Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

UPDATE: The patch is now available for 360 users.

Please post your impressions here.

NFL Football is in full swing, and so is the latest title update for Madden NFL 11. Many of the features and fixes associated with this patch came directly from you, our loyal Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements. Read on to find out more about what to expect when the download completes.

Content Updates:
  • Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
  • Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
  • Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
  • Fixed QB spy 'nano-blitz' exploit.
  • Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
  • Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using "My Skill" setting.
  • Fixed bug that didn't allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
  • Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
  • Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the "Play Again" option after completing the game.
  • Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
We hope the updates you see above released with title update 3 will give you everything you need to keep Madden NFL 11 in your disc tray for weeks and months to come. See you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 mrsaito @ 09/28/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR
Thank god, that slow kick meter is gone. Or atleast it was in Ultimate Team.
Can anybody confirm that the slow kick meter is fixed offline with a tuner pack yet?

# 222 z4ckdabeast @ 09/28/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR
Thank god, that slow kick meter is gone.
Indeed; it seems to have been replaced with the extremely slow kick meter.

# 223 dp68 @ 09/28/10 08:15 PM
Sad to say this, but after almost a week of testing out the latest patch I see very little tangible difference in the pass defense vs. big plays.

Where it really gets noticeable is in the final 2 minutes of each half. The teams start airing it out with long pass after long pass in an attempt to get a quick score, and receivers are commonly wide open for bomb TD's. It was not uncommon to see 3 TD's scored inside of the 2 minute drill - Team A throws a long TD pass, kicks off to Team B who quickly burns the defense for a long pass TD, who then kicks back to Team A who quickly scores again.

I know wild things happen in real football in the 2 minute drill, but this is ridiculous. Very frustrated that we are on the 2011 version of this game and the secondary is next to useless.

# 224 gbx34 @ 09/28/10 11:23 PM
Hopefully they just up the defense speed up and it would make d nearly perfect

# 225 Pared @ 09/30/10 02:25 PM
This is the Madden patch impressions thread.

Stop the discussion on anything else, please.

# 226 Rawdeal28 @ 09/30/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewter&Gold
I dont see how some of you are claiming to be so dejected with this game. The graphics and lighting are gorgeous. I just picked up the game yesterday and downloaded patch 3 so I dont know how it played before this but I must say that the gameplay was very good. In my first game I played as the Ravens against the Steelers and won 14 to 10. Stats were on the money. Big plays were limited. Is it perfect...no, but neither is life. Some of you guys that "live" in here take out all of the enjoyment of it being a video game by acting so miserable and crying over nothing. And by the way, EA doesn't have to offer patches or tuner updates. Not to long ago, if you bought a game you dealt with it good or bad until the next year. There were no forums to congregate in and share ideas with the developers for updates. This is a privlege and one hell of a customer focused initiative if you ask me. Show some freaking class and say thank you.

Better yet.....go outside and throw a football around if you want "realism".

as for me, im loving this game post patch. i was loving it pre-patch as well. got my sliders all set and just finished my pre-season. now the regular season begins and i have no Darren McFadden for the first 6 weeks due to a partial MCL tear either way.........

TIME FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

# 227 raguel @ 09/30/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
I've only played one game, but afaict locomotion + bad pathing is still killing the pass defense.
I've played more games since I've posted that and I still see the same problems that I did pre-patch.

# 228 cgm110 @ 10/01/10 12:27 AM
I play on all-pro with 8 minute quarters(no accl clock) and really am enjoying the game. I feel like I am getting just about the right amount of plays. However, each team seems to be getting between 15-18 possesions which is about 5-7 too many. I know my last game had 7 turnovers which skewed that number but thats the one thing I wish I had a tweak for, amount of possesions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I think part of the problem is the CPU and I both run back to the line in the first 3 quarters and dont milk much of the playclock.

# 229 Isura @ 10/01/10 12:45 AM
gameplanning is broken, WTF!

# 230 rwilliams1 @ 10/20/10 07:49 PM
can you guys please RETURN the option to change the controllers and what button a person wishes to hit. all players hands are not the same size!!

# 231 mets718 @ 10/26/10 09:05 AM
What was the new uniforms for the Colts and Patriots? Can somebody show me a pic of it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.