Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

The NBA Elite 11 demo is available for PS3 users. If you don't see it, just use the search function in the PSN Store, it weighs in at 923 MB.

The 360 demo should be arriving at around 5:00 - 9:00AM EST. When it is available, we will update this post.

UPDATE: The 360 demo is now up. Queue it up right here.

--------------------------------------------

Please limit this topic to IMPRESSIONS only.

This does not mean posts such as:

"Cool is it really out?"

"When will it be out for 360?"

"25% finished."

Download the demo, play it, give your thoughts. Simple.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 pepp32 @ 09/21/10 02:31 AM
This is when i officialy crossover.......to 2k11.

# 102 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I would have settled for Live 10 with these controls. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy a different game, I guess it might be Live 10 for another year.

This demo has so many issues, I really think patches couldn't fix them.

Man -- just buy 2k and enjoy some bball. Live will get its money.
We all know you will: Just playing.
Can I rant for a second since I'm on 360 and wont get it anytime soon?

Man - I've been watching Live fans defend this product to the death ... that's brand loyalty y'all. Its a part of our childhoods ... Didn't even know EA had Lakers vs Celtics 1989 till recently. I got into it w Bulls vs Blazers .. 1992. And that's how 2k caught me this year .. ironic isn't it. Gotta love the markets ...

Its turning my stomach that EA may have let down like its custees .. at least from the initial impressions .. which sounds like its sounded the last 3-4 years. Almost like literally Lebron quitting in a game vs Kobe ... damn.
Stuff like that'll drive some 14 yr old somewhere crazy ... how do you argue for your hero when there's nothing to dispute?

Buty my feelings almost got hurt till I remembered their sales figures from Madden, NHL and Fifa ...and that Bball games are the hardest of all sports to make .. and its market is probably the most critical of these games ...

It makes business sense that they would manage their resources in a cost effective way .. Y'all probably dont want to hear this rt now .. but Live probably/likely cost less than 2k in terms of production and marketing ... They're vets in this business tho .. so I'm sure its all calculated so that they'll likely get a respectable/relative business profit from this "division".

Hope y'all end up finding peace w this gm tho boys...
personally, I dig 2k .... but end up playing both gms every year. I love basketball .. as a game .. enough that that fan boy stuff doesn't really apply. I'm def more sim inclinded tho.

But I'm hoping Elite gives its fans something to fire back about .. cause it would be sad if one game is blatantly better than the other.
Reminisce real qk:
Maan - I just had flashbacks of back in my college days .. when Live had the first game w the icons (dunks n 3s et all) under them .. what yr was that (going au natural on w my memory rt now)?

I think that was when Jordan came back rt? It was a cool diverson from 2k .. with the dunks .. the speed, the ill crosses and all. I think that was the last year we really gave it any serious play ... somehow we ended up rt back to 2k the next year.

Bulls vs. Blazers was classic too ... w the MJ double pump And all the early 90 Live's ... we grew up on this man .. and although some of us left home; it'd be good to know our brothers who stayed back are having fun too.
**** if they're both good .. I'll enjoy being a grown man (all of 28) and pick up both. If it's not going to be a competitive sim .. at least make it like that year back in college .. so that enough of the people who like it can make an honest arguement for the product. C'mon .. we know you get em elsewhere .. but with the passion we all have .. it's damn near a social responsibility ..

I'm more excited about watching this marketing war ... in progress and the commuications about it than playing the actual games themselves .. damn I'm getting old .. 2k and that manipulative nostalgia BS .. Got me tho.

Peace y'all.
Member: Sim Nation ... 1.
Good luck boys ...

# 103 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/21/10 02:31 AM
i really dont know what to say, because i dont want to criticize the game just because of a steep learning curve, but i just dont see myself wanting to get use to it. I am not really enjoying passing the ball. The block animation are horrendous. I just hate the idea of not having turbo, it just doesnt feel right. Does anybody know how to change the camera view?

