Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

All right, so I'm just going to post this now to get it out of the way. Next week (Thursday to be exact) I will be going to see NBA 2K11 a final time before the game is released in October. Basically, if anyone remembers past Q&As, I will try to get as many questions as possible answered for all you psychos out there.

I only ask that you don't ask ratings questions, and please no specific accessory questions or stuff along those lines. You can ask about accessories, but don't ask me if Gerald Wallace has all 11 of his armbands/headbands on his body. Stuff relating to Association, online play, gameplay etc. are all accepted and welcomed. I never make guarantees to get all questions answered, but if you look at one of my past NBA 2K Q&As, I do tend to get a lot of them answered.

I will also be talking to the developers, so questions you want answered from their perspective are doable as well.

(Also, I may check in on this thread at various points before next week to ask users to expand or better explain some of their questions. This will only be done if I don't quite understand what they mean/want.)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Fngb3 @ 09/22/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryumeijin
can we sim some of the my player games? i mean i want to play multiple seasons of my player but i dont think i would have the time...
That's a good question. It's probably unlikely unless they shut down experience gains for a sim'd game. Otherwise, people could sim there way to 99 overall... But I'm with you I would like to play out an entire career with my guy. Maybe a tweaked version of that question could be:

Can you play shortened seasons (i.e. 54 or 32 game-seasons. Whatever the same options are/were in Association Mode) in My Player?

There's no shortcut there, still gotta play every game and earn every stat...

# 122 kolanji @ 09/22/10 02:23 PM
1. do the announcers still annouce it everytime u switch deffense?
2. is there any chance that the 20 second timeout rule is there?(only one player can be substituted unless in the final 2 minutes of the 4qrt or overtime)
3. not in the demo but do they review buzzer beating shots?
4.i know that coaches can get into it with refs?technical fouls maybe?

# 123 taylorgaang @ 09/22/10 02:57 PM
sorry but stealin a page from ea and madden..
will you ever be able to play the careers of other rookies in a my player mode?
i think its a pretty cool thing and if 2k gets that would be the icing on the cake!!

# 124 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/22/10 03:55 PM
I'm not sure if they can do this or not, but could they simulate a season and list all the trades made and some of the league leaders and stuff like that?

# 125 TMagic @ 09/22/10 04:25 PM
Are all of the NBA's current 27 teams be in this years game?

It hasn't been mentioned and that is a HUGE omission because some fans of certain teams will be disappointed if their team didnt make it into this years product when the game is gonna be so good.

Wouldnt want any fan of a particular team to feel left out or forgotten.

# 126 ffaacc03 @ 09/22/10 04:25 PM
Just red the association insight and had to erase many questions posted on my 2nd page post ... WOW ... simply: amazing ! ... WOW ...

# 127 greekmen @ 09/22/10 05:31 PM
1st question:

When you take a classic team into the association. What happens with the players who will be replaced.

For example if I take the 95 Knicks and replace the current Knicks. What is happening with the current Knicks players?

2nd question:

Can I trade any available player into a classic team and use this roster in the association?

For example can I take the '91 MJ and Shawn Kemp into the 95 classic Knicks team?

# 128 bballdude17 @ 09/22/10 06:25 PM
alrite i got 2 questions

will blacktop characters be playable in assocation. Like a feature where you could add them to free agents.

also when in assocation and using a historic bulls team. If i get the young jordan on my team, 5 years later in my association, will the young jordan still look the same?
(im asking this because jordan's physical apperance changes throughout the time in the jordan/myplayer thing.

also if i edit the age of the older version of Jordan to make it so he will last longer in my assocation will his physical apperance change as a result

greatly appreciated if these answers could be answered

# 129 bballdude17 @ 09/22/10 06:28 PM
what other great past players will be in the game?
reggie miller?
updated magic johnson?

# 130 bballdude17 @ 09/22/10 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmen
1st question:

When you take a classic team into the association. What happens with the players who will be replaced.

For example if I take the 95 Knicks and replace the current Knicks. What is happening with the current Knicks players?

2nd question:

Can I trade any available player into a classic team and use this roster in the association?

For example can I take the '91 MJ and Shawn Kemp into the 95 classic Knicks team?
At least last year, the eam that was replaced was not in assocation, and the players weren;t in it ither, not free aents or anything.

and yes you can trade players from historical teams, you would just have to trade one of the very bad players in your case from the knicks team for MJ and Kemp.

****this may have changed but you could do this stuff in nba 2k10

# 131 suirad @ 09/22/10 06:48 PM
my question is during the nba draft does the crowd cheer or boo for popular or non popular picks?

# 132 Titans4lyfe @ 09/22/10 07:02 PM
Is the create a team inproved for association? Like in 2k10, when I put a create a team in association, the annoucers would talk like I had a mega talented team. Basically I'm asking will create a teams be treated like a regular NBA team.

Also can you trade players on classic teams? Like if I wanted to switch the players on the OKC Thunder with the 95-96 Sonics could I do it.

# 133 bballdude17 @ 09/22/10 07:11 PM
Titans4lyfe
"Also can you trade players on classic teams? Like if I wanted to switch the players on the OKC Thunder with the 95-96 Sonics could I do it."

yes i know you can do that from nba 2k10 so i could see no reason why you wouldn't be able to in 2k11

# 134 vannwolfhawk @ 09/22/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdude17
Titans4lyfe
"Also can you trade players on classic teams? Like if I wanted to switch the players on the OKC Thunder with the 95-96 Sonics could I do it."

yes i know you can do that from nba 2k10 so i could see no reason why you wouldn't be able to in 2k11
:y 220::y22 0: :y 220::y22 0:

# 135 SDJHood93 @ 09/22/10 07:46 PM
Has 2K Sports implemented these new 'NBA Revolution 30' jerseys into NBA 2K11? Hope that isn't along the lines of an accessories question.

# 136 TajDeni @ 09/22/10 08:07 PM
1. Does the information from the Association insights basically mean that I wont have to control all 30 teams this yr? After all the A.I. logic reprogramming is there any significant reason to controll all 30 teams?

2. With the importance given to the core players in the A.I. logic, could a high profile player ever walk away from a team ala LBJ? Or will i have to control all 30 teams in order to get a true bidding war over where said player(s) would like to take their talents?

# 137 BZOE @ 09/22/10 08:14 PM
Has the online disconnections been fixed. In years past, its been almost impossible to keep all players in a teamplay game and really took a lot of the fun out of the online experience.

# 138 smatutini @ 09/22/10 08:34 PM
will there be other classic teams in the game other then those already stated in the jordan challenge mode?

# 139 bballdude17 @ 09/22/10 09:35 PM
will there be any cases like there is now with carmelo where he wants to be traded. And you can't recieve super star talent in return. and can players hold out of games and stuff if they demaned to be traded?

# 140 Nets @ 09/22/10 10:40 PM
how different is the full halftime show from the one we saw in the sixer-knick video?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.