Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DaveDQ @ 09/17/10 12:16 PM
I like that. Let the game do the talking. Thanks for the post. Nice vid.

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/17/10 12:35 PM
Excellent video

# 3 Phobia @ 09/17/10 12:59 PM
Great video. I also think this is one of those cases Dana needs to swallow his pride and work a deal out with EA. EA of course has the better talent than THQ, more resources, better tech, more financial backing, and just a much better company to be tied to for your product.

UFC would benefit much better with a EA logo backing them. Already THQ has put Dana in a hole. First they release a great year one product. Then in typical THQ fashion ruin the following year and then now is pushing back another title for couple years because of their screw ups. So THQ has now put a horrible taste in its fan base mouths, has made zero effort to give the fans what they been begging for, and has taking money out of Dana's pocket. Now even more so with the pushing back of another release. What a HORRIBLE screw up by THQ with UFC 2010!!

EA is going to capitalize on this and will seriously hurt the next UFC game sales. Gamers know EA's reputation with sports titles and know EA will bring the heat to THQ. We all would love a solid MMA game with the UFC license. But we as gamers know that our money and time will be spent on which ever game has the best gameplay......NOT the game with the license.

Dana's best interest for his company(To make the most money & release a better product) would be to swallow his pride and contact EA and collaborate with them for a full UFC/Strike force/Pride title. The complete MMA experience by EA would be INSANE!!!!!

# 4 DaveDQ @ 09/17/10 01:37 PM
The next UFC game is going to have to be very well done with game features that are relevant and work correctly.

One of the reasons I look forward to EA MMA is because of its relevancy to not just MMA but gamers. How long have sports gamers been asking for tournaments where you can be a spectator? At the end of that Gamespot interview, the interviewer is very surprised and asks them to repeat what they just said. Racing games do it. FPS multiplayer games allow it, it seems to me that spectating in a game would be a given, especially this far along in this generation.

I understand gameplay is primary, but at the same time, if the game is fun and does what it advertises, that covers minor gameplay issues. FN4 is a good example of this. I hated the stamina in that game, yet, I had a lot of playing time with it online.

# 5 bkfount @ 09/17/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Dana's best interest for his company(To make the most money & release a better product) would be to swallow his pride and contact EA and collaborate with them for a full UFC/Strike force/Pride title. The complete MMA experience by EA would be INSANE!!!!!
Th UFC brand will be fine. Sure, 2010 had problems, but the main issue was making a yearly franchise out of a MMA game. It sold poorly and THQ has seemingly given up on it while pushing the next title back to 2012.

As for EA, as I said in another post, White won't have to swallow any pride. He's gone back on numerous crap he spewed out of his mouth, and this would be no different. Peter Moore wasn't even with EA when White got so offended, and Moore has shown nothing but respect to the sport.

I personally like the competition, and would rather not see EA go after the UFC license anyways. There isn't another company around willing to drop the kinds of cash EA is on a UFC-less MMA game. So let THQ have the UFC, but hopefully they just feel the pressure to actually keep it good.

# 6 Phobia @ 09/17/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Th UFC brand will be fine. Sure, 2010 had problems, but the main issue was making a yearly franchise out of a MMA game. It sold poorly and THQ has seemingly given up on it while pushing the next title back to 2012.

As for EA, as I said in another post, White won't have to swallow any pride. He's gone back on numerous crap he spewed out of his mouth, and this would be no different. Peter Moore wasn't even with EA when White got so offended, and Moore has shown nothing but respect to the sport.

I personally like the competition, and would rather not see EA go after the UFC license anyways. There isn't another company around willing to drop the kinds of cash EA is on a UFC-less MMA game. So let THQ have the UFC, but hopefully they just feel the pressure to actually keep it good.
This is actually a really great point BK

# 7 PES3Paul @ 09/17/10 11:47 PM
File this under the wishful thinking for the next version; a few more Dream fighters, and let's have the SSA in all its expandable glory . A devastatingly good video.

SSA=Saitama Super Arena

# 8 King10Sooted @ 09/18/10 12:42 AM
I am really hoping this game lives up to all the expectations. I was so let down with UFC 2010, I need a good MMA game to play.

# 9 23bluesman @ 09/18/10 01:06 AM
Kind of OT, but does anyone know if we can play as Rickson? In their roster reveal I've seen Bas Rutten, Randy Couture, and Pat Mil as playable characters, only one that seems to be missing is Rickson.

I'm still a fan of the Gracie's, watching Royce in UFC1 is really what got me started into MMA. It's great that EA has 2 Gracie's in Roger and Kron, hopefully we can play as Rickson too!

Nice vid btw! Hope to have a lot variety in the soccer kicks and head stomps (from different angles, standing/jumping head stomps, etc..)

# 10 bkfount @ 09/18/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
File this under the wishful thinking for the next version; a few more Dream fighters, and let's have the SSA in all its expandable glory . A devastatingly good video.

SSA=Saitama Super Arena
Too bad Dream probably won't even be around for the next version of EA MMA. Hopefully EA keeps the DLC pumping though. They can fill in the roster with guys fans want, and they're even missing the current Strikeforce LHW champion.

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/20/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I feel 100% the same way. UFC10 was my biggest gaming disappointment in years. I was so ticked off, i actually threw it away...DIdnt even slll or trade it.
Lol. That's some real disappointment, man. I never even got around to buying the game because I wasn't feeling the demo. Looks like I saved myself some money.

# 12 eye guy @ 09/21/10 07:43 PM
To be honest, I have high hopes for this game. A couple of workmates and a few friends of mine have the UFC game and have no interest in this. I had 09 but 10 was dissapointing.

Trailer looks MEAN!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.