Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog, which details Live Tuning Pack 4.

Quote:
"This update contains a small change for In Season Progression as the last tuner pack didn't have the impact we expected for everyone. Basically some Dynasties were not seeing the amount of progression we would of liked, this should be resolved with LTP4.

What is In Season Progression?

- During the season some of your players on your team will get small gains to some of their ratings
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen in the form of +1 (or another number) next to a player rating
- Will NOT affect every player, only some will Progress
- On average only a few players per team will see a +1 in Overall (OVR) gain over the course of a full season
- Will work when Siming, you do not need to play every game for it to occur
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR, for example Awareness (AWR) is a rating that normally sees a jump"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BadAssHskr @ 09/17/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
I don't get this. I hardly see any fumbles, yet everyone keeps talking about them.
im with you on this one.

# 22 Buckeyes_Doc @ 09/17/10 06:19 PM
Awesome. Glad nothing is being tuned for gameplay.

# 23 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/17/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Learn to click on your defenders to swat/intercept and stop complaining about a non issue. Thanks to the NCAA development team for continuing support of their product.
It's not a nonissue unless you like easy offense. Keep in mind I'm speaking about both sides of the ball, I've completed plenty of passes myself that should have been batted down. I don't like moving the ball that way, if it's easy it's not much fun. On top of that man defense in general is weak, guys break open too often and too easily. On defense, when I'm on the defender and he doesn't jump to swat until a second later, or goes into slow motion in order to allow the pass to be completed then yes, there's a serious problem not related to the user.

Just look at the online stats and what people are throwing for in 5 min qtrs.

# 24 Playmakers @ 09/17/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Please tune the defense as well. Pass defense isn't good enough.
Pass Defense is fine just boost it up

All these gameplay complaints are making them screw up the game now. Just tweak the darn thing it works fine

# 25 fistofrage @ 09/17/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

All these gameplay complaints are making them screw up the game now. Just tweak the darn thing it works fine
I agree, I have spent a month+ just testing, don't need any more tuners. If it would be an easy fix on heisman to have the AI punt instead of trying 59 yard fg's all the time, that would be great. But I prefer they not mess with anything right now.

# 26 knaw46 @ 09/17/10 07:39 PM
Quote:

Comments like this disregard the fact some of us care because we play online.

# 27 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/17/10 07:57 PM
Quote:

As mentioned that's a viable option for offline players, if I was mainly a dynasty guy I'd have 0 complaints. Personally though, myself along with many others, buy the game for MP, so the game can't be adjusted.

# 28 NoDakHusker @ 09/17/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
Comments like this disregard the fact some of us care because we play online.
It goes both ways. Some of us don't care because we play offline.

# 29 Buckeyes_Doc @ 09/17/10 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Yep. Right now this game plays great for me and I have a nice set of sliders. A new tuner set that affects gameplay would ruin that.

# 30 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/17/10 08:37 PM
For the love of all that is mighty....when will they fix the following:

1. CPU QB AI and make them scramble and live up to their title as mobile QB, dual threat QB ?

2. CPU punting the ball way out of bounds 97% of the time ?

3. HB's using all their moves and fixing their ball carrier vision ????

# 31 grismosw @ 09/17/10 09:33 PM
Only 2 issues I really have are the mobile CPU QBs aren't really a threat and the excessive blitzing of the CPU. If these two are addressed I don't see myself stopping with NCAA 11 until NCAA 12 comes out.

# 32 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/17/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
That's fine, but that doesn't mean anyone should disregard those on the other side since not everyone plays offline. The game has to be good online and off, it wouldn't be right to ignore one for the other.

# 33 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/17/10 11:47 PM
Needs tuning:

- too many fumbles
- read option plays need to be more effective
- punt return
- play action passes

# 34 adembroski @ 09/18/10 12:24 AM
I don't think they've touched gameplay with the tune file. Its possible it's only built to handle dynasty issues.

# 35 kkman187 @ 09/18/10 01:56 AM
How about the robo QB at base slider settings? The almost non-existent overthrows and underthrows and the weakness of the QB accuracy slider

# 36 TreyIM2 @ 09/18/10 02:47 AM
Hmm. I didn't even download the last tuner because of all the complaints. Lol. IIIIIII'MMMMM SCAAAAARRRRED....

# 37 candy2500 @ 09/18/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
I don't get this. I hardly see any fumbles, yet everyone keeps talking about them.
ill agree also. i think after working with lots of slider sets and skill levels with some personal adjustments of my own something is activating the fumbles because i have some sliders with many test games you don't see many at all, then other sets i see lots of fumbles.

# 38 Eski33 @ 09/18/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Agree with Lakers... Pass rush on Heisman is non exsistant.... The rest of the game is awesome.
I agree. Not to mention, zone defense needs some work.

Outside of that, best football game in years....

# 39 kobe882 @ 09/18/10 11:33 AM
Why do they want in season to only go up +1 for a whole season?

I find it very realistic for possibly a couple young guys on your team to get a lot of playing time, have a good (unexpected) year, and possibly go up +5 over the course of a season.. This is not unrealistic at all, and i would imagine every single team in real life sees guys go up dramatically over the course of a season.

# 40 youALREADYknow @ 09/18/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe882
Why do they want in season to only go up +1 for a whole season?

I find it very realistic for possibly a couple young guys on your team to get a lot of playing time, have a good (unexpected) year, and possibly go up +5 over the course of a season.. This is not unrealistic at all, and i would imagine every single team in real life sees guys go up dramatically over the course of a season.
+5? No thanks. I think the current implementation is a bit weak, but they don't need to go overboard either. Hopefully there is a good balance found sometime before NCAA 12 is released.

I also believe that AWR and skill ratings should be the only things progressing during a season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.