Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1601 kennyacid @ 09/25/10 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got The Goods
2k's demo sucks. I feel like I'm playing 2k10. I feel like 2k is trying to sell us on Michael Jordan, cause other than that it's the same exact game as 2k10.
ummmmmm ok

# 1602 fatleg3 @ 09/25/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
i just hope the lobbies are better because last year the set up was bottom of the barrel trash lol
its like they were trying to save disk space

Or could it be that they were not worried about online. Seeing everything that 2k is doing towards gameplay with 2k11 and trying to make it as close to real ball as possible, adding all those things like dynamic attendance, jordan modes, and the other things they have done to association could they be gearing this game towards offline players as in the other game is better to play online or against someone else?

# 1603 ataman5 @ 09/25/10 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
its like they were trying to save disk space

Or could it be that they were not worried about online. Seeing everything that 2k is doing towards gameplay with 2k11 and trying to make it as close to real ball as possible, adding all those things like dynamic attendance, jordan modes, and the other things they have done to association could they be gearing this game towards offline players as in the other game is better to play online or against someone else?
Not likely as they had their online gaming since dreamcast times, and there is no way any gaming company would be in a direction like that so.

# 1604 Fngb3 @ 09/25/10 07:11 PM
Just threw this up on 2Ks forum, figured it's pretty relevant here too. As always, please don't bother telling me someone said this already, I don't have time to read all 196 pages of posts.

I get that people are nitpicking because it's the little things that make the game, but people also really need to understand what they're looking at with this demo. Don't take this as an indication that every little problem people point out is going to be fixed in the retail, but this is not the finished product.

Animations, graphics, AI stuff, all of this is going to be more polished. No, not perfect, but better. You know what drove me nuts about EAs demo before I ever played it? How long it took to DL. I DL'd and installed 2K in like 10 minutes. They took out an awful lot of a build that was already not finished. So if they don't have every animation like walking upcourt standing up, or no reflections on the court, don't assume it's not in the game at all.

In regards to game play. As Mike Wang (I think it was him) pointed out in one of his developer insights, there are three preset game style modes. Now, under the assumption that 2K is trying to make a DEMO accessible to as many people as possible, what is the likelihood they choose to make the demos gamestyle 'simulation'? Pretty small I'd guess. Here is Wang's quote about DEFAULT settings:
"Kind of a hyper-realism. Shooting %’s will be slightly higher than real life, there will be fewer fouls, slightly more dunks, more and 1’s, etc. “Let ‘em play hoops” so to speak."

People jumping higher, dunking alot, getting to the foul line, hitting crazy turn-around fade aways, rebounding like a gazelle, all of those things ought to be expected here.

Don't turn away from this game because it's unrealistic. SIM ballin' is definitely growing but they can just as easily turn people away because they're new to the game and try the demo and find it too dificult.

# 1605 Fly @ 09/25/10 08:29 PM
Ok guys, just wanted to ask a question about something concerning the PS3 version. I don't have internet access through my PS3, so haven't been able to give the demo a try.

In 2K10, it sort of felt like the controls were just a little awkward. It's hard to explain, but something just felt off about controlling players. Now I've seen that some people have discussed that the PS3 demo version is a little jagged graphically (although some have said there is no problem with the graphics). Do the controls feel a whole lot better, and feel more realistic in the demo, as compared to last year's game?

Just thought I'd try to get some feedback. Again, it's kind of hard to explain, but it seemed like the graphics sort of made the controls a little weird last year. Just my opinion, but that's what sort of bugged me about the game. I had played the 2K series on the 360 until last year, so maybe it was just the system adjustment. I never had any problems or felt awkward with the controls on the 360.

And kind of like everyone else has said, I know the demo isn't the final build, so I know there is no right answer here, and that things will likely improve before the final build ships. Just want to get a feel for the demo control-wise, since I don't have access to it.

