NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Chairman7w @ 09/26/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
Hmm after watching every 2k footage that's out, it seems like spin and hopstep dunks are unstoppable
Okay, let's do an experiment then. Videotape yourself playing the Demo and do that move on every possession with Kobe. You should be able to get about 10 dunks in right? I'll wait for you to post that.

Then you'll be right.

# 22 domidomdomz @ 09/26/10 12:57 PM
Loving the way this game show balance on both offense and defense. And the locker room intro.

# 23 SDJHood93 @ 09/26/10 01:17 PM
Very nice gameplay and I like how it shows the players before the game in the locker room. Just adds to the experience.

# 24 TheKasmar @ 09/26/10 01:22 PM
Lebron + LT Modifiers= tough to stop on any night(just like in real life) Guess I better get used to it online.

# 25 emelki1968 @ 09/26/10 01:38 PM
Everything looks amazing, but I am having a big concern after I watched Wade's dunk and I played the demo...players are going through other players like they don't exist. It is happenig too often and I think it takes you completely away from reality.

# 26 CMH @ 09/26/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
Hmm after watching every 2k footage that's out, it seems like spin and hopstep dunks are unstoppable
If the guy playing the game knew how to play defense then LeBron wouldn't have pulled that move off so easily.

Serious question for people: Is this how people really play basketball games? This guy must have had turbo on the entire time.

# 27 CMH @ 09/26/10 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostNPivot
Yes....Unfortunately.
Before I take anyone's complaints or comments seriously, I'm going to start asking users to submit gameplay video of themselves vs. the CPU or another human being.

This stuff is just ugly to watch.

Anyway, I do like that it is not going to be easy to simply pass the ball around or body your way into the paint for easy points. I like the struggle Duncan had underneath. I like that Duncan was pulled away to the three point line. I also like that Duncan couldn't handle the bad low pass (I'm assuming this was random and not user-error, which is a cool thing).

Someone mentioned the user forcing LeBron to take a jumpshot. I don't think it was that at all. I think LeBron was just trying to figure out the spastic defender and (good thing) he found an open shot and hit it.

# 28 kennyacid @ 09/26/10 02:34 PM
i like the way the heat played, spurs not so much. I cant wait to play against the heat in my association...should be very exciting.

# 29 Rocboyz101 @ 09/26/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Okay, let's do an experiment then. Videotape yourself playing the Demo and do that move on every possession with Kobe. You should be able to get about 10 dunks in right? I'll wait for you to post that.

Then you'll be right.
Any time your able to trigger the move, its rather hard to stop in the demo. And it can be triggered quite a bit. I'm not sure if its online exploit potential just yet though. Its probably my only real complaint.

# 30 Blessin @ 09/26/10 03:02 PM
I like that NBA 2K11 has diff. pregame intros (looker room, bus intro. etc.) The presentation is much improved. Playing calling still needs alot of work. It needs to flow better. Gameplay itself really seem to be improved from the past NBA 2K's. Spacing is good but not great. I don't think i like the spin dunk so much. I don't got no problem with being able to attempt it at any time i just have a problem at how easy it is to be completed hopefully 2K Sports tones the success of it down just like what they did with the hop step spin last year. I also hope that simulation gamestyle is going to be good so it cud keep things more realistic, like the stats. Hopefully hall of fame means computer plays at their best but fair. Overall It's looking good tho i am looking looking forward to it.

# 31 NumberOneRB @ 09/26/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
I'm seeing the missing Spurs logo by the 3 point line again...court color looks better though
I thought I saw in the Czar video for the Spurs that they did get the logo on the court? Look at the Czar video again, and in some parts you can see the court has the proper logo. Maybe these videos are from an older build?

# 32 CMH @ 09/26/10 03:47 PM
I like the playcalling diagrams but am I the only one that finds the first circle very stupid?

Why does the ball carrier have to go to a specific spot to start the play? It looks very awkward and feels awkward when playing.

You're the point guard and then suddenly you move to the opposite side of the court just to start a play. It's not a very natural thing at all.

I propose, and will continue to do so for NBA 2K12 that 2K get rid of that circle and just start up the play when you call for it.

There is no real benefit to making the ball carrier start from a specific spot.

# 33 Jano @ 09/26/10 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
I like the playcalling diagrams but am I the only one that finds the first circle very stupid?

Why does the ball carrier have to go to a specific spot to start the play? It looks very awkward and feels awkward when playing.

You're the point guard and then suddenly you move to the opposite side of the court just to start a play. It's not a very natural thing at all.

I propose, and will continue to do so for NBA 2K12 that 2K get rid of that circle and just start up the play when you call for it.

There is no real benefit to making the ball carrier start from a specific spot.
I thought the automatic play flipping was supposed to fix this?

# 34 bigball12 @ 09/26/10 03:58 PM
Very nice 2 mins. The first wade dunk was a little too flashy for the scenario, but nice nonetheless.

# 35 CMH @ 09/26/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I thought the automatic play flipping was supposed to fix this?
Even so, its still awkward.

While movement is diagrammed, I'm positive that no coach tells the ball carrier to start the play from a specific spot on the court. Maybe, the play is designed to start from the wing or the top of the circle, but not a small circled area of the court.

Forcing players to stand on that circle is awkward. If guys have the AI calling the plays, then they want the play to happen so it doesn't make sense to give the user a spot to start to trigger the play start. It should just start as soon as possible or be triggered by a much, much larger portion of the court.

I know, for example, that the Lakers Triangle starts further away from the three point line. Fine. But, neither Odom, nor Kobe nor Fisher stand in a circle to start the play. They stand in an specific area of the court.

It sounds very minor and it is. I just like to think that when I'm playing, I should be able to record the game and everything should move naturally. When I have to move my guard to a small circled spot, it just feels like I'm being directed and it eliminates the real fluid TV Broadcast feel.

# 36 fatleg3 @ 09/26/10 04:33 PM
I see they have lebron down to a t because he definitely traveled on that spin step dunk at 2:20 and he does the same thing he did with clev get the ball, have his teammates run around making it look like they were running a play but the whole while everyone knew he was going to drive the lane or shoot even though the user gave him a wide open shot by standing theresmh. Keep that up lebron and you will never win a ring lol

# 37 kennyacid @ 09/26/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
Even so, its still awkward.

While movement is diagrammed, I'm positive that no coach tells the ball carrier to start the play from a specific spot on the court. Maybe, the play is designed to start from the wing or the top of the circle, but not a small circled area of the court.

Forcing players to stand on that circle is awkward. If guys have the AI calling the plays, then they want the play to happen so it doesn't make sense to give the user a spot to start to trigger the play start. It should just start as soon as possible or be triggered by a much, much larger portion of the court.

I know, for example, that the Lakers Triangle starts further away from the three point line. Fine. But, neither Odom, nor Kobe nor Fisher stand in a circle to start the play. They stand in an specific area of the court.

It sounds very minor and it is. I just like to think that when I'm playing, I should be able to record the game and everything should move naturally. When I have to move my guard to a small circled spot, it just feels like I'm being directed and it eliminates the real fluid TV Broadcast feel.
hopefully they can work on that for next year

# 38 bmgoff11 @ 09/26/10 05:16 PM
that dwade dunk was nice and the lebron spin dunk was sweet also

# 39 Dachozen1 @ 09/27/10 04:08 AM
Oh my...the Heat are going to be trouble to face...geez, the Heat are no joke at all.

# 40 Dachozen1 @ 09/27/10 04:09 AM
that dunk by D.Wade was a great way to intimidate the user that this is gonna be a long game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.