06:30 AM
Okay man, Kobe Bryant is absolutely sickness to play with

Im making Ray Allen look real bad onn here and I mean real bad lol

He did do a sick Dr J like reverse on me though which was unbelievable

The contact inside is incredible.. one of the best done things here IMO.. .People are going to love it.. no suction either

Controls and momentum are going to take some time to get used to... remember the controls are feathered so its going to seem a bit different.

After playing 2k10 just a little while ago... Im never touching that game again and this is jsut a demo

Big Baby was at the ft line and hit a shot... looked behind to get a pound from one of this teammates and noone came over.. he stood there for a sec, then was like ok then, then pointed at ray allen behind the 3pt line... and went about shooting the next

The sig gather is a ridiculous addition and these momentum jumpers... beastly.. No im not hyping this up but it feels really good

Oh and if this is stripped down atmosphere then I cannot wait to see what retail sounds like on my surround sound

# 46 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:30 AM
Ball physics on deflections are awesome.

# 47 Jano @ 09/14/10 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
You can't.

My first impressions:

Graphics are definitely refined.
The gameplay feels smoother and I have more control than 2k10.
The atmosphere sounds and looks terrific.
The fact that we can't run plays sucks..lol.
I'm not sure if it's me, but the left trigger does not initiate posting up every time.
The defense is definitely there. When I'm Artest guarding Pierce, I am playing him closely and contesting every shot.
Oh yeah, when you make a 3, it still has the same bell sound from 2k10. Live 10 had the sound on point...lol.

More impressions later.
LT+RT for postup bro!

# 48 Goffs @ 09/14/10 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
use both triggers to initiate post up

# 49 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:32 AM
I pass better without Icon passing...go figure.

# 50 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/14/10 06:33 AM
yea my dunk didnt count but it was cool lol

# 51 The Snowman @ 09/14/10 06:34 AM
so what do u guys think? is it going to live up to its hype from what you've played so far? imo i think it is and its going to be a first day buy for me on both system. das juss cuz i got money to blow lol

# 52 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:35 AM
Pau is a gotdarn beast in the low post. Face up and jumper will be my friend in 2k11.

# 53 Dachozen1 @ 09/14/10 06:35 AM
i was so jealous of you guys i could kick the crap out of you lol...but now it's on the dashboard so everything is ok.

# 54 23 @ 09/14/10 06:36 AM
Oh yeah, I shot too strong once with Kobe trying to avoid getting blocked and shot a straight brick into the backboard lol

# 55 Kashanova @ 09/14/10 06:37 AM
momentum jumpshots are so much better

# 56 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:37 AM
I think I underestimated how much time I'll be spending in the practice gym.

# 57 B-Work @ 09/14/10 06:38 AM
This game is 100% absolutely , positively , no questions , ands ifs or buts about it .................................................. ................................................. UHH-MAZE-ING !!! ..... October 5th plzzzz hurry

I also cant wait to play on my own camera angle lol

# 58 Goffs @ 09/14/10 06:38 AM
i have yet to shoot a momentum shot with Kobe...i cant seem to pull it off...Fisher i can with ease...

will try again later when i get back from gym..

# 59 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/14/10 06:39 AM
im actually trying to get use to using th shot stick, and man i am pulling off moves i have never been able to do.

# 60 23 @ 09/14/10 06:40 AM
Broken release points are a thing of the past.. this feels real good

PP has a couple of nice shots I see.. Ray's jumper looks great as well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.