# 1606 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/25/10 10:04 PM
Didn't real like sifting threw pages. I dont know if this was in 2k last year, I know it was in Live but, I just got called for an illegal screen with Gasol. I hope there's more off the ball fouls this year.

# 1607 NBAttacKeR @ 09/26/10 12:25 AM
:l wierdest thing ive done so far, on accident i kicked out of a shot with kobe and gasol was open at the 3 line and i shot it(idk why) but I swished it. Anybody have any Centers or PF's hitting threes?(other than odom)

# 1608 phant030 @ 09/26/10 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAttacKeR
:l wierdest thing ive done so far, on accident i kicked out of a shot with kobe and gasol was open at the 3 line and i shot it(idk why) but I swished it. Anybody have any Centers or PF's hitting threes?(other than odom)
Kobe kicking out of shot to Gasol for Three. Looks like you aren't the only on to do it. SN: Rare things do happen in real life, so they will happen in the video game world also.

# 1609 Sunday HD @ 09/26/10 01:41 AM
can't wait till this game comes out

# 1610 DaoudS @ 09/26/10 02:02 AM
I should doubt games more often if they're going to turn out to be like this one.

# 1611 ataman5 @ 09/26/10 07:21 AM
I wanted to share with you a little simple moment from demo.

There was 14 secs left and Boston ball, i was up 1 when Rondo was taking his time on the top and all Celtic players standing like a box around the paint, forwards Ray and Pierce were the pieces of this box on the baselines, when the secs hit 5 Ray started his run from left baseline to the right wing i noticed and changed my control player to Kobe, Ray was just a little faster and kobe had to get over the body of J. Oneal, Ray stepped on the perimeter took his 3 instant and missed but J.Oneal was there to tip in and this was all real in a mad way.

The strategy, the runs, body contacts, off rebound and tip in and everything were organic, real !!

# 1612 ABA QontrolZ @ 09/27/10 04:00 AM
Quote:
2k's demo sucks. I feel like I'm playing 2k10. I feel like 2k is trying to sell us on Michael Jordan, cause other than that it's the same exact game as 2k10.
i completely agree.. i really think 2k did nothing during this year and never listened to their fans...

wtf man, seriously can we ban this guy?

# 1613 KyotoCarl @ 09/27/10 04:23 AM
Quote:
You must have also downloaded the 2K10 demo by mistake. Look for the 2K11 demo, it's much more fun.

# 1614 Mr.3000 @ 09/27/10 08:16 AM
i love this demo, wish it was longer the 4 minutes go by so fast, the game seems like it will be a lot of fun to play.

# 1615 gtm @ 09/27/10 10:12 AM
I never asked this but why do the developer's always make games at 5:00 minute quarters or periods for default settings? How realistic is that or what is the reasoning behind this.

# 1616 ataman5 @ 09/27/10 05:53 PM
Is it possible that anyone else noticed this, to me it seems like a little bug.

When i size up with my player i try to get the icons for icon pass but whenever i do that my player who is in size up position with L2 start moving on his own.

Do you guys come up with this, and i think this shouldn't happen this way.

# 1617 CX1329 @ 09/27/10 09:34 PM
Has anybody noticed that the opening tip seems a lot more unpredictable this year? I've even had the referee throw the ball up a second time, because nobody was able to take it.

# 1618 spankdatazz22 @ 09/28/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
I never asked this but why do the developer's always make games at 5:00 minute quarters or periods for default settings? How realistic is that or what is the reasoning behind this.
Not everyone has the time or desire to invest, given work/responsibilities/children/etc. I think most people want to get a semi-realistic quick fix and they're happy. If they want to play longer they can choose to.

# 1619 gtm @ 09/28/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Not everyone has the time or desire to invest, given work/responsibilities/children/etc. I think most people want to get a semi-realistic quick fix and they're happy. If they want to play longer they can choose to.
That was explained easily enough. I guess it's the same as having every slider set in the middle. Player's choice. Thanks my friend.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.