Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

All right, so I'm just going to post this now to get it out of the way. Next week (Thursday to be exact) I will be going to see NBA 2K11 a final time before the game is released in October. Basically, if anyone remembers past Q&As, I will try to get as many questions as possible answered for all you psychos out there.

I only ask that you don't ask ratings questions, and please no specific accessory questions or stuff along those lines. You can ask about accessories, but don't ask me if Gerald Wallace has all 11 of his armbands/headbands on his body. Stuff relating to Association, online play, gameplay etc. are all accepted and welcomed. I never make guarantees to get all questions answered, but if you look at one of my past NBA 2K Q&As, I do tend to get a lot of them answered.

I will also be talking to the developers, so questions you want answered from their perspective are doable as well.

(Also, I may check in on this thread at various points before next week to ask users to expand or better explain some of their questions. This will only be done if I don't quite understand what they mean/want.)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ifriedrice @ 09/21/10 08:35 PM
Will the cheerleaders sit courtside during gameplay, or will they run into the tunnel like the demo and all videos have been showing? 2K10 had them sitting courtside, and that's authentic.

# 42 lv2bll @ 09/21/10 08:39 PM
How bout can i go?
(i live like 30 minutes from 2k)
No serious, i wanna go!

# 43 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 08:42 PM
Were they able to fix the invite a friend feature .. for example - if you wanted to run a playoff series with a friend .. you'd pick all teams and invite your buddy to play as the other team during the game. In many cases last year though, the game would freeze after a few games. Easily. Especially the playoff invites. We tried running a season that way, and it seems to have worked. But the playoffs definitely had a freezing/buggy issue.

Very fun and valuable feature for like minded competitive "sim gamers" if they clarify there wont be any issues there.

# 44 LingeringRegime @ 09/21/10 08:42 PM
Will Gerald Wallace have all his correct armbands? j/k

Will their be a ref slider? To determine consistency of calls?

# 45 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 08:46 PM
1) Walking up court animations?

2) Player freedom to shoot /dunk after the whistle .. or after the quarter.
Small little touch but it adds a good feeling to the game - since real players
tend to take that one jump shot or dunk after the whistle.

I know they wont have this .. but a few contextual after whistle
animations .. Tuff little touch right? Mention it and they might consider i
it for next year.

# 46 Stickz24 @ 09/21/10 08:48 PM
Standard NBA intro's .. like in the original 2k?
Nicer touch would be to slide that in just for the allstar games and playoffs.
Regular intros for all other games.

# 47 headlion23 @ 09/21/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA QontrolZ
my priority !! :O

can we save playbooks in online leagues??

also :

. have the black silhouettes been replaced by something else ? ... anything .. please
. how will u give me back my 2011 year ?

prolly more comin' god bless edit function
is my man penny hardaway in the game and will they start to include your my player in to the comintary or anounced as leadling scorer or something like that cause they never said anything about the player when the started to talk about league leading in scoring etc.. and does 2k feel sorry for nba elite aka nba live lmaof i feel bad for them 2k 4life ...................ballgame

# 48 Marmalada @ 09/21/10 08:55 PM
All I want to know is if the superhuman jumping ability of the bigs has been fixed or was that only in the old build?

# 49 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/21/10 08:56 PM
plenty of question but i feel this one is most important.

Online MyPlayer was horribly unbalanced. 7'5" centers dominated the online landscape due to no ratings caps.

How severely have ratings been capped for these types of centers? and What has been done to balance online MyPlayer Pick-up and Crew games?
Can very tall centers attain high speed/quickness ratings above 70?

In edit mode, will dunk/lay-up packages govern all varieties of isomotion moves or will each control input have it's own dunk/lay-up package?
Whats the total number of Dunk/Lay-up packages? How many of them are Generic(Athletic Guard, Rimgrazer ect.)?

Thanks for taking our questions again this year.

# 50 Keython-2 @ 09/21/10 08:58 PM
Will we have mostly all the jeresy this year? Last year 2k10 had a good variety of jeresy and then Live 10 had some that 2k10 didnt. For example- Cavs Blue jeresy with the orange numbers. 2k10 didnt have that jeresy. Ps. Just a thought- Can I see a pic of the Jordan 13 in game pic?

# 51 BroMontana82 @ 09/21/10 09:00 PM
Have the following been fixed from last year's game (patch really messed things up).

1. Big men are shooting 3s both in game and really messing up sim. stats.
2. The above is fixed by turning off Player Roles but this only made Team Chemistry ridiculously high for all teams unless you turn it off.
3. Turning off roles and chemistry and keeping CPU trades on created an insane number of trades each month with players being traded numerous times, sometimes from one team to another multiple times. Basically you were forced to play Association mode with all 3 off.
4. Free Agent glitch where you couldn't sign FAs when using custom rosters.
5. FA vs. D League - CPU teams will sign D Leaguers over players in the FA pool.
6. Are key tendencies like attack / pass out accurate and balanced?
7. Pre-Draft workouts glitch. You have to set these to CPU controlled or else you will probably lose the pre-game team & player intros. in the rest of your following seasons.

8. What's up with rebounding and the lack of boxing out??
9. Is Intense D tuned on the retail version? In the demo you can't really front your man and body up.

# 52 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/21/10 09:13 PM
This may be too team-specific, but have any changes been made to the Bucks? That is, does Bogut have long hair? Has the Bradley Center been improved? Is the mascot in the game? Is the court finally correct?

# 53 randbfun @ 09/21/10 09:24 PM
For Association, if you put a Legend in like Micheal Jordan, will they retire the next season?

# 54 ehh @ 09/21/10 09:25 PM
Can you please check to see if you can use classic teams' uniforms for current teams?

EG: Can I use the '95 Knicks uniforms as an alternate for the current Knicks' team?

# 55 scatman @ 09/21/10 09:45 PM
Can we use real world roster updates in our association? I think this is feature that should be in all sports games.

# 56 jersey07103 @ 09/21/10 09:59 PM
Can we hire assistant coaches as head coaches in the association mode?

# 57 Tpitt85 @ 09/21/10 10:00 PM
are real shoes in the game? will nba 2k11 have a real broadcast team this year? are there throwback jerseys in the game this year? are the all star weekend competitions in a arena this year?

# 58 bballdude17 @ 09/21/10 10:00 PM
more quick/fluid passing? as in no stops

transition from a sizeup to jumper? will it be fixed so its fluid

# 59 Sports fanantic @ 09/21/10 10:00 PM
is there contracts (6 yrs, whatever $ in the sort of nature) in my players mode?

# 60 bballdude17 @ 09/21/10 10:02 PM
will free agency period be more realistic? the problem last year was that no great players would opt out
so will players be more likely to test the free agency period? even if you have a 0% chance at getting them, its nice to know you had a shot

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.