# 104 rckabillyRaider @ 09/21/10 02:32 AM
DISAPPOINTMENT. That sums it up nicely. They took like 5 steps back from last year's very solid effort. It's not even about getting used to the new controls, the game is just all over the place. The animations are extremely jerky and haphazard. I notice the last motions on any given animation go at light speed giving the herky-jerky feel to it. Almost as if it's missing several frames and just snaps right into the ending portion of the animation.

Another problem that has plagued Live/Elite for a while now is the seemingly lack of body weight on the players. It's prevalent again this year and I don't like it. Also the shot animations are ugly especially if you're close to the basket.

On a positive note, the crowd noise is top notch and the atmosphere is solid as well. Unfortunately where it matters most (gameplay) this game falls way below "Elite" status, IMO. Not a purchase for me.

# 105 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
Graphics
Everything looks solid
What blinder are you wearing? This is not even a matter of opinion, these graphics are not good under the circumstances that it is the year 2010, and there are games on the market in the past 2 year that look better than this.

# 106 rEAnimator @ 09/21/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
I have to be honest here, why are you answering these type questions when the product that you worked on for months is getting absolutely hammered? Can you please respond to some review comments?
I'd be happy to, which one would you like me to address. For the most part they seemed to all state opinions or facts about the game that didn't really need much of a response.

But I'm more than happy to.

I'll be up for at least another hour I think.

# 107 TheBadazz @ 09/21/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
I have to be honest here, why are you answering these type questions when the product that you worked on for months is getting absolutely hammered? Can you please respond to some review comments?
Hey BigBall, you might want to slow that down. Easy way to get hit with the hammer. The devs are here because they want to be. Let's keep it that way.

# 108 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I'd be happy to, which one would you like me to address. For the most part they seemed to all state opinions or facts about the game that didn't really need much of a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
DISAPPOINTMENT. That sums it up nicely. They took like 5 steps back from last year's very solid effort. It's not even about getting used to the new controls, the game is just all over the place. The animations are extremely jerky and haphazard. I notice the last motions on any given animation go at light speed giving the herky-jerky feel to it. Almost as if it's missing several frames and just snaps right into the ending portion of the animation.

Another problem that has plagued Live/Elite for a while now is the seemingly lack of body weight on the players. It's prevalent again this year and I don't like it. Also the shot animations are ugly especially if you're close to the basket.

On a positive note, the crowd noise is top notch and the atmosphere is solid as well. Unfortunately where it matters most (gameplay) this game falls way below "Elite" status, IMO. Not a purchase for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I don't know what to say.... How about, I won't be selling Live 10 anytime soon.

The controls just don't work. It might sound good on paper but it just doesn't work in motion. Imo.

Here's a question, why would I cross to my right while moving to my left, exposing the ball to a defense that has no interest but to glue themselves to me (glue, as in no matter what I do, the defense is actually stuck to the player i'm controlling without a defensive stance, but just there, for no apparent reason) and not take a swipe?

Whoever wrote, basketball isn't hockey, was right on the money. I apologize to the devs in here, but i'm just being honest. This is... whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Live 06 for the 360 makes this game look dead in the water!!! Can't emphasize it enough, this game is a travesty. Saddest day in my gaming life...
If you don't mind starting with those. I am not trying to be rude, I would just like your opinion on these thoughts that the entire community seem to be feeling. I know that you might be gutted, but I would like to know what you are thinking.

# 109 seemoe @ 09/21/10 02:36 AM
So, am I the only one loving this game?

# 110 coolcras7 @ 09/21/10 02:37 AM
how do you change the camera

# 111 Dantecamp21 @ 09/21/10 02:37 AM
Quote:
What blinder are you wearing? This is not even a matter of opinion, these graphics are not good under the circumstances that it is the year 2010, and there are games on the market in the past 2 year that look better than this.
Live 06 for the 360 makes this game look dead in the water!!! Can't emphasize it enough, this game is a travesty. Saddest day in my gaming life...

