Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 patch is available now for PS3 users.

Will update this post when the 360 patch is available.

UPDATE: The patch is now available for 360 users.

Please post your impressions here.

NFL Football is in full swing, and so is the latest title update for Madden NFL 11. Many of the features and fixes associated with this patch came directly from you, our loyal Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements. Read on to find out more about what to expect when the download completes.

Content Updates:
  • Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
  • Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
  • Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
  • Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
  • Fixed QB spy 'nano-blitz' exploit.
  • Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
  • Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using "My Skill" setting.
  • Fixed bug that didn't allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
  • Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
  • Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the "Play Again" option after completing the game.
  • Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
We hope the updates you see above released with title update 3 will give you everything you need to keep Madden NFL 11 in your disc tray for weeks and months to come. See you on the gridiron!

Source - Madden NFL 11 Blog

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 datruth @ 09/24/10 02:27 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJFresh80

does anyone know if the patch "fixed" the fix for the strat pad... as is you still have to take your finger off the left stick and move it to the d pad in order to line move etc. and that was what the whole issue was about for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That was fixed already. I don't have to do that. I can't remember exactly what the settings have to be and I'm not at home to check, but you can set it up so you don't have to hit the D-Pad to activate the calls.

This is not fixed....you can only use the d-pad on defense to shift line/lb and set defensive assignments.

They need to fix this so you can use the analog stick or the d-pad like on offense.

Also the bull rush power move with DT and DE still does not work when using the right analog stick, making players like Mario Williams nonexistent.

# 142 illmatic174 @ 09/24/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Who is Greg Sensabaugh? Related to Gerald?

Evil twin?
Greg Sensabaugh is actually greek for Mike Hamlin

i forgot i was on a english speekin forum

# 143 ronyell @ 09/24/10 04:37 PM
so this patch will not apply to a current franchise?

# 144 BlueNGold @ 09/24/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
so this patch will not apply to a current franchise?
Yes, it will....

# 145 gbx34 @ 09/24/10 04:49 PM
wtf defense now awful

# 146 ronyell @ 09/24/10 05:06 PM
is it just me or does it seem like the cpu is running the ball & mixing it up a little bit more?

# 147 JayD @ 09/24/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Downloaded 360 version this a.m.

This patch impresses me as being largely minor gameplay tweaks, little more. The disappointment is in what wasn't addressed.
  • No dirty unis addressed.
  • What happened to the variety of intros Ian said were there but needed to be debugged to be unlocked? Getting the same tired QB intro still.
I'm wondering the same thing. Also would like to throw in that they didn't address the lack of penalties. I'm guessing since this is patch 3 that there will be no more for 11

# 148 Rostee F @ 09/24/10 06:06 PM
Played my first game with the new Patch and the latest Roster. I doesn´t changed my sliders and it was , let me say, difficult to stop the CPU run. 245 yards against my 45 in total. The Passing yards of both, me (256) and the CPU (222) were realistic. Must play more, but overall it feels better! BTW. i definitely see a improvement in the CPU and Human Pass Defense.

# 149 CreatineKasey @ 09/24/10 06:11 PM
Played 2 games online:

KR strafe-runs to the outside still work well. Need to contain that via user control.

Defense seems better in pursuit and coverage overall. They contain better it seems. It's definitely harder to run when you commit to stopping it on D.

# 150 Matt54987 @ 09/24/10 07:52 PM
Seems to me like the defense is same, or worse, on all madden. Playing online my guys are still in position yet they make no reaction or play on the ball.

# 151 at23steelers @ 09/24/10 08:02 PM
Didn't see anyone mention this, and maybe it's just me, but when I invite a friend into a ranked match, I see a random opponent come up. It's almost like it goes to quick ranked match.

# 152 Nunyerbiz @ 09/24/10 08:27 PM
Played my first game with the patch. Offline franchise, using a slightly modified version of pokerplaya's sliders. I would say most of the things they tweaked do indeed seem tweaked... but nothing really stands out either.

The most noticeable thing for me, blocking on kickoffs/punts is slightly more effective, but nothing that I found game-changing. For me it's probably going to amount to maybe 4-6 yards extra on kick returns.

Pass defense looks slightly improved as well. I had two obvious coverage sacks in the first three drives on defense. Not sure if it was purely due to coverage tweaks or they did something to the CPU QB to make him hold the ball longer. I did notice that medium zones are more effective, with LBs and safeties shading guys... but zone is still very iffy if you get time to stretch the field past the intermediate routes. Man-to-man didn't seem any different. I've never been terribly good at the passing game, always been a running game guy since the first Madden back on the PC in 1989, so it's hard for me to gage differences after only one game. I would think that experienced players who can currently pass at will won't have any problems adjusting, but pass challenged players might throw some picks that will surprise them (which is what happened to me)

I didn't notice anything major with running defense for the CPU. At times I thought that maybe the CPU was a little better with block shedding and pursuit, some big holes didn't lead to gains as large as I would have thought... but overall I had a rushing game that was about in line with what I was getting pre-patch.

After just the one game, I don't think things play any worse... but nothing immediately stands out as a major improvement either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it above, but kickoff power has also been rightfully nerfed a bit. Thru three games I was 100% touchback with Neil Rackers. With a dead wind, he now maxes out at about the goal line on kickoffs or maybe a yard or two deep. His kick power is 94.

# 153 gsr888 @ 09/24/10 10:05 PM
I played online and held my opponent to 23 points. I gave up a kr too. Defense is better now. At least I can
enjoy online

# 154 blklightning @ 09/24/10 10:37 PM
so, is ncaa still the game to get? or did that game get worse with the patches?

(if this is the wrong place, where should i ask this question?)

# 155 youALREADYknow @ 09/24/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
so, is ncaa still the game to get? or did that game get worse with the patches?

(if this is the wrong place, where should i ask this question?)
I still fail to understand why anyone thinks NCAA gameplay is better than Madden. NCAA player movement is still ridiculously robotic and even worse than the PS2 days.

# 156 Sausage @ 09/24/10 11:24 PM
Played 1 game so far:

Settings:
All-Pro
Gameflow
5 minute quarters 15 sec run off
Speed normal
Threshold 100

Jets 6 (Cpu) vs Dolphins 9 (me)

The game obviously was defense. I didn't over analyze replays or anything, but the defenses of both teams were tough. I really like the fact the Jets really ran the ball well and stuck with it.

Sanchez and the Miami QB were extremely inaccurate and not just deflected and interecepted passes. Most were just poorly thrown, most overthrown. Completing a pass was tough, and I really appreciate that (would rather have this than robo qb).

I will give the Jets a rematch and play some of Sundays upcoming match ups. Hopefully will start my franchise soon.

# 157 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/25/10 01:25 AM
I asked Ian on twitter about the QB intro scenes. Still waiting to hear something.

# 158 steelernation28 @ 09/25/10 01:32 AM
One thing I have noticed is that the REF still incorrectly calls for a repeat of 4th down for penalties on punt returns. Thats something that happens every game and its annoying.

# 159 miamikris @ 09/25/10 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I still fail to understand why anyone thinks NCAA gameplay is better than Madden. NCAA player movement is still ridiculously robotic and even worse than the PS2 days.
I would have to agree!Just curious bro do you play coach mode for madden as well and if so do you have sliders?I been using bill's.Im playing this and madden.

# 160 Hjkflannel @ 09/25/10 07:51 AM
I play with playmakers sliders , slightly tweaked to my strengths and weaknesses. The only era difference I have noticed is return kicks is way to easy, almost one free td per game - what still frustrates me most is sacks - the quarter back just gets rid of way to accurately just before y get there

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.