Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

The NBA Elite 11 demo is available for PS3 users. If you don't see it, just use the search function in the PSN Store, it weighs in at 923 MB.

The 360 demo should be arriving at around 5:00 - 9:00AM EST. When it is available, we will update this post.

UPDATE: The 360 demo is now up. Queue it up right here.

--------------------------------------------

Please limit this topic to IMPRESSIONS only.

This does not mean posts such as:

"Cool is it really out?"

"When will it be out for 360?"

"25% finished."

Download the demo, play it, give your thoughts. Simple.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 butie120 @ 09/21/10 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS HeLLaDOPe
Well i was hoping this demo would hold me over until Nba 2k11 drops but after reading these 1st impressions i see that it wont. Still goin to download for my 360 tho, i could use a good laugh.
Use a good laugh? Really not necessary man. Show a little respect for the developers who put a lot of time into this product. If you can't do that, leave the forums. Plain and simple.

# 62 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:09 AM
Trying to keep it short and sweet.

With the very solid review from last season, and Live 10 being the strongest Live to date, why was there a need to make this extreme 360, and completely change the series? With the Demo impressions extremely negative at this point, and stating that the demo is nearly the final product, it will not look like a strong year for the EA team, and I am really curious as to why the series changed? If you stayed on track from last year, made the graphics even better than they already were, fix glitches, add features and even more authenticity, you are on for a solid year. This years graphics have gone back to a much lower quality, the gameplay is jerky, and it is not an AUTHENTIC NBA experience. Gamers, and people in general like comfortability. This may mean that they need to get warmed up to the new game, however it is a big risk to take. 2K has maintained it success by offering virtually the same product year in and year out, but by enhancing their product each year, the series manages to dominate. I know that I am not alone on this, and I am sure that many more of us would have preferred a smoother, more authentic version of Live 10, than this extreme version of a video game, that lacks authenticity.

# 63 authentic @ 09/21/10 02:09 AM
I think the demo actually is ok. The game feels a lot better than 2k in my opinion. I've always said that 2k just moves weird, even though this is a very new engine, and you can tell that they did start from scratch, I think that they did a very good job in developing this in just one years work. Graphics will come, but I think they finally did what most game devs don't do...they focused on the gameplay over graphics. Demo's are always a little glitchy and don't really feel right. NCAA Football felt the same way to me, I think I will end up buying Elite and trying it out to see what they can do with the retail version. I think it has a lot, A LOT, of potential...

# 64 BEARYChi @ 09/21/10 02:09 AM
i LIKEd the Pratice(high on it) but the 5on5(threw me off) was terrible.

# 65 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/10 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS HeLLaDOPe
Well i was hoping this demo would hold me over until Nba 2k11 drops but after reading these 1st impressions i see that it wont. Still goin to download for my 360 tho, i could use a good laugh.
Dude! Don't base your decision around what other people think. I think that would be a mistake, but you're a grown man... I think.

# 66 pies @ 09/21/10 02:11 AM
OK after checking the controls menu, y'all might have something here, I'm feeling the new controls, gone take a little practice though, I'm still thinking "Live" and this is "Elite".

# 67 IV THA UNITY @ 09/21/10 02:11 AM
I want to cry for how bad this game is. The controls are not intuitive at all. There is some input lag on the ps3 version. The game seems like its trying to move to fast but at 30 frames per second with some of the jittery animations that i have seen. I truly don't understand why Ea took a step backwards. I am so mad because I wanted it to be good but this demo confirms exactly what i saw in the vids.

# 68 rEAnimator @ 09/21/10 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Nice response.

Guess it would pertain more to the individuals that are multi-platform then. If you have a 360, I'd avoid this and wait for the demo there. If you're stuck with PS3 only, then obviously this wouldn't be something that pertains to you.

Frame-rate seems very rough here and doesn't accurately portray the game. Reminds me of The Orange Box on the PS3 (inferior to the PC and 360 versions).
Question: Are the refs moving?

# 69 jewelz1132 @ 09/21/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I would have settled for Live 10 with these controls. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy a different game, I guess it might be Live 10 for another year.

This demo has so many issues, I really think patches couldn't fix them.
Yeah, this is how I feel right now. The controls are the best part of the game. I thought the skill based shooting would be cheap, but it's pretty nice the way it works. Gameplay wise, I haven't seen anything in my 3 games that would justify me buying it. Visually it looks like NBA Live 05 or a PSP game, and there are a lot of hitches in the player movement. I get what they're trying to do though.. it just needs a lot more time, like with Backbreaker.

# 70 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:13 AM
With the very solid review from last season, and Live 10 being the strongest Live to date, why was there a need to make this extreme 360, and completely change the series? With the Demo impressions extremely negative at this point, and stating that the demo is nearly the final product, it will not look like a strong year for the EA team, and I am really curious as to why the series changed? If you stayed on track from last year, made the graphics even better than they already were, fix glitches, add features and even more authenticity, you are on for a solid year. This years graphics have gone back to a much lower quality, the gameplay is jerky, and it is not an AUTHENTIC NBA experience. Gamers, and people in general like comfortability. This may mean that they need to get warmed up to the new game, however it is a big risk to take. 2K has maintained it success by offering virtually the same product year in and year out, but by enhancing their product each year, the series manages to dominate. I know that I am not alone on this, and I am sure that many more of us would have preferred a smoother, more authentic version of Live 10, than this extreme version of a video game, that lacks authenticity.

