Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 rckabillyRaider @ 09/20/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yeah, stupid ol' Qb wasn't setting the control type to "custom", so I only saw the face buttons displayed...

They moved the strategy button from L1 to back/select, so L1 is now player switch (as it is in FIFA). I was able to set up the shoulders buttons how I wanted them -- L2/jockey, L1/1-2 & chipped through, R2/sprint. The only difference is R1 is for manual passes, not finesse shots. Much easier for me now.

Anyone else on the fence about the new angled camera? I think it looks gorgeous, but I'm not high on its functionality. I feel like I can't see enough of the field, especially ahead of the ball on the bottom half of the screen. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it in time.
are you playing on ps3 or pc? on pc, just use the demo tweak mod and you can adjust the camera to your liking. I use the wide camera and adjusted from there. Works great.

# 142 Bahnzo @ 09/20/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Anyone else on the fence about the new angled camera? I think it looks gorgeous, but I'm not high on its functionality. I feel like I can't see enough of the field, especially ahead of the ball on the bottom half of the screen. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it in time.
If it's not able to be changed, I'll learn to live with it. This game seems good enough in it's game play to live with a less than optimal camera angle.

# 143 Orange Juice @ 09/20/10 11:45 AM
Is there a way to change a player's movement arrow in game plan area? When you're managing your team.? This is the first year Im really gettin into PES so I have no idea how to do it myself, although I got pretty much everything else figured out.

Also, Any tips on when to use certain types of shots? Is the controlled shot the equivalent to finesse shot in Fifa? I've made a few goals but they've only been headers and volleys. Im really trying to be able to aim my shots around the GK and into the far posts.

# 144 KG @ 09/20/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
It will take me a while to get used to the angles but I will say the way it zooms out after the kickoff is beautiful. I always thought playing on Tele was a little cheesy because you can see everything (passes that in real life you'd never be able to see). I just assumed that you can change it in the retail version.

# 145 KG @ 09/20/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Is there a way to change a player's movement arrow in game plan area? When you're managing your team.? This is the first year Im really gettin into PES so I have no idea how to do it myself, although I got pretty much everything else figured out.

Also, Any tips on when to use certain types of shots? Is the controlled shot the equivalent to finesse shot in Fifa? I've made a few goals but they've only been headers and volleys. Im really trying to be able to aim my shots around the GK and into the far posts.
Yeah a controlled shot in PES= Finesse shot in FIFA.

You really have to get angles down and be in control if you want to hit a shot from distance. Oh, and also know your players. I used Chelsea in PES 2010 and would occasionally shoot with Malouda's right. It was not a pretty sight.

# 146 aloncho11 @ 09/20/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
There are no arrows in PES 2011. Player movement (which is very good) is determined by the player's stats, special skills cards, field position and role within the team tactics.

# 147 Methlab @ 09/20/10 01:52 PM
I still need to figure out moves..what triggers do you guys use mainly (xbox)? I am using the left but not getting past many folks just yet. This game is very fun to play and I have not scored a goal in 2 games..the autoswitching is a killer right now.

# 148 rckabillyRaider @ 09/20/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I still need to figure out moves..what triggers do you guys use mainly (xbox)? I am using the left but not getting past many folks just yet. This game is very fun to play and I have not scored a goal in 2 games..the autoswitching is a killer right now.
you can disable auto switching. Pause the game, go to controller select or select side (not sure which it is?) , and then you'll have an option button. Set it to semi assisted. Works best, IMO

# 149 Methlab @ 09/20/10 02:38 PM
You are the man, thanks!

# 150 JRod @ 09/20/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
For the clubs and leagues that aren't licensed...Do they get modded in each year??(for PC)
Actually, if the PC version is the most modded of the bunch. They'll do some amazing thing with the PC version. It's basically like a new game because of the amount of modding that's done.

# 151 therizing02 @ 09/20/10 03:01 PM
I just downloaded this for the 360(Euro Profile) and IMO this just feels like football. In depth strategy, player movement, speed, pace, passing into space, etc. It's all there.

