Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bbolo84 @ 09/16/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Yep if seems like it. Looks like EA is getting desperate by including NBA JAM as part of the game. It is clear (after viewing videos, playing the demo, reading previews and impressions) if you are looking for a sim and true to life experience of the NBA, NBA 2K11 is the game to get. I for one will be renting NBA Elite. If it's any good, I will be buying it sometime later when the price drops.

Competition doesn't hurt either, and I'm glad we have 2 basketball games to look forward to.
I love the competition, and I think that's what Madden is missing. The last thing I want to do is make this a vs. thing, but it sure does seem to help the consumers when the developers THEMSELVES feel like it is a VS thing.

# 142 23 @ 09/16/10 02:23 PM
Move on from the EA discussion in here guys

This is a presentation discussion about 2k

You can go to the Basketball (other) forum to talk about the differences of each game

# 143 bbolo84 @ 09/16/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Move on from the EA discussion in here guys

This is a presentation discussion about 2k

You can go to the Basketball (other) forum to talk about the differences of each game
Oops sorry about that!

# 144 Po Pimp @ 09/16/10 02:59 PM
I really REALLY hope they fixed the All Star Game presentation

# 145 poster @ 09/16/10 05:35 PM
Can't wait to see what NBA Today 2.0 is and how it fits into Association mode. This presentation is awesome! My dream of showing highlights of other games ala old Madden & NHL games is barely hanging on.

I don't think they will cover that during the Association half time shows, probably will just discuss the scores. Still awesome, and maybe something they can add for next year.

# 146 mark2k @ 09/16/10 07:54 PM
NBA 2K11 is a masterpiece! Thank You so much 2k for bringing the best basketball video game ever every year. Thank You.

# 147 SDJHood93 @ 09/16/10 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that NBA 2K11 will be a good contender for sports game of the year.

# 148 yungflo @ 09/16/10 10:21 PM
Question here,

So what happens if a Team is SPANKED? are we going to see people leaving? with like 2 mins left in the 4th quarter?

Also, how does dynamic attendance affect assoc and jordan legend challenge? say you are the cavs, you have either jordan on your team or you now have a legit team, will assoc acknowledge by popularity? or is it pre-programmed in from lasts year based on the 09-10 attendace?

# 149 RGmoney @ 09/16/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Question here,

So what happens if a Team is SPANKED? are we going to see people leaving? with like 2 mins left in the 4th quarter?

Also, how does dynamic attendance affect assoc and jordan legend challenge? say you are the cavs, you have either jordan on your team or you now have a legit team, will assoc acknowledge by popularity? or is it pre-programmed in from lasts year based on the 09-10 attendace?
From the Insight:
Quote:
Also, check out the arena at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to notice that some of the crowd takes its sweet time getting back to their seats. If you’ve ever been to an NBA game in person, you know that the lines for EVERYTHING (bathrooms, concession stands, etc…) can take a while so we thought it would be cool to represent this in the game. And if you are the unfortunate victim of a stomping on your home court, don’t wait for our NBA2K11 crowd to stick around for triple zeros.

# 150 rckabillyRaider @ 09/16/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Question here,

To add on to that, what if your team sucks through the season, will the total attendance numbers be down or go up if you happen to be on a hot streak?

# 151 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/17/10 12:05 AM
Wow. Just wow.

A shoo-in for sports GOY. Jury's not COMPLETELY out yet, but the best basketball game of all time might be upon us shortly.

# 152 yungflo @ 09/17/10 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
From the Insight:
thanks, don't know how i totally skipped that part XD

I wish they would show fans leaving. Like cut the cam to fans making their ways to the exits.

# 153 yungflo @ 09/17/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
To add on to that, what if your team sucks through the season, will the total attendance numbers be down or go up if you happen to be on a hot streak?
very true, and how will attendance affect my player? I don't know much about my player, but popularity is a good thing, right? so say you're good but your team sucks..ala iverson, 2006.

Will you still receive fan support?

Also with dynamic /my player support, will we see more star jerseys/posters in the crowd?

# 154 ronnieb @ 09/17/10 08:38 AM
it s not mentionned in the insight so i think that won t make it into the game but one thing i love about live presentation last year was that, for example, when vince play to toronto they boo him
i hope when james return to cleveland that they boo him to death when he touches the ball

# 155 HealyMonster @ 09/17/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
very true, and how will attendance affect my player? I don't know much about my player, but popularity is a good thing, right? so say you're good but your team sucks..ala iverson, 2006.

Will you still receive fan support?

Also with dynamic /my player support, will we see more star jerseys/posters in the crowd?
why are you asking random forum people these in depth questions about the game? it isn't like anyone here has anymore insight that what you could have by looking around the forums. You might want to get on twitter and specifically ask these questions to ronnie. here: http://twitter.com/Ronnie2K all of these very specific questions you got, he will generalyy give you a yes or no to most things. Nobody knows any more than you do here bro.

# 156 yungflo @ 09/18/10 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
why are you asking random forum people these in depth questions about the game? it isn't like anyone here has anymore insight that what you could have by looking around the forums. You might want to get on twitter and specifically ask these questions to ronnie. here: http://twitter.com/Ronnie2K all of these very specific questions you got, he will generalyy give you a yes or no to most things. Nobody knows any more than you do here bro.
I'm asking the devs, its an open-ended question for them to answer lol. I don't use twitter. I'm actually against it. ='/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.