Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

This Operation Sports exclusive video also gives you a first look at the new halftime show. This is NOT the full halftime show, as it's not an NBA Today game, which will be talked about in a couple of weeks.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Nephilim @ 09/16/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
the halftime show was nice, better than any basketball game to date. but like yungflo, i was also expecting various game highlights (offense, defense) from diff players, not just from 2 "key" players.

probably too much to ask though (NFL 2k5 set the bar pretty high), but hopefully next year.

good vid nonetheless!
It was stated a few times that this is not the entire show. Reading is evil.

# 122 abjsuperstar @ 09/16/10 09:40 AM
you guys use shot stick or sqaure to shoot?

# 123 maine0618 @ 09/16/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjsuperstar
def shot stick bro there's so much depth and it's easier to use

# 124 elprez98 @ 09/16/10 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If you have a complaint with this video you hate the Knicks. Period.

That was the single best video released yet.
Fixed that for you, sir.

# 125 23bluesman @ 09/16/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
It was stated a few times that this is not the entire show. Reading is evil.
I know that, I read the thread and the blog too.

But I think the only things that will be added (for NBA Today) are updates/stats/highlights from other games as well - Around the League as they call it.

But in my post I was merely referring to the highlights from the game that you're playing - which only focused on 2 players. If in the "entire" show they somehow add other highlights from your game, then that would be great.

# 126 HealyMonster @ 09/16/10 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
I know that, I read the thread and the blog too.

But I think the only things that will be added (for NBA Today) are updates/stats/highlights from other games as well - Around the League as they call it.

But in my post I was merely referring to the highlights from the game that you're playing - which only focused on 2 players. If in the "entire" show they somehow add other highlights from your game, then that would be great.
you are correct about only showing 2 players, but one thing i think also is that they are showing regular highlights after the quarters so after the 1st quarter the show some highlites and then at halftime its more of "hot at the half" guys. I do wish they showed some team stats like 3pt%,etc

On a side note, it is extremely hilarious to me that this game is being mentioned for SGOTY. Not because it doesnt deserve it, but chew on this. What was the last game that was this revered? well its my opinion, but NFL 2k5. What does this game have in common with 2k5? Innovative presentation. Its as simple as that. Most people "want" the most important thing to be gameplay, but its not. If they make a game that sucks you in and makes you feel like your playing a game thats on TV, they got you. This game is proof, and in hindsight, Madden is a perfect example of what not to do.

# 127 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/16/10 10:54 AM
I love that camera angle for My Player mode but could never use it in a regular game. 2K cam all day!

# 128 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/16/10 10:56 AM
Actually now that I look at it, that's not even the same one in My Player. Too far away on offense.

# 129 elprez98 @ 09/16/10 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
you are correct about only showing 2 players, but one thing i think also is that they are showing regular highlights after the quarters so after the 1st quarter the show some highlites and then at halftime its more of "hot at the half" guys. I do wish they showed some team stats like 3pt%,etc

On a side note, it is extremely hilarious to me that this game is being mentioned for SGOTY. Not because it doesnt deserve it, but chew on this. What was the last game that was this revered? well its my opinion, but NFL 2k5. What does this game have in common with 2k5? Innovative presentation. Its as simple as that. Most people "want" the most important thing to be gameplay, but its not. If they make a game that sucks you in and makes you feel like your playing a game thats on TV, they got you. This game is proof, and in hindsight, Madden is a perfect example of what not to do.
I don't think its only the presentation, though. They've made wholesale improvements across the board and I believe that is why its getting an early mention for SGOTY.

# 130 Goffs @ 09/16/10 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I don't think its only the presentation, though. They've made wholesale improvements across the board and I believe that is why its getting an early mention for SGOTY.
what stands out to me the most is the 60 fps...i mean i've never seen a 2k BBall game play this smooth...they are going all out this year...like a last hurrah or something...

puts on conspiracy hat

lol at the cats face

# 131 youvalss @ 09/16/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Since 2K6, it's all about the Shot Stick, for me. I usually use the button only for pump-fakes, and I'm angry at myself for that, I'll try to change it this year.

I haven't played the demo (no PC demo), but if the Shot Stick is even better than it was the previous years, I'm going to be very pleased!

# 132 leo2k2ndc @ 09/16/10 11:29 AM
Quote:
I usually use the button for shooting jumpers and shot stick for quick lay ups and dunks, and when on Fast Breaks....

I feel I shoot better with the buttons

# 133 Pared @ 09/16/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
I usually use the button for shooting jumpers and shot stick for quick lay ups and dunks, and when on Fast Breaks....

I feel I shoot better with the buttons
And that's why you will miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

You can't reproduce what you see in videos with the button. Learn to use the shotstick.

# 134 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/16/10 11:54 AM
Quote:

You can't reproduce what you see in videos with the button. Learn to use the shotstick.
Yeah, ever since it was implemented in 2k7 I have used the shotstick. I do know a lot of people that do shoot with the button and only use the shot stick for lay ups and dunks. I think it takes away from what the shotstick has to offer.

# 135 SaC_KiNg09 @ 09/16/10 11:54 AM
Quote:

In the control insight didnt they state that they have made it where button users have the same control as shot stick users? Im a shot stick guy myself dont get me wrong, but I thought they now gave the users the same abilty with the button.

# 136 phant030 @ 09/16/10 11:55 AM
Quote:

There are button shot stick controls this yr. I saw it in the dev insight b/c a engineer refuses to use shot stick, so they created 'layup solutions' on 2k.

# 137 2kjunkie @ 09/16/10 12:55 PM
Man 2K done killed EA.... again!!!!!!!!

# 138 StankonYa @ 09/16/10 01:09 PM
This game is going to be that thang!!!
Halftime show was nice touch..
After all the vids, insights,and demo.......I'm at a lose for words, thats why i said that thang!! because i can't think of another word for it.
I played the demo last night for two hours didn't notice untill my wifey got up and said you still on that danm demo, come to bed.

This game makes my stomach hurt.....can't wait for the full version.

# 139 NotoriousD @ 09/16/10 01:47 PM
I think I want to cry.. this is the basketball game I've been waiting for since 2K6.. It seems like this game will hold on for a long time.. with all these updates to the game this might turn into a 2yr game. Shoot.. they might even skip 2K12 n be ready for 2K13 but nah its not gonna happen. I'm scared more for next year good god. Bless 2K. If this game don't get GOTY then I will be shocked seriously.

# 140 Pared @ 09/16/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
There are button shot stick controls this yr. I saw it in the dev insight b/c a engineer refuses to use shot stick, so they created 'layup solutions' on 2k.
Still won't be the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.