Home
News Post

With today being the North American release date (and Steam ), lets use this topic for impressions for all 3 platforms. Please limit this to impressions and questions about the game.

UPDATE: Apparently the console version is not being released until tomorrow or even as late as Thursday for some. For those who purchased the PC version off of steam, it has been released and will be unlocked within 2.5 hours to play. I have the game already downloaded on my system, just waiting for the unlock. I will do my best with impressions as soon as the game is unlocked on my PC.

Game: F1 2010Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
F1 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Chaos81 @ 09/22/10 10:23 PM
Has anyone else had the leaders pit coming to the last lap? It was raining, and had been all race, but every car in front of me (I was in 10th) pit at the end of lap 9 of a 10 lap race.

# 102 D Apocalypse @ 09/22/10 11:05 PM
Here's another short video showing the game running on maxed settings at 2500x1600 resolution with vsync on. Again, I must say, excuse my poor driving.

# 103 D Apocalypse @ 09/23/10 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Question guys, is there a built-in movie making system for replays or are you guys using an external app?
The videos you are seeing here are recorded with fraps. Well. At least the two that I posted anyway.

# 104 Behindshadows @ 09/23/10 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Question guys, is there a built-in movie making system for replays or are you guys using an external app?
Using Fraps..

# 105 JRod @ 09/23/10 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoxcv
I have a few huge concerns other then the pit problem.

1. I pulled off to the side of the course to see if any CPU cars crashed, or had any failures. After letting it go for 20 laps, nothing. 23 other drivers driving around without incident. I hope my small test is wrong, but if not it's game breaking for me.
This type of test is a bit silly. Would you be pulled off for 20 laps under any normal circumstance...probably not so even if they did crash it's not a realistic situation.

There should be a few accidents a race but not many more than that. The only thing what would bother me is a lack of car failures.

# 106 Aaron666 @ 09/23/10 04:28 AM
Picked this game up today and I'm really enjoying it. After a few hours of flying off the track I think I have the hang of it now.

I tried online also and it was pretty good. Theres always the usual online dickheads but besides that it was quite enjoyable and I picked up some wins.

I also tried career mode and after coming first in my Toro Rosso I was quite shocked. I wanted to struggle in my first season but after qualifying 5th I found it suprisingly easy to get to the start of the pack.

But overall Im really enjoying this game.

Btw thanks for all those who posted screens and vids of the game.

# 107 kennytomson @ 09/23/10 06:44 AM
http://community.codemasters.com/for...nks-t4rg4.html

codemaster forum post, few questions answered; pace car, car failures, etc.

"During production of this game many people have asked me why we didn't include X, Y or Z features. I've been told so many times that X is a vital ingredient only for the person next to them to disagree. There is no ideal feature list that'll gain unreserved approval from everyone. We simply cannot include everything in our first game and tough decisions have to be made. We didn't include mechanical failures (for example) because I would like us to do this properly. For starters I don't like random failures so straight off it'll take us longer to implement a system whereby wear and tear on the car feeds into the likelihood of systems shutting down. I want the player to be able to work around them if spotted early enough. For the older gamers out there, think of the crack that'd appear at the top of the screen as your car took a pounding in Crammonds wonderful Stunt Car title. Why no Safety Car? That became quite a topic of conversation in the office! The SC issue is quite black and white, even amongst the community. Yes, it's quite cool in real life because it sparks a lot of activity, change of strategy and brings the cars closer together but I want all those elements in our game not just a car that trundles around the track when an accidents occurred. We want to include things that we have time to do justice to and that proved extremely tough with the game you'll soon have in your possession let alone anything on top of that. We built this game from the ground-up and everything took a great deal of planning and effort. We pushed the development period as far as we could... we're always very aware of what's being called for. Sometimes I feel as though the gap between F1 games has played against us because people have had so long to imagine all the features they'd love to have in their ideal F1 title."

# 108 JMD @ 09/23/10 07:34 AM
If anyone has the 360 or PS3 version of the game, can you tell me if you can turn the names off above the cars?

Thanks

# 109 bonannogiovanni @ 09/23/10 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
http://community.codemasters.com/for...nks-t4rg4.html

codemaster forum post, few questions answered; pace car, car failures, etc.

