Home
FIFA 11 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 11 demo is available now, please post your impressions here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Nowitski41 @ 09/19/10 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23

Tried the demo last nite, and world class level has taken a step back IMO. The cpu gets disposessed way too easily so there's no risk and reward. .....

maybe legendary level is the holy grail, but i don't know....fifas highest levels usually yield suspect gameplay in terms of cpu boosts and such.
Agreed. World class is much easier on FIFA 11 than FIFA 10.

On Legendary, my players felt a little bit sluggish compared to World Class difficulty.

Still love the game though.

# 122 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/19/10 09:51 AM
Has anyone here played the demo on PC? It's literally, no exaggeration, the exact same game as FIFA 10 on PS3/360.

# 123 JRod @ 09/19/10 12:35 PM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36103531

Here's one of the goals, I'm quite please with. The way Drogba turned the defender was pure class and it wasn't a skill move. I have zero dexterity to do skills moves!

Most anticipated game of the year! Ha!

# 124 reo @ 09/19/10 09:29 PM
Shielding with exit moves is gone. Terrible.

No way to protect the ball against hyper pressing defenses now. Let's just let them run through us . . .

# 125 instantpop @ 09/20/10 02:36 AM
I wish the camera used on corner kicks was the one from World Cup. The pulled back view is so much easier to work with.

# 126 KG @ 09/20/10 10:03 AM
Kind of OT but wtf is this:

Makes no sense, lol.

# 127 therizing02 @ 09/20/10 12:17 PM
The more I play this demo the more I'm starting to feel it.

Last night I messed around with some different formations with Arsenal and was able to hold Real Madrid to 0 shots in a couple of games.

The biggest reason for this was being able to get back to blocking passing lanes as opposed to charging the CPU player in possession. Playing on the SLOW game speed makes this much easier. This also forced a lot of back passing even from Chelsea.

While I will agree with most that say it's a bit too easy to take the ball away from CPU attackers, I do feel that you can't charge certain players because they will dribble circles around you. Messi, Iniesta, CR7, etc. Drogba is really physical, but it's always easier to take the ball away from defenders....as it should be. What I'm trying to say is that the player personality is starting to glow.

The choice seems to be charge the CPU player in possession and try to get the ball from him and risk the constant forward pressure, or play off ball defense and block passing lanes to the front man and force the back pass to slow the game down. I like the latter.

Another thing is that there is significant risk in using the 2nd defender press on the CPU because the referee is much more sensitive....FINALLY!! I have surrendered 2 penalty kicks using that option in the area. I haven't given up a penalty in 3 years.

Lastly, I do prefer the WC level this year as opposed to the last few years when players with dribble ratings in the 60s and 70s could dribble circles around the best defenders in the world. Hopefully the final version has the CPU passing out of trouble a little more.

# 128 Matt10 @ 09/20/10 06:04 PM
I love the PS3 demo. I just hope they don't pull a Konami and mess up the full release, because this demo is just a breath of a fresh air. If the PC version doesn't improve on the system issues, I'll be a FIFA ps3 groupie for the year.

# 129 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/21/10 08:41 AM
I have a problem. I love the FIFA 11 demo on 360...but I don't know ANYTHING about the sport except for yellow/red cards and offsides. I love the passing, love just passing it midfield and trying to protect a lead. Love shooting and heading in the carom/rebound off the goalie for a goal. Love rushing the net with that 2 on 1 advantage. The game feels good and I really like the "European" presentation.

My dilemma is that this would literally be my first full version of FIFA that I've ever owned if I buy it. Will I get overwhelmed? I want to implement sound strategy and play the game the right way. The game is just fun for me on slow speed.

Between the NHL and FIFA demos, and NBA2k11 coming out soon, I have a problem of too many quality games to play!!

# 130 CC @ 09/21/10 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I have a problem. I love the FIFA 11 demo on 360...but I don't know ANYTHING about the sport except for yellow/red cards and offsides. I love the passing, love just passing it midfield and trying to protect a lead. Love shooting and heading in the carom/rebound off the goalie for a goal. Love rushing the net with that 2 on 1 advantage. The game feels good and I really like the "European" presentation.

My dilemma is that this would literally be my first full version of FIFA that I've ever owned if I buy it. Will I get overwhelmed? I want to implement sound strategy and play the game the right way. The game is just fun for me on slow speed.

Between the NHL and FIFA demos, and NBA2k11 coming out soon, I have a problem of too many quality games to play!!
Take this however you want to, but last year was the first time I bought a soccer game in my life. I'll watch soccer on occasion , but usually only when it's the World Cup or a big-time Euro League game. Anyways, I decided to buy it for the first time last year, and it quickly became my favorite sports series. I've probably played FIFA 10 more than any game in my collection (maybe not MW2). Now I'm to the point where this year the game is a must-buy. And yes it feels very good to me as well, I think this series is EA's best.

