Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

This Operation Sports exclusive video also gives you a first look at the new halftime show. This is NOT the full halftime show, as it's not an NBA Today game, which will be talked about in a couple of weeks.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 scatman @ 09/15/10 04:52 PM
I like what I see. I can already envision highlights of NBA Today with stat overlays from other games on the schedule or something of that effect. I wonder if the halftime show will act the same for my association like it does for NBA today in terms of talking about other teams and stuff.

I'm so glad they got this better. Half times haven't been the same since Kenny Smith was doing it. in 2K7 & 2K8.

Is there anyway to convince or persuade you 2K devs into moving the launch of this up?!?!?!

# 62 scatman @ 09/15/10 04:53 PM
Hey, don't we get an insight today?? About presentation?? Anyone know when it's dropping?

# 63 juicey79 @ 09/15/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
nice video, but...

what did the art team do this year? besides add some holes to the jerseys and wrinkle the socks?
i only played the demo my response is a bit bittersweet b/c they dont have socks with calf sleeves but they have kendrick perkins stretch marks and a truly leather looking ball as well as peirce's waves.

# 64 aloncho11 @ 09/15/10 04:58 PM
Awesome halftime show!

# 65 scatman @ 09/15/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
i only played the demo my response is a bit bittersweet b/c they dont have socks with calf sleeves but they have kendrick perkins stretch marks and a truly leather looking ball as well as peirce's waves.
The ball looks like it was rubbed in baby oil....kinda too shiny if you ask me but it is what it is, I'm not complaining.

I will probably have to buy a new PS3 since I have one of the originals (60GB type) and I've already put tons of hours on that bad boy, this game is gonna take it and me to levels we can't even begin to think about.

# 66 J-Unit40 @ 09/15/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
nice video, but...

what did the art team do this year? besides add some holes to the jerseys and wrinkle the socks?
Uh, have you even looked at THE GRAPHICS?! This is probably the best looking sports game ever.

This game is going to be off the charts good. I am very impressed and excited to play the final retail version. I still can't believe some of the things I am seeing in the demo...with one team. Just jaw-dropping.

# 67 Behindshadows @ 09/15/10 05:05 PM
2k's presentation goes unmatched again...This is the 2k of the old, incredible representation of a basketball broadcast....

October 5th, where are you? Can't freak'n wait!!!

# 68 Goffs @ 09/15/10 05:10 PM
Wow was that Ronnie playing? I'm impressed..I'm on the phone so I can't really hear the organs so I can't really judge and i actually like this camera angle its one of my old favorites...

# 69 juicey79 @ 09/15/10 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
The ball looks like it was rubbed in baby oil....kinda too shiny if you ask me but it is what it is, I'm not complaining.

I will probably have to buy a new PS3 since I have one of the originals (60GB type) and I've already put tons of hours on that bad boy, this game is gonna take it and me to levels we can't even begin to think about.
yo just buy a new harddrive and back up the data u have with a usb external drive...thats a good benefit of ps3'swapping drives

# 70 magicman32 @ 09/15/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Wow was that Ronnie playing? I'm impressed..I'm on the phone so I can't really hear the organs so I can't really judge and i actually like this camera angle its one of my old favorites...
I prefer the up and down camera angle to while playing a game. The floor is spaced more and you have a better view of proper angles. I've never used this camera angle before and I probably never will, but it was nice to see a up and down game play video.

The full version of this game is going to be amazing. Half time was cool also.

# 71 bonannogiovanni @ 09/15/10 05:21 PM
Presentation is best, however I'm a little disappointed cause I thought the halftime show would be set in a studio (a la CH2K8) instead of just a voice-over, but oh well.

# 72 johnnyg713 @ 09/15/10 05:22 PM
kinda dissapointed with the halftime show. I was expecting it to blow NFL 2k5's halftime show out of the water but still doesnt really top it. I love the fact that you saw chris berman talking to you and then switching to the highlights. Maybe the full halftime show will be better but idk.