"During production of this game many people have asked me why we didn't include X, Y or Z features. I've been told so many times that X is a vital ingredient only for the person next to them to disagree. There is no ideal feature list that'll gain unreserved approval from everyone. We simply cannot include everything in our first game and tough decisions have to be made. We didn't include mechanical failures (for example) because I would like us to do this properly. For starters I don't like random failures so straight off it'll take us longer to implement a system whereby wear and tear on the car feeds into the likelihood of systems shutting down. I want the player to be able to work around them if spotted early enough. For the older gamers out there, think of the crack that'd appear at the top of the screen as your car took a pounding in Crammonds wonderful Stunt Car title. Why no Safety Car? That became quite a topic of conversation in the office! The SC issue is quite black and white, even amongst the community. Yes, it's quite cool in real life because it sparks a lot of activity, change of strategy and brings the cars closer together but I want all those elements in our game not just a car that trundles around the track when an accidents occurred. We want to include things that we have time to do justice to and that proved extremely tough with the game you'll soon have in your possession let alone anything on top of that. We built this game from the ground-up and everything took a great deal of planning and effort. We pushed the development period as far as we could... we're always very aware of what's being called for. Sometimes I feel as though the gap between F1 games has played against us because people have had so long to imagine all the features they'd love to have in their ideal F1 title."
WoW, I didn't know there's no mechanical failures, so all the cars finish the race unless they have an accident. It's a bummer, but it's their first attempt at a F1 game, and it looks promising.....

# 110 bonannogiovanni @ 09/23/10 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
If anyone has the 360 or PS3 version of the game, can you tell me if you can turn the names off above the cars?

Thanks
Search this thread because it's already been posted, I know it can be done.

# 111 R9NALD9 @ 09/23/10 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
WoW, I didn't know there's no mechanical failures, so all the cars finish the race unless they have an accident. It's a bummer, but it's their first attempt at a F1 game, and it looks promising.....
There is mechanical failures for CPU controlled cars, but the user's car cannot not experience a mechanical failure.

# 112 bonannogiovanni @ 09/23/10 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
There is mechanical failures for CPU controlled cars, but the user's car cannot not experience a mechanical failure.
Ahhh got you, just as well....

# 113 Sundown2600 @ 09/23/10 10:14 AM
I'm a huge F1 nut my game is coming in today for the PS3. When I get it I will post a very detailed review before bedtime.

# 114 bonannogiovanni @ 09/23/10 10:25 AM
I'd like to know if it possible to switch to AI cars during replays, thanks.

# 115 bluengold34_OS @ 09/23/10 10:40 AM
One of the best features of the MP, is the simple fact that you can do a private Grand Prix with as little as you and one other friend, with the rest of the field being comprised of AI drivers. So basically you can do a whole season with a friend, and AI's all online......

I know Paul said that MP was important to them, but not a focus this year. Here is to hoping that they tweak it next year, and add new options like practice mode, share a set-up, and race viewer( if you're not racing, you can view it live) just to name a few.

# 116 huskerwr38 @ 09/23/10 10:56 AM
This game is an absolute masterpiece. I have it on the PC, with a Logitech g27 racing wheel, I7 processor, Radeon 4800 HD video card, and 6gb ram so that I can turn the graphics all the way up to Ultra without lag whatsoever. I'm not bragging just letting you know my set up. If your PC can handle it, I suggest getting it for you pc.

I've only raced a few, and I would say this game leans far towards sim as opposed to arcade. Turn off all assists, manually configure your car, and change camera to cockpit view and you have yourself a very realistic sim game. However, if you want arcade style, you can certainly turn up the driving assists, as well as do a quick set up for each race and then change the camera view.

All in all, I give it a 9.5/10.

# 117 JRod @ 09/23/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Not silly at all. It's a way to see if the AI is scripted to run a perfect race without our interference. It appears that it is. Major fail if that is the case.
You created a situation that's NEVER going to happen ever. There's never going to be a car sitting off the track for 20 laps. Even if cars did crash, this test is pointless.

# 118 LingeringRegime @ 09/23/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I'm a huge F1 nut my game is coming in today for the PS3. When I get it I will post a very detailed review before bedtime.
Looking forward to your review. Still on the fence for this.

# 119 ExtremeGamer @ 09/23/10 01:02 PM
Picked it up this morning. Not liking the no vehicle damage unless on expert though. Big turn off from the start. Game looks incredible on 360, no frame rate hits or anything while playing. Love the dynamic weather.

It's a fun racer, has some issues, the pit issue for instance.

I will have fun with it, but probably won't last long in my rotation unfortunately unless some issues are fixed.

# 120 JRod @ 09/23/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
It was a way to see if they would crash with each other. They don't. Test proven,. The CPU doesn't crash. Ever. The Ai is scripted. I could have just as easily stayed in last place a few car lengths behind and would have achieved the same results. Do you understand now?
You do realize that in F1 there are accidents but they are rare. It's not NASCAR and it's not Indy/Champ car.

If there's more than 3-5 accidents a race, that's one crash-laden race. If there's 3-5 per race every time out, than Codies did something wrong in their game. In last's week Bahrain GP, Hamilton went out but he was the only car to do so do to an accident. And I think he just lost a tire and wasn't able to continue.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.