SHOT STICK ON PS3

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BobbyCrougar @ 09/27/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4Stars
can somebody explain to me what they mean by "FLICK FLICK" moves. i'm new to 2k, and i'm giving it all i got to learn as much as i can b4 the game drops.
Take a look at this post up moves video. The video term "tap" is the same as "Flick" it's just gamer slang that many have grown to use. Basically a "Flick" is a stick input movement used to initiate a series of other stick movements. I guess a more technical definition would be moving the stick then allowing the stick to go back to a neutral position.

Correct me if I'm wrong OS'ers

# 142 allBthere @ 09/28/10 12:19 AM
anyone able to alley-oop dunk? I can pull of alley-lay ups, but no dunks. Probably done 10-12 alley oops...all I'm doing is left trigger and 'b' during appropriate moments.

# 143 Mr4Stars @ 09/28/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
anyone able to alley-oop dunk? I can pull of alley-lay ups, but no dunks. Probably done 10-12 alley oops...all I'm doing is left trigger and 'b' during appropriate moments.
yep, i've been dunkin with my oops... i call for a screen(LB) and once Gasol or Bynum roll to the basket i lob it to them and they dunk it. i just still havent been able to control the player without the ball and be able to cut to the basket myself and call for the lob...

# 144 jacksonvillenc @ 09/29/10 01:58 AM
Anyone know how to do the between the legs half spin with kobe?

Never mind to do this you have to press Y while doing a step back

# 145 Dr.Evil @ 09/29/10 09:10 AM
how do you do that thing when kobe walks backwards dribbling it through the legs

# 146 Giammajo @ 09/29/10 10:50 AM
Hey all,

This is my first year playing 2k, and I'm having some trouble pulling off any moves in the post during the demo. I can back down a defender with LT & RT, but can anyone explain how to drop step, spin out of the post up position, or fake one direction and perform a turn around jumper?

Much obliged

# 147 sir lucious lft ft @ 09/29/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
What will be the difference with absolute controls. Can someone help me with this because i know the way it is now to do things depend on which goal you are at and where you are at on the floor and which way you are facing.
And absolute controls are the opposite of what u said. The controls to pull off moves won't change regardless of whatever camera angle u choose or where u are on the floor. Down on the the ls will always get u a floater in the lane, left or right on the ls will always get u a left or right hand layup, left trigger plus left to right or vice versa on the ls will always get u a basic crossover and so on.

# 148 sir lucious lft ft @ 09/29/10 11:39 AM
Imo though playing this game with the controls on absolute is absolutely ********, especially if your playing on the default camera view. It makes the movements unrealistic. My suggestion is if u are having trouble pulling off moves in the game, just change your view to 2k cam or some other up and down view once u get the retail copy.

# 149 fatleg3 @ 09/29/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir lucious lft ft
And absolute controls are the opposite of what u said. The controls to pull off moves won't change regardless of whatever camera angle u choose or where u are on the floor. Down on the the ls will always get u a floater in the lane, left or right on the ls will always get u a left or right hand layup, left trigger plus left to right or vice versa on the ls will always get u a basic crossover and so on.
thank you.......

# 150 champsbasketball @ 09/29/10 02:01 PM
the more i play it the more i find out u can only do moves in certin move in the same spot but there great. lol

# 151 richmo @ 09/29/10 03:38 PM
Most people already playing this game probably know this, but I figured I'd throw this out there for the newer guys who are having trouble chaining moves together.

*NOTE* The simpler, the better. As using a large sequence of moves will burn your stamina quickly, it's better to use shorter moves and react off of the defense than to follow a mental script of what you should do every time. Even though I highlight using a sequence of moves in this post, it's only to help show you what you can do, what you can pull out of your back pocket so-to-speak.

1 strategy that I use when thinking of moves is imagining a "flowchart" or a "tree" of moves that you can use. It helps me to break down piece-by-piece what I can do. The first step is to know if you want to drive or shoot. By shooting, I mean either pulling up from Mid or taking a three, but it'll take more effort to get to Mid-Range so I'll just talk about that.

