Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, discussing the Association.

Quote:
"Over the past few years, we have implemented some very successful features in NBA.com, Player Roles, Player Ambitions, Player Morale, Player Personalities, and so on. I feel like these additions have defined the 2K Association experience. Moving forward, I would like The Association to be defined by something completely different, and that’s the smartest AI of any franchise mode across all sports titles.

To achieve this goal, the main focus for us this year has been to completely re-write the underlying logic that drives the mode, along with adding new systems that will help the AI to make the smartest decisions possible at all times. Every time the CPU makes a move, they are making it for a very precise reason. It may not be completely evident to you at first as they often think two, three, even four steps ahead, but they are always thinking, always assessing. They have brains this year folks; here is how we did it…"

Read the entire blog right here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Gosens6 @ 09/27/10 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiks
Based on the fact that CPU builds rotations according to the overall rating, 56 OVR with a potential of 75 is pretty much an injury reserve on any team for years, no matter how well he fits the system. Besides, since when do teams give an [low-rated] undrafted rookie who has two much better players ahead of him at the same position a multi-year deal close to the full mid-level exception or more?

I'd accept that only if the team had no centers at all and that undrafted rookie would be the only big man in the whole free agent pool. Even then such a signing would be questionable.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I've absolutely loved everything what I've seen so far and NBA 2K11 is probably going to be the best basketball video game ever, but that doesn't mean it has to be flawless.
No doubt, you're absolutely right. Every game has it's flaws and i'm positive NBA 2K11 won't be absolutely perfect.

I'm just saying let's wait until we get the game to see how it plays out and why the CPU is doing things like this. You may be absolutely right that it's wrong and makes no sense, on the other hand they could be doing it for a reason. We just have to wait and see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.