Home
FIFA 11 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 11 demo is available now, please post your impressions here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mashiasu @ 09/15/10 12:56 AM
enjoying the heck out of the demo.

the AI seems to be more aggressive and the npc also seem to run to the open spaces, which is nice.

my favorite camera angle is the broadcast cam, you can see the play develop and its an improvement over last years.

PK has a new system as it has a cursor going back and forth on a red, yellow and green indicator, don't have that down at all because any slight aiming and you shoot it wide.

I like that you now control the goalie with the R stick on PK's

and this is the first time I can remember having overlaying stats during the game.

the presentation looks a whole lot better and I like the player ratings screen.

I wish they would have made saving highlights along the lines of NCAA11

I knew I was going to get this soon but after firing up the demo and hearing Tighten Up by The Black Keys made this a first day buy

# 22 Mashiasu @ 09/15/10 03:44 AM
6 minutes is way too short, I find myself getting immersed and then its halftime or full time I actually have to use tactics now which is nice and I saved a Pk

I had a couple of handballs called against me hadn't happened before.

also saw a Madrid player trip Messi away from the ball and the linesman flinch when a ball sailed over his head.

like I mentioned before graphics look the same and you may think the gameplay is stale but I'm noticing the subtle differences.

# 23 stizz @ 09/15/10 05:56 AM
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/ga...of=0&bt=0&sb=1

I couldn't find it on the dashboard but it's on the xbox.com website.

# 24 Cozmicoz @ 09/15/10 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz

You can download it from your xbox; it's just not up on the main dashboard under New Arrivals yet...

Go to the ALL DEMOS tab; Search for games under "F"... you'll find FIFA 11 there

# 25 DIESEL @ 09/15/10 07:11 AM
Played a bunch of games last night. Some impressions:

Default speed to hectic. Slow speed much better.

Defensive A.I. for cpu and your teammates seems a lot better. Not as easy to beat defenders off the dribble which is a good thing.

You still have to do most of the work on defense, but if you have a high rated defensive teammate they will step up and cut out passes for you.

Tough to score goals in such a short time.

As always controls are top notch. You always feel in control of your player

CPU players are more creative and used some nice skill moves to beat defenders.

Really I only have one gripe and it's the same one I always have with the FIFA series. I can't stand the way the CPU attacks. This has been the only area where I prefer PES over FIFA and I did not see any indication in the demo that much has changed.

The FIFA engine basically always has the computer running/passing straight at you until the user stops it. The only times the CPU will pass the ball backwards is if you deny the passing lanes or cut off the dribbler off. While in theory this sounds like a good strategy its not realistic.

In real life teams will pass the ball around and keep possession without always moving forward. When you play FIFA, the CPU comes straight at you until you stop them. They get the ball back, rinse and repeat.

Its fun, the graphics are great, the controls may be the best in sports gaming but once the CPU has the ball it feels like a video game and not soccer.

If that one nitpick doesn't bother you, you will love this game as everything else is extremely well done.

# 26 Randiesel75 @ 09/15/10 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz

Yep, XBL finally has it !!!

# 27 Adzs K2 @ 09/15/10 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Played a bunch of games last night. Some impressions:

Default speed to hectic. Slow speed much better.

Defensive A.I. for cpu and your teammates seems a lot better. Not as easy to beat defenders off the dribble which is a good thing.

You still have to do most of the work on defense, but if you have a high rated defensive teammate they will step up and cut out passes for you.

Tough to score goals in such a short time.

As always controls are top notch. You always feel in control of your player

CPU players are more creative and used some nice skill moves to beat defenders.

Really I only have one gripe and it's the same one I always have with the FIFA series. I can't stand the way the CPU attacks. This has been the only area where I prefer PES over FIFA and I did not see any indication in the demo that much has changed.

The FIFA engine basically always has the computer running/passing straight at you until the user stops it. The only times the CPU will pass the ball backwards is if you deny the passing lanes or cut off the dribbler off. While in theory this sounds like a good strategy its not realistic.

In real life teams will pass the ball around and keep possession without always moving forward. When you play FIFA, the CPU comes straight at you until you stop them. They get the ball back, rinse and repeat.

Its fun, the graphics are great, the controls may be the best in sports gaming but once the CPU has the ball it feels like a video game and not soccer.

If that one nitpick doesn't bother you, you will love this game as everything else is extremely well done.
Wot level of difficulty do you play on? I play on Legendary and never had that problem barca play like barca and Arsenal play like Arsenal never had that problem on fifa 10 let alone 11

# 28 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/15/10 09:50 AM
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.

# 29 ezio @ 09/15/10 10:16 AM
I posted this on another site:

After playing both demos I have to say I prefer PES this year and I haven't said that in a few years

I am going to mention a few things that have already been mentioned but here goes.

1.I do feel a difference in passing with better players but maybe not as much personality + though.

2. the game speed on slow seems about to be the same as the default in the PES demo and times still seems a bit fast.

3. There isn't as much spacing in midfield compared to PES which someone else mentioned.

4. I still like the crossing better in PES and dare I say I actually like the new passing in pes compared to fifa as well.

5. All manual seems better this year.

6. It still way too easy to press X and run through a player and take the ball.

It is improved on Fifa 10 and the WC game but not as much I would have liked. If you liked the past games you will like this. 3 minute halves are not long enough to get a true sense. I am going to give it more time like I did the PES demo but right now I prefer PES.