The next step is realizing whether your dribble is Live or in the Triple Threat position. With the Triple Threat, you have more options, but the moves are still pretty much the same. I won't (and can't, there's a million combinations) highlight every move, but I'll put examples so you understand the basic gist...

1. Live Dribble - From here, there's only 3 "startup moves" you can use, the Hesitation, the Size-Up, or the Normal/1st-Step Drive (again, you can chain these how you want)...

--------------1. Hesitation
-----------------a. Hesitation Cross
-------------------i. Double-Cross
---------------------1. Layup Left
-------------------ii. Pull-Up (mid)
-----------------b. Step-Back Jumper

--------------2. Size-up (any direction)
----------------a. Crossover
-------------------i. Hopstep Layup

--------------3. 1st-Step
----------------a. Explode (ball-hand)
-------------------i. Spin
----------------------1. Signature Gather
-------------------------a. Jumpshot
----------------b. Explode-Cross (opposite ball-hand)
-------------------i. Step-Back and Go
----------------------1. Floater

2. Triple Threat - Triple threat has the same "startup moves" plus its own 3 (Jab-Step, Step Over, Pull Back). Lets say you explore your options with the Triple Threat this time...

--------------1. TT
-----------------a. Jab-Step
--------------------i. Explode (ball hand)
-----------------------1. Pull-Up
-----------------b. Step Over
--------------------i. Explode (opposite ball hand)
-----------------------1. Behind-the-Back
--------------------------a. Eurostep
-----------------c. Pull Back
--------------------i. Explode (ball hand)
-----------------------1. Pull-Up Pump-Fake
--------------------------a. Jumpshot

Etc, etc, etc...

But again, the important thing here is to READ THE DEFENSE. The D will tell you what to do. In real life, big sequences of moves like some I posted happen rarely, unless it's on a better defender, which takes more work to break down. Let me know if this works for you.

# 152 allBthere @ 09/29/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr4Stars
yep, i've been dunkin with my oops... i call for a screen(LB) and once Gasol or Bynum roll to the basket i lob it to them and they dunk it. i just still havent been able to control the player without the ball and be able to cut to the basket myself and call for the lob...
Finally got a dunk alley...was a fast break with kobe sending it home...was even a reverse.

what you're talking about would be so satisfying, but I don't think that's been in any game yet.

# 153 Rawdeal28 @ 09/30/10 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
Some of you have probably discovered this, but to those who haven't:

When you're driving across the lane (with the basket to your left or right) there are inside shot versions of the momentum shots:

RSTICK opposite momentum - Spin Layup (Rondo, Drajic type of shots)
RSTICK away from the basket - Fade Layup
RSTICK towards the basket - Inside/Dummy Hand shot
RSTICK towards momentum - Running Hook

I was just skimming through the past Sticks insight and didn't notice this mentioned, so here ya go
yeah i was doing these alot in 2k10. love it.

# 154 Mr4Stars @ 09/30/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Evil
how do you do that thing when kobe walks backwards dribbling it through the legs
LT and down on the left thumbstick

# 155 PInck33 @ 10/01/10 10:19 AM
I cant seem to do the signature gather where Kobe does his spin i always seem to do a regular hop step. How is the spin gather executed?

# 156 richmo @ 10/01/10 10:50 AM
You have to be 1. in the mid-range area (16 ft +) or beyond and 2. the left stick has to be neutral.

# 157 PInck33 @ 10/01/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
You have to be 1. in the mid-range area (16 ft +) or beyond and 2. the left stick has to be neutral.
thx richmo had the stick neutral but i guess i had the area wong

# 158 richmo @ 10/01/10 02:14 PM
Actually though, I just did it from, like, 13 feet so i guess it is possible to use it there, but still sure the stick has to be neutral.

# 159 mikenoob @ 10/02/10 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Finally got a dunk alley...was a fast break with kobe sending it home...was even a reverse.

what you're talking about would be so satisfying, but I don't think that's been in any game yet.
It was in Live 10.

What does it mean to move "across the basket"? One elbow to the other?

# 160 Rocboyz101 @ 10/03/10 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo
Not necessarily true, pretty sure I've done it around the 3pt line(lemme check). The L stick must be neutral though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.