Once I get the controls down there's a real possibility the PES reclaims the top spot......where it always was except for the last two years.

# 152 ezio @ 09/20/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Started having some stability issues with the 30 team mod. It would crash a little over halfway the last few matches. Found this new .exe that doesn't make you type in the teams, etc. Haven't crashed since. Gonna try the demo expander and see if everything stays stable. Also saw that there is going to be another mod next week with more/different teams. Still loving this game! Brian

Here's the link to the new .exe: http://www.pes-patch.com/category/pes-2011-demo-patches It's halfway down, the Stelios and Panos one.
Awesome thanks. Was tired of having to keep launching to use different teams

Oh boy, I don't think I will be playing another games for a long time

# 153 Orange Juice @ 09/20/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah a controlled shot in PES= Finesse shot in FIFA.

You really have to get angles down and be in control if you want to hit a shot from distance. Oh, and also know your players. I used Chelsea in PES 2010 and would occasionally shoot with Malouda's right. It was not a pretty sight.
Lol. Ok well Ill keep this in consideration. Im actually kinda glad Im having this trouble shooting because before I played the demo, I seen alot of vids of some shots from distance, I was starting to think it would be too easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
There are no arrows in PES 2011. Player movement (which is very good) is determined by the player's stats, special skills cards, field position and role within the team tactics.
Oh okay. I really have no complaints about player movements, I just seen those arrows in the game plan menu and figured it was something u could change. I believe Ribery had an arrow going backwards and I really didnt want him going backwards lol.

EDIT- Is there a release date for this game yet for the US?

# 154 Tha_Kid @ 09/20/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Oh okay. I really have no complaints about player movements, I just seen those arrows in the game plan menu and figured it was something u could change. I believe Ribery had an arrow going backwards and I really didnt want him going backwards lol.
I assumed those arrows were for form.

# 155 rckabillyRaider @ 09/20/10 08:40 PM
man, I never thought a 0-0 draw in a soccer videogame could be so exciting! still loving it and seeing new things in each game.

# 156 jvalverde88 @ 09/20/10 09:40 PM
Quote:

EDIT- Is there a release date for this game yet for the US?
Gamestop has it coming out 10/19.

# 157 Chaos81 @ 09/21/10 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Gamestop has it coming out 10/19.
Man that's a long wait.

# 158 reo @ 09/21/10 06:11 AM
How I played the game on my 360? Look at this thread from PESfan . . .
http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=233468

Extremely disappointed after reading all the reviews here (probably set myself up for this). I truly want an alternative to FIFA. After three years, I'm tired of the same ol'. It's nice to change since I play over 1000+ games each year. I thought I would be reverting back to PES this year with all the praise being thrown at the game.

I expected the AI to take over both games. The reason is that I played both games on 'top player' and have not played PES regularly since current generation years ago. I did not keep the statistics from the first game, but did the second. The first game ended with me being Barcelona defeating Bayern 2 nil. Destroyed them with high possession and pinning them in their own box.

The second game statistics are below. I played as Bayern in the second game. However, it should be known for both games I only used the left stick and buttons A, B, X and Y. No shoulder buttons at all. Both games I did not make any changes to tactics. The game was played on 'wide' since there were no other zoomed out options. I only switched to type 2 controller settings for both games since I am used to FIFA now. Still I do not know what the shoulder buttons do.

Bayern (USER): 1
Barcelona (CPU): 0

Bayern:

Possession: 72
Shots (On Target): 4 (2)
Fouls (Offside): 2 (0)
Interceptions: 13
Corners: 0

Barcelona:

Possession: 28
Shots (On Target): 2 (1)
Fouls (Offside): 5 (0)
Interceptions: 18
Corners: 1

Make of it what you wish. I'm sure everyone else does well versus 'top player' too. However, I know I am not a 'top player' at PES. I do not even know the shoulder buttons. It is laughable. I just expected Barcelona to tear me a new one. Barcelona did not try to play a high pressure control game. I read a lot from the reviewers here how the AI uses advanced tactics and that the AI plays like their real life counterparts. Fact is this is not the case since Barcelona played a deep line and constantly tried to hit me on the counter. Maybe the coach assistance took into effect. Barcelona playing bunker and break though? Wow. This is what I was expecting to do against Barcelona.