# 30 rudeworld @ 09/15/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.
both sports are...very fun to play..... I actually learned the rules of hockey from playing one of these NHL games back in the day( I always used boston, cause Cam Neely(sp?) was unstoppable) but what use to get me was how deep the franchise option use to be I never really picked up a FIFA game simply because I would not have anytime to play those games, I would be playing some other sports game back in the day( madden) not anymore!!!!! FIFA you can have my $ for and time until 2k11 comes

# 31 rckabillyRaider @ 09/15/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
get on board. It's never too late.

# 32 Nowitski41 @ 09/15/10 11:36 AM
I like the fact that the ball doesn't feel "stuck" to the players feet when they dribble or receive a pass (less control = more realism). Also, through-balls are more difficult because of the less accurate passing.

Noticed a quite a bit more tackle animations (slide and standing) which is nice.

Playing goalkeeper is fun from what I've seen in the arena. How it translates to a full game remains to be scene, it could tend to get boring at times, but that's what it's like to play goalkeeper in real life, right?

# 33 thurstones @ 09/15/10 12:10 PM
does anyone else think slide tackling is a little overpowered vs CPU or is it just me?

Try overusing slides against the computer and see what you think...

# 34 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/15/10 01:52 PM
One nice feature I picked up on was the fact that players will switch sides automatically during games. I was playing as Real and Ronaldo and Di maria would swap flanks throughout the game.

# 35 stmark @ 09/15/10 02:03 PM
this is the best football/ soccer game made ..i'm enjoying the heck out of the demo

# 36 dunlopp9987 @ 09/15/10 02:20 PM
Standing tackles are insanely easy. I'm playing on World Class, and it seems I can tackle whoever is coming at me.

And I'm playing on slow, and it still feels fast. One of my big complaints from last year, and it doesn't seem to be fixed.

# 37 CC @ 09/15/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Standing tackles are insanely easy. I'm playing on World Class, and it seems I can tackle whoever is coming at me.

And I'm playing on slow, and it still feels fast. One of my big complaints from last year, and it doesn't seem to be fixed.
I agree on the standing tackles, needs to be fixed. Playing on world class as well, and it is still an issue.

Still I just downloaded the demo an hour or so ago and can't stop playing. Probably the best sports demo I've ever played. Lots of teams (just unlocked Arsenal), and you can actually play a full game (although it's only 3 minute halfs). I can feel the improvements everywhere... Day 1 buy for me for sure.

# 38 Lubey @ 09/15/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
You're missing out on the 2 best sports games out right now. There's a huge drop off after these 2 franchises IMO.

# 39 swaldo @ 09/15/10 02:49 PM
I haven't played FIFA in years so take this for what it's worth. I played several games on Pro difficulty - Chelsea (me) versus Luverkusen:

First game was spent getting a feel for things and adjusting settings. The CPU was firing good shots on goal left & right and I lost 2-0. Funny because most the time I wasn't controlling the defender so my AI players looked pretty inept. The CPU attackers seemed way more aggressive and wanted the ball more than my team (and Chelsea is rated better.) After the game all my defenders had a game rating of around 5.0.

Second game was better, I was used to things now and kept the ball away from the CPU much more than the first game. When they did get deep my defenders played much better and the score ended 0-0. Went into penalty kicks and had no clue what I was doing and missed every shot.

Third game I wanted to sit around mid-field and watch my defense. Sure enough my back 4 pretty much played like garbage again. One of them was rated 7.4 after the game but the other 3 were around 5.0. What do you have to do, control the penalty area yourself? I dont like auto-switching, I just want to play as one player (striker) with no switches. In settings it says you're on your own if you choose "Manual Auto Switch" and there will be no auto-switching. However, every time I got the ball back the CPU made me in charge of the player with the ball. How do you do 100% player lock?

Fourth game I used different teams and had another tight back & forth game which ended 0-0. Went to penalty kicks and found the control guide for this buried in the menus. Still had a hard time putting the ball where I wanted and actually missed my first 4 shots (so did the CPU so am not sure what's up with that LOL.) Also, on corner kicks / free kicks etc there's no way to aim kicks? I want the ability to tell the computer where I want my curve bomb to land. It seems kinda like a crapshoot the way it is now.

After that I tried out the new "be a Goalkeeper." I scrolled around and had no idea how to start this mode and almost gave up. Fortunately someone on page one explained it: when it takes you to the 1 on 1 practice field (but not the one before a game) this apparently is called the "Arena." You then have to click the back button to select practice field then switch sides. Anyway, it was fun but I wish you could adjust camera angles. One time I passed the ball back then bum rushed the CPU about 30 yards away from the goal, then dove on the ground and grabbed the ball at his feet. He fell so I got up and took it to the house for a goal while he was chasing me, heh. I might just buy the game for this mode alone.

I can see this game being really rewarding for those who are serious and can grasp all of the special controls which I think have 5 levels. In addition each player has around 32 player ratings not including player tendencies and special abilities. Along with all of the team management options this appears to be a dream for any hardcore soccer player.

I would like to see the CPU play a more patient, ball control game though. Like a previous poster said every time they got the ball it was a furious attack always moving forward. Overall it's fun and has great controls but I dunno, it seems geared more towards excitement and big plays rather than realism. It's a wait and see for me, until I read the retail version impressions (especially the goalie mode) it's a hold for me.

# 40 Uga @ 09/15/10 03:18 PM
Anyone tried the demo on a 360/PS3 and on a PC to try and compare ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.