THIS IS GENERIC BASKETBALL!

# 71 TheBadazz @ 09/21/10 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
No they're not

# 72 jerseyballer7 @ 09/21/10 02:14 AM
Since I told myself I'm picking up 2k11 for the 360, I really wanted to check on Elite and if I liked it, get it for the ps3. Well I tried the demo and here's what I felt....

The presentation is nice. EA did a nice job with the atmosphere of the arena and crowd.

The controls really turned me off, I'm not gonna give up yet because I'm still learning but I just wasn't liking it. I tried changing the controls and though it feels a bit better I feel like I'm forcing buttons down to get my movements right.

The player models don't stand out to me. It kinda looks like the players have little to no muscle definition.

The movements are bad, the animations look stiff. Shot animations...well some are okay and some just look weird....Mike Breen sounds weird like someone is squeezing his vocals, but other than that the commentary is okay.

I dunno overall I'm not liking the feel of this game but given that it's 2am est I'm a bit tired so tomorrow (well later during the day) I will give this game some more time to see how I feel then. Not looking too good to be honest, but I will try some more!

# 73 Boge @ 09/21/10 02:14 AM
So after playing around in practice for a bit, playing a game of Become Legendary, and a regular game, here are my thoughts:

Pros:
1. Controls aren't too bad. I feel like I've got decent control over my player and the ball.
2. Shooting is sweet. I love the shooting mechanic. I feel like I've actually got control over my shot. The luck factor is gone.
3. Player faces are great. Yeah, the graphics aren't the best, but they work.
4. AI seems pretty smart in those couple of games. The winning team didn't waste a shot at the end of the game. The losing team started to play a bit desperate in the waning seconds, shooting up 3s and going for steals, also late game fouling felt spot on in the game I played. They fouled when down by 4 or 6, but not when down by 10.

Cons:
1. My player did some swirley stuff here and there. Not horrible, but I miss the days where I COMPLETELY controlled my player and had no CPU control in there at all. The auto defense thing is killing these games for me. The CPU thinks I'm guarding a specific player that I'm standing by, so it puts me in a defensive stance when I just want to run to the other end of the court.

2. Shooting does feel too easy, and that's not even after playing for long. That could be very bad in the long run.

3. The announcing isn't what I remember with Albert and Kerr. It feels a little stale, but it's not bad. I like the familiar voices.

4. Overall, the game just feels a little stale. This could be from the demo, but those are my impressions of it.

# 74 Pared @ 09/21/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
No, not really now that you mention it.

The auto defense is killing the movement of players in the 5on5. Players turn to face-up players that are not their defender when moving around the court.

Going to need a better implementation of this. It's absolutely decimating how everyone interacts with each other outside of one on one.

# 75 Dantecamp21 @ 09/21/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Refs aren't moving.

# 76 wrelax13 @ 09/21/10 02:15 AM
Quick thoughts after a few games

Pros -

Dribbling and running animations look good
Player models are decent
Court looks very nice
Crowd Atmosphere is decent
Controller input is quick, responsive
Soundtrack is tight

Cons -

Jumpshots look terrible
Blocks are unrealistic
Colors are washed out
Commentary is lackluster , ex. Breen's "bang" has no energy
Net physics are horrid
Human skill determines player skill too largely.....not really sim
Rim feels rubbery
Some animations don't fit...ala jumpshots from 2 feet away by centers
Lastly, the players don't have any personality, sig stuff other than jumpers.

IMO, I would've loved for them to upgrade what they had last year rather than tout this new physics engine which doesn't really stand out. Overall, the demo is better than what I expected, but sadly EA has not changed my mind in regards to purchasing this game.

# 77 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
In eight years of posting at Op Sports I've never seen an impressions thread this bad.............ouch.
Honestly, in my 4 years, me neither. It is worthy of it though. The Devs told us to wait for the demo, well it's here, and this is not good news for the series.

# 78 seemoe @ 09/21/10 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSo6D6y8vUk

the tutorial at the beginning of the demo for those who want to see it.

# 79 eye guy @ 09/21/10 02:19 AM
I don't know what to say.... How about, I won't be selling Live 10 anytime soon.

The controls just don't work. It might sound good on paper but it just doesn't work in motion. Imo.

Here's a question, why would I cross to my right while moving to my left, exposing the ball to a defense that has no interest but to glue themselves to me (glue, as in no matter what I do, the defense is actually stuck to the player i'm controlling without a defensive stance, but just there, for no apparent reason) and not take a swipe?

Whoever wrote, basketball isn't hockey, was right on the money. I apologize to the devs in here, but i'm just being honest. This is... whatever.

# 80 TheBadazz @ 09/21/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
how do you mess up the number outlining on the lakers jerseys?????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.