I realize I am using two good sides, however, this is Barcelona. Barcelona always controls games. Even though Atletico took it to them this past weekend, they still had 68% possession. Both games are laughable when comparing real life data to games played as user versus the AI. Neither are true simulations.

It is just frustrating to think that the AI never changed its approach to the ball. All I did was pass it wide, central, wide, central (yes, I'm exaggerating - sometimes needed to shield and send it back) until I reached the box. After a quite a few unsuccessful attempts trying to walk it in with my inside forwards (Ribery and Robben) making runs, I just setup a couple shots at the top of the box. I am sure there is a button for me to send AI runs like FIFA, but I am not aware and was not in the mood to search. Still, shooting from 18-22 was enough for victory. I would do more of this next game and I'm sure the score differential would be 2+. I just wanted to score with Ribery.

After reading Carraggi's corner, maybe I am in the minority when it comes to how football games should be played and their challenges. Bayern up against Barcelona should be a challenge. If it was 51/49 possession, I am okay. 55/45 possession, no problem, I am playing the computer afterall. 72/28 though? Come on. It is the same garbage on both games. I can not imagine what the score would be if I used advanced tactics, set up my feints (I hate when they add features like this to assist the weak), and knew the button configuration.

Graphics, animations, and the like still go to FIFA imo. I do prefer player faces on PES though. Regarding tactics, PES is hands down above FIFA. This is why I will be renting it to see how online Master League plays out. I do not know if it is enough to take me away from FIFA though.

The reason is that I doubt I will be able to set up proper tiki taka due to lack of proper movement. In both games, I sometimes have to send the ball back to my keeper when attacking the final third. This should not be the case if I am trying to control the game. No game thus far, not even Football Manager, has gotten it right. Instead of having situational based tactics, it is always blanket. I can not blame it on lack of false nines like in FM since I am controlling the players.

However, I need the players in these games to move in particular way based on ball position on the pitch. So tactics, in these games, typically do not win me over since the differences in player movement between both games is minimal. In FIFA, I can set up my own plays with the player run feature, I would not doubt that PES has the same feature.

A couple questions, does PES have clubs? Online be a pro? Have the online connection issues been resolved in previous versions of PES? How is the lag when connecting to Europeans? Last year was there a hidden difficulty level like current generation PES from years ago that you had to unlock through Master League? It is a shame though that challenges from the AI in both games can only occur by playing small club versus big club. Yawn.

# 159 rckabillyRaider @ 09/21/10 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo

Extremely disappointed after reading all the reviews here (probably set myself up for this). I truly want an alternative to FIFA. After three years, I'm tired of the same ol'. It's nice to change since I play over 1000+ games each year. I thought I would be reverting back to PES this year with all the praise being thrown at the game.

I expected the AI to take over both games. The reason is that I played both games on 'top player' and have not played PES regularly since current generation years ago. I did not keep the statistics from the first game, but did the second. The first game ended with me being Barcelona defeating Bayern 2 nil. Destroyed them with high possession and pinning them in their own box.

The second game statistics are below. I played as Bayern in the second game. However, it should be known for both games I only used the left stick and buttons A, B, X and Y. No shoulder buttons at all. Both games I did not make any changes to tactics. The game was played on 'wide' since there were no other zoomed out options. I only switched to type 2 controller settings for both games since I am used to FIFA now. Still I do not know what the shoulder buttons do.

