Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

I've played quite a bit of the NBA 2K11 demo and posted my impressions, as well as some "Flick Flick" control info, pulled from Mike Wang (Beluba).

Quote:
"Anyone try the "flick flick" moves yet? They're some of my favorite shots.

Hold LT, flick the Shot Stick and let it return to neutral (like a pumpfake), then flick and hold it again before the pumpfake ends. You get different shots depending on your movement, facing, distance, and direction of your flicks.

If you're having trouble getting your passes picked, Total Control Passing will allow you to move your receivers around wherever you want. Unfortunately, it's disabled by default so you'll have to enable it when you pick up the full version. Personally, I can't play without it.

Too bad you guys can't change the diff. and game style... it changes the experience pretty drastically."

Read the entire blog here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 eDotd @ 09/16/10 01:09 PM
Gathers are stick dependent. If your stick is neutral you'll get what you see in the video, the little fake spin. If your stick is pointing away you'll get a step back. If your stick is pointing towards the basket you'll pro-hop or get something moving you towards the basket.

They all pick up your dribble so be prepared to shoot or fake.

# 62 VDusen04 @ 09/16/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Shooter
Isn't the Y button (triangle on PS3) the hop-step button? To make it become a signature gather, do you need to press the left stick a certain way at a certain area of the court and what's the timing of the shot stick after you press the Y/Triangle button?
I have not played the demo. However, in 2K10, Y (or triangle) had a series of functions. Y while going to the basket performed the aforementioned hop step. Modifier plus Y performed the drop-step-ish spin (that often resulted in charges or travels). Holding back on the left stick while pressing Y however, performed a step back maneuver (one of which I very much enjoyed).

Is the word that Y will still do this in 2K11?

# 63 eDotd @ 09/16/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I have not played the demo. However, in 2K10, Y (or triangle) had a series of functions. Y while going to the basket performed the aforementioned hop step. Modifier plus Y performed the drop-step-ish spin (that often resulted in charges or travels). Holding back on the left stick while pressing Y however, performed a step back maneuver (one of which I very much enjoyed).

Is the word that Y will still do this in 2K11?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd
Gathers are stick dependent. If your stick is neutral you'll get what you see in the video, the little fake spin. If your stick is pointing away you'll get a step back. If your stick is pointing towards the basket you'll pro-hop or get something moving you towards the basket.
You got it.

# 64 Stumbleweed @ 09/16/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDotd

They all pick up your dribble so be prepared to shoot or fake.
Thanks, that's what I was sort of thinking... that, or it depended on the position on the floor + defense. Good stuff, I can't wait to get to work with Melo and the jab steps ha.

# 65 Introcollapse @ 09/16/10 01:27 PM
Am I the only one who can't figure out this "flick flick" stuff? All I'm getting is basic pumpfake to spot up j.

I've experimented with it in triple threat, off the dribble, in the post (which gets me an up and under, but we all knew that). What exactly is supposed to happen, and what am I doing wrong?

# 66 Goffs @ 09/16/10 01:30 PM
ah i finally figured out how to do the fake spin away jumper it took some practice but man it feels good to figure this out...

# 67 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/16/10 02:14 PM
eh, I hope they didn't make the game into a contest of stick skills.

# 68 phant030 @ 09/16/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Definitely not, it's just that the demo offers very limited options offensively, the only 'easy' thing you can do is work on your isomotion and shot stick skills...unless you want to work on your PnR

# 69 ggsimmonds @ 09/17/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7

It will definitely play a large role, as it should. I would hate to play against someone who just holds turbo and moves the RS in random directions and yet still be able to score.

But basketball IQ and strategy will stay play a large role. If you're worried that someone can dominate with the Lakers just by running 12 Island (big ups to the Czar for those vids) well that is how it should be. The onus is on the defender to stop it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.