# 73 scottyp180 @ 09/15/10 05:25 PM
This is a really great year for sports fans. NCAA and Madden (whether your are a fan or not) are as good as they have ever been, Backbreaker (though not a great game) gave a new feel and look to the sports genre, more specifically football games; NHL 11, Fifa 11, and Mlb The Show improved on already great products, and 2k11IMO is going to be the best basketball game ever. Not to mention that Nba Elite is trying to bring and add something new to the basketball genre.

BTW this is another good video, I like the halftime show definitely an improvement over past years. Curious to see how it will change with NBA Today and in the Association. Based on the demo and the videos this game just looks and feels great. Even if the controls of Elite are great I don't know if the game can compete with 2k's animations, play calling/how plays are run, and just how the game mimics the sport of basketball.

# 74 tcrews @ 09/15/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That move by Turner at 3:20...wow! That was great!

The HP Halftime Show reminds me of older games, kind of old-school feel to it, and I just LOVE it!!!

A very complete product, what else can I say?
I was looking at the comments just to see if anyone else had noticed this. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. That was an absolutely phenomenal move. Every year this game comes out on or around my Birthday, this year it's two days after. So I'm really hoping that due to birthday related activities, the two days in between fly by. Then I'm shutting my phone off and kicking everyone out of my house and playing this for a week. Lol. If the game is as good as it looks I should have a Tom Hanks-esque castaway beard by the end of the week.

As it stands though, every new video I watch. It's just unreal. I've never been so excited for any game in my entire life. The handful of things I really needed for this basketball game to take a huge step forward and be almost perfect, for me personally that is, they have done. Better floor spacing, meaningful plays, and the ability to use smaller players and their speed advantage (Chris Paul, etc) to dominate a game. In years past, as we all know, guys like Shaq could stay with CP3.

When you did manage to get "wide open" looks, the CPU would fire up the NOS tank and be all over you in mere milliseconds. Aside from the aforementioned gripes, this one was my biggest. After watching Czar's videos, and talking to him briefly about it. It seems as though this artificial speed burst has been eradicated from the game. Which in turn encourages you to run plays to get your guys open looks. Instead of penalizing your open shot with superhuman close out speed. Some people never noticed this, or chalked it up to that being real defense/difficulty. But others, like myself, found this infuriating as dozens of times in a real NBA game players get wide open looks. So if the crazy close out speed is gone, the spacing is as good as advertised, plays don't break down 50% of the time, and you can finally dominate with smaller players, as they do themselves in the NBA. Then this game is just going to be unbelievably ****.

# 75 coolcras7 @ 09/15/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Presentation is best, however I'm a little disappointed cause I thought the halftime show would be set in a studio (a la CH2K8) instead of just a voice-over, but oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
kinda dissapointed with the halftime show. I was expecting it to blow NFL 2k5's halftime show out of the water but still doesnt really top it. I love the fact that you saw chris berman talking to you and then switching to the highlights. Maybe the full halftime show will be better but idk.
That is not the full halftime show, Ronnie already twitted it just a small taste.
Ronnie2K
RT @cdub71323@Ronnie2K Will the presentation insight explain the difference between the halftime show we will see and the full one?->Yes

Ronnie2K
The #NBA2K11 gameplay video today (#76ers vs #Knicks) will have some of the Halftime Show presented by @DamonBruce

# 76 Jamin23 @ 09/15/10 05:32 PM
All I have to say is AMAZING and it's nice to see some footage of the sixers. I'm looking forward to October 5th.

# 77 BEARYChi @ 09/15/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
A tear will drop from my eye if this is the case, I hope so, damn 2K went hard with this game. Should be in the running for sports game of the year, and should get a higher game review score than Madden or other popular sports games, just speculating.
100% AGR33D. this game better get higher than a 9 in the Review.

# 78 hokupguy @ 09/15/10 05:40 PM
if that not the full half time show then wow, because that was short but great.

# 79 HotSauce2k3 @ 09/15/10 05:45 PM
I like the halftime show improvements and look forward to watching a full one. Here's hoping for a daily or weekly wrapup like NFL2k5 for 2k12 maybe.

Also, that halftime show song sounds really familiar... or is it just me?

# 80 Marino @ 09/15/10 05:51 PM
Is it October yet?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.