Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ezio @ 09/18/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Thanks ezio!

I don't suppose you know some secret way to skip the 10 minute post game ad do you? (w/o exiting the game of course..)
Unortunatley not. I just exit and start the game again. Stupid idea that was Along with not being able to play any of the 4 teams against each other. At least on the ps3 anyway.

# 102 ezio @ 09/18/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm gonna say this: if you don't like this game over Fifa, you don't like soccer. The more I play this game, the more the realism stands out. I finally got my offense going, and this game is really starting to really just blow me away. I've been able to get long strikes, shots where I just found the tiniest bit of space in the box, and that perfect through ball for the one on one where I got the perfect feint off to get one on one with the keeper for the deft finish. No trick looks out of place, no player has that perfect touch with the ball stuck magically to his feet. When I get a shot everything feels as if it is done by proper planning and execution, not by using a unrealistic amount of tricks or poor CPU AI.

I'm loving the fact that the CPU punishes me on Pro, but there's nothing that screams "cheat." I can always say that I goofed and created the opportunity, either through a poorly timed or placed pass or over-pursuit on D. I just scored 5 goals this morning, and every one of them felt earned. What I loved was that 2 of them came of deflections, one off of my hitting a pass that went in, instead of a shot, one was an own goal off the defenders face and the other because I pulled a perfect stepover with myself facing a defender in the box with help closing in. When I'm on, it's a thing on beauty. When I'm not, the computer reminds me to up my game, quick.

This game is awesome, the game Konami needed to deliver. The PC version is, quite simply, the best looking gme I've ever seen. On my i7, settings all maxed, I have not seen a single frame dropped, the details are incredible. They even have the replay issues of last year sorted out. They are something a gamer could use to create some serious Machinima masterpieces. I simply can't wait for this game to drop. From a major fan of Fifa, I have to say that this year, it's all about PES 2011. I'll grant that Fifa has the better online package but, where it counts most for me (gameplay, AI, graphics) this game is tops. Can't wait to get the full game and fire up ML. Hopefully Dido already has been given a PC copy by Konami and is hard at work on the first SMoKE patch. Man, November can't get here soon enough.
Agree 100%.

You need to change your name already

BrianPESFan

# 103 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 12:38 PM
Okay, it's PES demo crack time! How about 30 teams to chose from? Peep this:http://www.pes-patch.com/2010/09/30-...tml#more-29920

Downloading now....

# 104 Whitesox @ 09/18/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Okay, it's PES demo crack time! How about 30 teams to chose from? Peep this:http://www.pes-patch.com/2010/09/30-...tml#more-29920

Downloading now....
Already downloaded, installing now. Wasn't sure if that was ok to post here, but I guess it is.

Drogba is a monster. If you feel like long shots are floaty, you should take one with him. Absolute rocket.

# 105 electrickeeper @ 09/18/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
]
Drogba is a monster. If you feel like long shots are floaty, you should take one with him. Absolute rocket.
Ala Adriano in 07 (I think that was the year his left was just stupid on the game)?

# 106 Whitesox @ 09/18/10 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper
Ala Adriano in 07 (I think that was the year his left was just stupid on the game)?
I have no idea, this is my first year buying the game. He's pretty powerful, though, as he should be.

# 107 LingeringRegime @ 09/18/10 02:22 PM
Great post Brian"Fifa"Fan.

# 108 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Already downloaded, installing now. Wasn't sure if that was ok to post here, but I guess it is.

I only do ManU! J/K Just played a couple of matches against Real and Barca. Had to go down to Regular, as I was getting my head ahnded to me on a platter! But I like the pacing and more laid back approach the CPU takes on Reg. I ended up winning 3-2 agianst Barca and can say that I've never played a better game of footie. The CPU passed the ball and created some really nice looks. I had Rooney playing like the bulldog he is, he won a lot of 50/50 balls. Berbatov still stinks.

I like the fact that there are no "wonder goals." They seem to have done a really good job with making sure the shooter has to be facing the goal and even then there are some really varied outcomes based on pressure/strong foot. Nani had 2, and both were nice to watch on replay, very realistic looking. The other was a Rooney. David Villa and Messi are beasts, even on Reg. Each lit me up after shredding my D. I might have to get a Spanish ML going, as well as a EPL one. I could have some big fun playing both. If you can't tell, I'm loving this game....

# 109 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Great post Brian"Fifa"Fan.
That'll change! My eyes have been opened..... Seriously, I never got the whole "Gameplay is king" about PES. I thought Fifa was more fun, and the whole license thing was huge, for me. Now with my getting used to installing option files and getting the PES controls down, I get it. Man, do I get the fascination. I'm still a "Fifa"fan, but now I'm just as much (or more) a PES fan.

# 110 Whitesox @ 09/18/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
I only do ManU! J/K Just played a couple of matches against Real and Barca. Had to go down to Regular, as I was getting my head ahnded to me on a platter! But I like the pacing and more laid back approach the CPU takes on Reg. I ended up winning 3-2 agianst Barca and can say that I've never played a better game of footie. The CPU passed the ball and created some really nice looks. I had Rooney playing like the bulldog he is, he won a lot of 50/50 balls. Berbatov still stinks.

