Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, discussing the Association.

Quote:
"Over the past few years, we have implemented some very successful features in NBA.com, Player Roles, Player Ambitions, Player Morale, Player Personalities, and so on. I feel like these additions have defined the 2K Association experience. Moving forward, I would like The Association to be defined by something completely different, and that’s the smartest AI of any franchise mode across all sports titles.

To achieve this goal, the main focus for us this year has been to completely re-write the underlying logic that drives the mode, along with adding new systems that will help the AI to make the smartest decisions possible at all times. Every time the CPU makes a move, they are making it for a very precise reason. It may not be completely evident to you at first as they often think two, three, even four steps ahead, but they are always thinking, always assessing. They have brains this year folks; here is how we did it…"

Read the entire blog right here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TMagic @ 09/22/10 03:42 PM
Everything sounds fantastic this year.

I haven't heard anything mentioned about the number of current NBA teams. So I'm getting kind of worried.

I just hope that all 27 teams are included in the game. Because if they are not, that would be a definite game killer for me. Jordan or not.

Anybody know?

# 102 ehh @ 09/22/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Do you plan on trying to fill every slot w/ a Classic team? I've thought about it, and just subbing in one seems like it would be a one season type thing. With every slot filled, it would seem like it would be more fun going through a series of seasons.

On second thought, do we even know the exact number of classic teams in 2k11?
There aren't enough classic teams to do so but that's fine by me. The Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Sonics, Knicks, Pistons, etc. Those are more than enough to keep me happy. But I'll definitely do more than a one-year thing for me.

Someone could do a crazy editing project though and whip up classic teams for the rest of the league. That may be a one-year only type of mode for some people. Either way it will be a blast IMO.

# 103 richmo @ 09/22/10 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
This insight has been the insight I've been most waiting for and it didn't disappoint. I passed out about half through and passed out again before the end. Absolutely amazing.

Eeeeexactly. Just when you think it's over - BAM, take some more!

I'm just speechless really. If everything executes how we all want it to, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this fall. Outside of playing 2k11, that is.

# 104 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/22/10 03:45 PM
Ugh my first year without an XBox and they release this amazing game? I think I'm about to have my 360 shipped to me just so I can get this lol

# 105 leo2k2ndc @ 09/22/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic

I haven't heard anything mentioned about the number of current NBA teams. So I'm getting kind of worried.

I just hope that all 27 teams are included in the game. Because if they are not, that would be a definite game killer for me. Jordan or not.

Anybody know?

There are definitely more than 27 NBA Teams....

# 106 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/22/10 03:47 PM
Quote:

Anybody know?
What do you mean?

# 107 hokupguy @ 09/22/10 03:47 PM
nice read, this is going to be fun. To bad no video to go with this insight... cant wait

# 108 BEARYChi @ 09/22/10 03:47 PM
OMG....just Release the game out already.OCT 5th is like X-Mas(i cant wait).i want the game to come out today.Sorry,im just that Thirsty for NBA 2K11.

# 109 myownsun @ 09/22/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Just an advertisement of sorts. It was there last season. In a way you have league pass in your association with the ability to play/watch every game.
Oh ok thanks ggs

# 110 ggsimmonds @ 09/22/10 03:47 PM
Quote:

Anybody know?
uh...am I just not getting this joke? Of course every team will be in the game. Why wouldn't they be?

# 111 supermati @ 09/22/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
uh...am I just not getting this joke? Of course every team will be in the game. Why wouldn't they be?
When Jordan played, the Raptors, Grizzlies and Bobcats did not exist. It's an anachronic joke.

# 112 idesign2 @ 09/22/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
There aren't enough classic teams to do so but that's fine by me. The Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Sonics, Knicks, Pistons, etc. Those are more than enough to keep me happy. But I'll definitely do more than a one-year thing for me.

Someone could do a crazy editing project though and whip up classic teams for the rest of the league. That may be a one-year only type of mode for some people. Either way it will be a blast IMO.
I was very surprised (and happy) to learn we can use more than one classic team in Association mode. Not sure how I'll do it. Was originally planning on using the 1991 Lakers, but do I also want to add in other classic teams? It's a good dilemma to have!

Next logical question will be whether we can fully edit the generic players on those classic teams.

# 113 Self313 @ 09/22/10 03:53 PM
Yep I can sleep now... Oct 5th needs to hurry up @ this point because this just sealed the deal (tho it was already sealed)

# 114 ehh @ 09/22/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
Next logical question will be whether we can fully edit the generic players on those classic teams.
Pretty sure Erick confirmed that we could a while back. Very good news.

# 115 LeBronistheKing @ 09/22/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
I was very surprised (and happy) to learn we can use more than one classic team in Association mode. Not sure how I'll do it. Was originally planning on using the 1991 Lakers, but do I also want to add in other classic teams? It's a good dilemma to have!

I remember hearing somewhere that you could edit the generic players so you could make them as accurate as possible as a work around for not being able to get the rights for everyone's likenesses.

# 116 KSurge @ 09/22/10 03:57 PM
All these improvements sound great! I am wondering if it is easier to trade for a core player if he has one year left on his contract.

# 117 jsg @ 09/22/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzs K2
Firstly this quote caught my eye ''When teams are signing players in both in-season and offseason''...im guessing we can finally extend a players contract during the season? if so im happy enough
The team and roster building is a thing of genius to be honest the fact that spomething so simple could have such an impact on the game (in my opinion) is niiiiicccceee
The trading values, player logic and signing logic sound really really sweet man the fact that they have found a way to add more depth and realism to this part of the association is impressive to put it modestly, really can't wait to see what kind of trades ill be presented with during my run with the Hornets
Like the way that they seriously strengthened what was for me the weakest part of the offeseason (the draft) it sounds and looks great, and the added realism of drafty day trades is a nice quirk ;P
My favourite part of the whole insight though is the player finder (ala the Fifa series) and the trade finder (ala madden) jusssst wooow this will be an absolute godsend man can't wait to get stuck into it ;P
Lastly, loving the ''Intra-squad scrimmages'......
All in all i don't know if Jordan will see much action on my console, This years association has taken it to another level :;P
you could do that in 2k10

with this insight, my media blackout for 2k11 begins right now. i dont want to know any more until i have the game in my hands. cant wait until the midnight release october 5.

# 118 erickonasis @ 09/22/10 03:58 PM
THANK YOU 2K FINALLY YOU CAN TURN AUTOSAVE OFF!!!!!

# 119 jeebs9 @ 09/22/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg
you could do that in 2k10

with this insight, my media blackout for 2k11 begins right now. i dont want to know any more until i have the game in my hands. cant wait until the midnight release october 5.
I'm on the same boat with you lol....

# 120 TMagic @ 09/22/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
So is that a yes?

Did Mike or another producer confirm this?

If so, I'm sold! Can't run this amazing franchise without all 27 teams.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.