# 131 thor-17 @ 09/21/10 11:19 PM
I've played the demo alot, and I'm disappointed with the cpu's finishing touch, as well as lack of offense. They show no creativity. It's always the same ole thing-take it straight up the middle of the pitch. No switching from one side of the pitch to the other, not much passing to speak of. They did have this one breakaway. I though I was going to give up a goal. It was 2 on my keeper. One guy with the ball, the other trailing just behind and to the left. Halfway inside the 18, my keeper commited to the man with the ball.
Did he-a. chip it over my keeper's head
b. pass it to his buddy for an easy goal
c. fake out the keeper and finish
d. run straight into my keeper.

The correct answer is D. I couldn't believe it. I was upset. Has this happened to anyone else? I wanted him to score. He caught me too far up and I deserved to concede this goal.

Needless to say, I am unsure about this game. I like the idea of create a club, but the game has got to play correctly.

# 132 rckabillyRaider @ 09/22/10 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
I've played the demo alot, and I'm disappointed with the cpu's finishing touch, as well as lack of offense. They show no creativity. It's always the same ole thing-take it straight up the middle of the pitch. No switching from one side of the pitch to the other, not much passing to speak of. They did have this one breakaway. I though I was going to give up a goal. It was 2 on my keeper. One guy with the ball, the other trailing just behind and to the left. Halfway inside the 18, my keeper commited to the man with the ball.
Did he-a. chip it over my keeper's head
b. pass it to his buddy for an easy goal
c. fake out the keeper and finish
d. run straight into my keeper.

The correct answer is D. I couldn't believe it. I was upset. Has this happened to anyone else? I wanted him to score. He caught me too far up and I deserved to concede this goal.

Needless to say, I am unsure about this game. I like the idea of create a club, but the game has got to play correctly.
The goal variety is pretty limited to say the least. Still picking this up though. It's a solid footy game.

# 133 Furq @ 09/22/10 12:53 AM
Not sure how I feel

I don't watch soccer as much as many people here I'm sure but when I do I notice how real life teams play with some patience and let guys catch their breath at times. For a few years now I've wondered why the computer refuses to pass backward and keeps moving the ball aggressively up the pitch.

Guess it would make it less fun for a videogame but would add to the realism

# 134 reo @ 09/22/10 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Not sure how I feel

I don't watch soccer as much as many people here I'm sure but when I do I notice how real life teams play with some patience and let guys catch their breath at times. For a few years now I've wondered why the computer refuses to pass backward and keeps moving the ball aggressively up the pitch.

Guess it would make it less fun for a videogame but would add to the realism
Yeah, this is why I just focus on online play. Neither game does a good job of replicating the sport when playing against the AI.

# 135 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/22/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGraduate
Take this however you want to, but last year was the first time I bought a soccer game in my life. I'll watch soccer on occasion , but usually only when it's the World Cup or a big-time Euro League game. Anyways, I decided to buy it for the first time last year, and it quickly became my favorite sports series. I've probably played FIFA 10 more than any game in my collection (maybe not MW2). Now I'm to the point where this year the game is a must-buy. And yes it feels very good to me as well, I think this series is EA's best.
Johndoe, this dude is not lying. I was never into soccer that much, but what got me into the sport was soccer videogames. Ever since FIFA 08 I've bought FIFA every year and it is without question the most addicting sports video game ever made IMO. I've gotten my friends who don't appreciate soccer to come over at 1 in the morning to play for hours. It's incredible fun.

# 136 electrickeeper @ 09/22/10 11:37 AM
What is everyone's opinion of the handballs?

I've played around 15 games and only seen 4 (1 for a penalty). So it doesn't seem like it would be easy to exploit it.

I'm glad it's in the game, but I would hate to see it become something that could easily be abused.

# 137 stmark @ 09/22/10 02:26 PM
is it me or does everything control wise seem more free on normal speed?

# 138 Flightwhite24 @ 09/22/10 04:50 PM
Fellows I dloaded this demo at my sons request and I am hooked!!! This game is incredible. I've watched soccer very little over the years and went to a game at Fresno State back in the early 90's don't quite me on this but it was a WC exibition I beleive.

Heck, I might even try to score me an early copy this demo is so good. A few questions. Is there some type of season mode? How many games in a season? Is the US in this game?

Thanks in advance

# 139 Krebstar @ 09/22/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Fellows I dloaded this demo at my sons request and I am hooked!!! This game is incredible. I've watched soccer very little over the years and went to a game at Fresno State back in the early 90's don't quite me on this but it was a WC exibition I beleive.

Heck, I might even try to score me an early copy this demo is so good. A few questions. Is there some type of season mode? How many games in a season? Is the US in this game?

Thanks in advance
There is a career mode, in which you can coach/manage or also be a player. As for length of seasons, it depends on the league you're in, but you can expect to play an average of 35-40.

As for the US, the US first division (MLS) is in the game as well as the US Men's National team.

# 140 espn2harry @ 09/23/10 01:37 AM
i love the demo, i just think the jersey is too attached to the players. i'll like to see their shorts and shirts move a little

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.