Bayern:

Barcelona:

Make of it what you wish. I'm sure everyone else does well versus 'top player' too. However, I know I am not a 'top player' at PES. I do not even know the shoulder buttons. It is laughable. I just expected Barcelona to tear me a new one. Barcelona did not try to play a high pressure control game. I read a lot from the reviewers here how the AI uses advanced tactics and that the AI plays like their real life counterparts. Fact is this is not the case since Barcelona played a deep line and constantly tried to hit me on the counter. Maybe the coach assistance took into effect. Barcelona playing bunker and break though? Wow. This is what I was expecting to do against Barcelona.

I realize I am using two good sides, however, this is Barcelona. Barcelona always controls games. Even though Atletico took it to them this past weekend, they still had 68% possession. Both games are laughable when comparing real life data to games played as user versus the AI. Neither are true simulations.

It is just frustrating to think that the AI never changed its approach to the ball. All I did was pass it wide, central, wide, central (yes, I'm exaggerating - sometimes needed to shield and send it back) until I reached the box. After a quite a few unsuccessful attempts trying to walk it in with my inside forwards (Ribery and Robben) making runs, I just setup a couple shots at the top of the box. I am sure there is a button for me to send AI runs like FIFA, but I am not aware and was not in the mood to search. Still, shooting from 18-22 was enough for victory. I would do more of this next game and I'm sure the score differential would be 2+. I just wanted to score with Ribery.

After reading Carraggi's corner, maybe I am in the minority when it comes to how football games should be played and their challenges. Bayern up against Barcelona should be a challenge. If it was 51/49 possession, I am okay. 55/45 possession, no problem, I am playing the computer afterall. 72/28 though? Come on. It is the same garbage on both games. I can not imagine what the score would be if I used advanced tactics, set up my feints (I hate when they add features like this to assist the weak), and knew the button configuration.

Graphics, animations, and the like still go to FIFA imo. I do prefer player faces on PES though. Regarding tactics, PES is hands down above FIFA. This is why I will be renting it to see how online Master League plays out. I do not know if it is enough to take me away from FIFA though.

The reason is that I doubt I will be able to set up proper tiki taka due to lack of proper movement. In both games, I sometimes have to send the ball back to my keeper when attacking the final third. This should not be the case if I am trying to control the game. No game thus far, not even Football Manager, has gotten it right. Instead of having situational based tactics, it is always blanket. I can not blame it on lack of false nines like in FM since I am controlling the players.

However, I need the players in these games to move in particular way based on ball position on the pitch. So tactics, in these games, typically do not win me over since the differences in player movement between both games is minimal. In FIFA, I can set up my own plays with the player run feature, I would not doubt that PES has the same feature.

A couple questions, does PES have clubs? Online be a pro? Have the online connection issues been resolved in previous versions of PES? How is the lag when connecting to Europeans? Last year was there a hidden difficulty level like current generation PES from years ago that you had to unlock through Master League? It is a shame though that challenges from the AI in both games can only occur by playing small club versus big club. Yawn.
don't know what to tell you my man, unless there's something different about the 360 version. But I guess this game is not for you.

# 160 BrianFifaFan @ 09/21/10 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo

Bayern:

Barcelona:

The Shoulder buttons are the key. All of your advanced skills come from the L Shoulder button and the RS. Basic tricks are RS only. The R Shoulder is your sprint, it needs to be used in a tapping manner to get up to speed and change of pace is critical. As to getting realistic gameplay from the top squads, it's all about the AI reacting to your approach. It plays smart, if you give it a chance to break on you, it will. All I can say is that you'll see a lot less "Route one" in PES, especially with a tactical approach. I've played a whole lotta matches and have seen a whole lot of different outcomes. But I'm playing on PC with the 30 team mod. If you have that option, I'd try it. Then you'll really see the breadth of gameplay experiences available with this game.

Simply put, one can't really judge the full PES experience on the console. Editing isn't as good, gameplay mods aren't even close. And don't get me into presentation mods. Get you a 360 controller for PC adapter and give it a whirl there. That's your Fifa alternative.... ( if you have the rig... )

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.