Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Don't forget, we have Damon Bruce scheduled for the next OS Radio Show on Monday, September 27th at 10:15 EST.

Thanks to eDotd! AKA Mo.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 shugknight @ 09/25/10 04:10 PM
Can't wait for this game!

# 22 23 @ 09/25/10 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I know, but I don't think it matters here. It's like saying, the season hasn't started, so how can you even play a NBA Today game?

I believe the CPU can "pretend" to play the other games. Or maybe I'm wrong here?

Its called NBA TODAY for a reason man

It all comes from the actual games for that day IRL

You can do that stuff in association I guess

# 23 305TillIDie @ 09/25/10 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorch
evans vs curry? a bug in the halftime show?
It looks like Curry and Ellis has 11 points each. Maybe a slight bug but overall, very cool halftime show.

# 24 JJT @ 09/25/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Cool video.

Why was the highlights evans and ellis then the matchup was evans vs curry?

?????

# 25 kennyacid @ 09/25/10 04:12 PM
this vid got me hype to see the association halftime shows

# 26 youvalss @ 09/25/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Its called NBA TODAY for a reason man

It all comes from the actual games for that day IRL

You can do that stuff in association I guess
OK, I guess you're right. We'll have to wait and see what it looks like once the season starts.

# 27 venomscurse @ 09/25/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I'm kind of disappointed they didn't show Team Stats. But it's ok, I'll take the individual highlights and teams around the league.

I'm hoping that maybe they have different ones where sometimes they show team highlights, and other times its teams around the league.
they do have team stats? are talking about the stats for the kings and warriors? if so its at the beginning of the show.

# 28 ataman5 @ 09/25/10 04:16 PM
This looks good, smt that will add to the authenticity overall.

Thanks for the video.

# 29 RayDog253 @ 09/25/10 04:21 PM
I like...... Especially the upcoming games. This is a big improvement over the Kenny Smith half time show, lol.

# 30 jr2424 @ 09/25/10 04:21 PM
It's ok. Dunno if we'll ever get to nfl 2k5 level. Maybe that was a once-in-a-lifetime game in terms of halftime show. That will always be the bar to me until someone exceeds it.

# 31 TheBadazz @ 09/25/10 04:23 PM
I like the halftime show. It done nicely. Now ppl want more. The halftime show wasn't meant to be a half hour show. Yeah I know NFL2K5 had a lengthy show, but maybe NBA 2K12. Give them something to build on.

# 32 JCEVO @ 09/25/10 04:26 PM
actually i think 2k doesnt want to bring the halftime show to nfl 2k5 level. that halftime show is like a HOF icon and you cant reproduce it cause it will not be the same. its truly is a once in the lifetime experience

# 33 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/25/10 04:32 PM
That was sick. I like it, I like it a lot!!!

# 34 basehead617 @ 09/25/10 04:34 PM
It's NBA today.. Real games.. You want them to show fake highlights of real games? Seems like a weird request to me.. For association I guess you could make stuff up but not from real games.. That's lame. I'd rather they show streamed video highlights or something, at least then it really happened..

# 35 Goffs @ 09/25/10 04:40 PM
Hmm streaming video highlights for nba today games sounds like a great idea...

# 36 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/25/10 04:41 PM
My only complaint, Dorrell Wright STILL has the ugly design on his head. Oh well, he's not on the Heat anymore so it ain't my problem

# 37 JWiLL02 @ 09/25/10 04:42 PM
Just did a quick comparison of Curry`s set jumper at the same angle, looks very good! Paused on the follow through and it was spot on.

Jumpers start around the :40 second mark.

Oh and, the halftime show is pretty nice too.

# 38 scottyp180 @ 09/25/10 04:54 PM
very sharp looking half time show. one of the better half times shows I have seen out of 2k, or anybody, since possible nfl 2k5

# 39 jr2424 @ 09/25/10 04:55 PM
It's been six years since 2k5 came out on a last gen system. I'm not trying to knock them but I just hope one day we can get that kind of halftime show. I'm cool with what they did with the games around the league. Would like to see more highlights from the game you're playing. That's all.

# 40 Dazraz @ 09/25/10 04:58 PM
Really impressed with the addition of this feature. It would be more involving if the other games were in progress though. As for highlights from around the league? I don't think that is something we will see on the current generation of consoles. The lengthy loading times that would be required to run the highlight sequences would make the feature impractical.

EA need to take a look at this. This is a thousand times more impressive than EA's Extra Point halftime show in Madden 10. Rather than improve the feature in Madden 11 EA just dropped it. 2K get it pretty much spot on first time around & you know next year it will be better still. It says alot about 2K's dedication to creating the best game possible & EA's growing reputation for cutting corners.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.