# 112 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
I would have to think so.

# 113 jmood88 @ 09/21/10 02:38 AM
The animations bothered me as much while playing as they did when I was watching the videos

The computer throws way too many stupid passes, it seemed like every other time they went up the court they would throw the ball right to the defender

They said that the unrealistic dunks were out but I just accidently dunked with Bynum from the free throw line

We knew that the presentation wasn't a huge focus but the game just feels bland. The players don't look that great and while the crowd sounds nice, they are all doing the same towel waving animation at the same time. The commentating is better than some of the videos but still sounds stitched together

There really isn't that much movement. I'll try to play a couple more games and see but the computer offense doesn't seem to call plays

If the physics are doing anything it's very subtle because they didn't make a difference as far as I can tell

The controls are different but not that hard to adjust to

I had no interest in this game but every year I play the demo just to see if I might end up buying it, and with all the talk about how it was important to feel the controls I wanted to see if that might have changed my mind on some of my complaints from
the videos but it didn't.

# 114 BlAcK_OpS @ 09/21/10 02:38 AM
Just finished playing the demo.

Man I am shocked after playing the demo. The graphics are BAD. Looked like NBA Live 05 on PS2. Maybe it's because it was the PS3 version.... I was in shock at the lag and just lack of quality in the player models and environment. The Lakers uniform numbers look so bright like you could turn the lights off and they would glow in the dark. Poor player movements, no smooth animations. Really ugly.

Now I must say im feeling the controls. I like the shooting and layup controls with using the L2 to do gathers and euro-steps. Also I thought the commentary was pretty good (much better than in a few of those videos.). Only thing I don't like is using R2 to pass the ball.

As of now I MIGHT Gamefly NBA Elite. I'm still really interested in the EASBA mode.

# 115 WILDBANKS @ 09/21/10 02:38 AM
I have been on OS for years, but rarely post. This demo is so bad, I felt compelled to say something. Back to bed I guess.

# 116 tha_show256 @ 09/21/10 02:38 AM
All I can say is WOW!! I don't want to bash this game or EA, but c'mon guys seriously in 2010 this is what EA is offering us as NBA basketball??!!!
I had hoped for some great rtp and nice graphics, but atlas, this isn't the case i don't feel the rtp at all in this demo!! Nor do I like the graphics...I guess 2k has won my heart!!

# 117 wrelax13 @ 09/21/10 02:38 AM
Man Reanimator, its not your fault. I blame whoever came up with this 3 year plan garbage and decided to scrap what was a decent game last year. I mean, in 3 years won't new consoles be out anyway? In 3 years live could've been a beast. The good news is, it really can't get much worse.

# 118 rEAnimator @ 09/21/10 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
No you're not. Trust me.

# 119 HoodedSoldier @ 09/21/10 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Real talk, and this is not to be on some silly console war - I say scrap the 360 version for next year and dev only for the PS3 and utilize the Blu-ray disc space to help stretch the engine. At this point, EA is truly losing out this time around although I find some redeeming qualities about the game. If it shows that they actually went in the wrong direction when the sales figures first hit, go hard on the PS3. At that point it would be a what have they got to lose scenario.

To me, it looks like they've really tapped out the engine's resources without the extra disc space. Not to mention they could REALLY go hard like how the guys who dev The Show do. The PS3 has some real nice tricks up it's sleeve, as well. EA could make up lost dollars with even greater sales that way when word of mouth of how great a game they put together on the 3....but then again, they'd need a couple years of dev time to go hard on an Elite 13...maybe.
Just a thought but I know how many of you will take that the wrong way...
Disc space has nothing to do with the engine. You do not know what you are talking about.

# 120 bigball12 @ 09/21/10 02:40 AM
rEAnimator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I don't know what to say.... How about, I won't be selling Live 10 anytime soon.

The controls just don't work. It might sound good on paper but it just doesn't work in motion. Imo.

Here's a question, why would I cross to my right while moving to my left, exposing the ball to a defense that has no interest but to glue themselves to me (glue, as in no matter what I do, the defense is actually stuck to the player i'm controlling without a defensive stance, but just there, for no apparent reason) and not take a swipe?

Whoever wrote, basketball isn't hockey, was right on the money. I apologize to the devs in here, but i'm just being honest. This is... whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
If you don't mind starting with those. I am not trying to be rude, I would just like your opinion on these thoughts that the entire community seem to be feeling. I know that you might be gutted, but I would like to know what you are thinking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.