I like the fact that there are no "wonder goals." They seem to have done a really good job with making sure the shooter has to be facing the goal and even then there are some really varied outcomes based on pressure/strong foot. Nani had 2, and both were nice to watch on replay, very realistic looking. The other was a Rooney. David Villa and Messi are beasts, even on Reg. Each lit me up after shredding my D. I might have to get a Spanish ML going, as well as a EPL one. I could have some big fun playing both. If you can't tell, I'm loving this game....
I think I'm gonna drop to regular too.

Playing as Argentina vs. Greece, it's nice to see that the Greek defense is a tough nut to crack.

# 111 LingeringRegime @ 09/18/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
That'll change! My eyes have been opened..... Seriously, I never got the whole "Gameplay is king" about PES. I thought Fifa was more fun, and the whole license thing was huge, for me. Now with my getting used to installing option files and getting the PES controls down, I get it. Man, do I get the fascination. I'm still a "Fifa"fan, but now I'm just as much (or more) a PES fan.
That's great man. Welcome to the club. I am like you in a lot of ways. I played FIFA back in the very beginning 1994. I played it also on the Sega CD, and I remember being amazed at the sound. Then I gave up gaming for ten years. The first game I after coming back was the 06 World Cup Game for the PS2. Then I tried PES, and was amazed. Preferred PES since then, although I usually picked up FIFA also. This year I am just going to stick with PES.

# 112 Whitesox @ 09/18/10 03:17 PM
Just finished my Argentina vs. Greece game. I won 2-1.

Tevez gets a goal in the 67th, which was really scrappy. A cross in and headed on net. The keeper parries it, and it falls to Tevez, who couldn't miss.

We get the next one as the Greeks begin to push forward and abandon their defensive strategy.

The Greeks get theirs as I start to lose focus in the 89th.

Loving it.

# 113 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
That's great man. Welcome to the club. I am like you in a lot of ways. I played FIFA back in the very beginning 1994. I played it also on the Sega CD, and I remember being amazed at the sound. Then I gave up gaming for ten years. The first game I after coming back was the 06 World Cup Game for the PS2. Then I tried PES, and was amazed. Preferred PES since then, although I usually picked up FIFA also. This year I am just going to stick with PES.
I'm gonna get both, Fifa on 360 and this for PC. Both are quality footie titles, I'll have Fifa for online stuff, but this'll be my main game for single player, meaning my main title, pretty much. I think it's funny how the footie wars have gone back and forth, one pulls ahead and then the other surges back. What's funny is that it's because they take the other games strengths and incorporate them. Adding the RS to do tricks was a straight rip off of Fifa, but they made tricks more effective. Great job, Konami!

Now Fifa just has to figure out how Konami so accurately gets the spacing and overall feel right. That and buy a copy of the PES video rendering engine. I hate to say it, but that is where Fifa gets blown out of the water. It's ugly compared to this game. UGLY.... And the framerate is more stable on PES, too. Maybe it's those 10,000 decisions a second. Problem is that I still can't see them. Maybe a few hundred of them are to do the wrong thing, LOL! Seriously, great year for the soccer genre. Much better than the football genre....

# 114 Hunkerdown @ 09/18/10 04:11 PM
I need wireless communicator for 360 wireless controller, anyone else do this, it work okay?

# 115 rckabillyRaider @ 09/18/10 04:15 PM
another thing I love about this year's game is that even on regular the cpu ai plays much better and smarter and gives a good challenge. Last year on regular the cpu wouldn't even attack. Not even because they were trailing late would they attack. They just stay in their side of the field ping ponging back and forth. This year the cpu adjusts their tactics and tempo according to what's happening in the game.

# 116 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I need wireless communicator for 360 wireless controller, anyone else do this, it work okay?
That's what I use, works like a charm!

# 117 BrianFifaFan @ 09/18/10 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
another thing I love about this year's game is that even on regular the cpu ai plays much better and smarter and gives a good challenge. Last year on regular the cpu wouldn't even attack. Not even because they were trailing late would they attack. They just stay in their side of the field ping ponging back and forth. This year the cpu adjusts their tactics and tempo according to what's happening in the game.
Agreed. It seems like every match the CPU comes out with a different attck and then switches focus based on the match situation. This is not only a smart soccer game, but a smart sports game, period. What I'm also loving is the amount of "oh, dang" moments. It seems like I have a breakaway or have strung some passes together to create a good look and the CPU figures out how to stop me at the last. Not through warping or cheating, but through great defensive rotation or the keeper making a great save because he got into postion properly. I have to engage my mind to be successful on this game, I like that. Last year in this game, just like Fifa, you learned how to read the CPU team tendency and memorized an attacking strategy that was successful, more often than not. This game seems more of a chess match. Very organic, IMO.

# 118 Methlab @ 09/18/10 06:30 PM
When is this demo coming out for the US? My foreign account says I need to upgrade to Gold.

# 119 Chaos81 @ 09/18/10 06:38 PM
Quote:

Downloading now....
Thanks for the link.

# 120 Methlab @ 09/18/10 10:29 PM
I made another account just to get this! Yes, it is awesome. I am still learning, but the passing seems easy to learn. I am on the xbox.

What moves should I know?I'd like to learn some basic ones to create space and win some one one ones. Is it basically, hold a trigger and use the R stick? Also, I guess you can not toggle autoswitch? Thats a little rough.

This game has a much better feel then FIFA to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.