Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 da ThRONe @ 09/27/10 06:45 PM
When did they stop working on Elite 11 and when have they started working again? I imagine they have been working through on a patch.

The big question is what are they going to improve? Hopefully they do like NCAA and put out a list of things the community can vote on. Look how well it worked for them NCAA 11 may be the best NCAA ever.

# 42 nccomicfan @ 09/27/10 06:45 PM
How much is EA losing here?..I'm sure Elite went to press to be shipped later this week...that's a lot of copies to melt

I can't remember this ever happening to any sports game so close to release..curious to know how long REAnimator has known?Before or after demo?

I applaud them for doing this and for not holding Jam hostage in the process

# 43 joel0078 @ 09/27/10 06:46 PM
This is a good idea. But I don't know how much "better" then can make the game at this point. So far it's a disaster. And for all the guys who were saying it wasn't, I think this pretty much proves it was not a game that was ready to satisfy the customer or compete with 2k. I'm not sure this will be enough to prevent the series from being canceled. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut their loses and scrap the series altogether.

They should have stayed the track they were on last year, instead of trying to reinvent their franchise. It didn't need a reinvention! It needed a few solid improvements on top of what Live 10 was. Good luck Live/Elite. I had thrown in the towel on Elite, but if you can turn things around, I'd personally give it another shot.

# 44 squadron supreme @ 09/27/10 06:46 PM
I hope Durant already cashed his endorsement checks.

# 45 coolcras7 @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
Does Kevin Durant also get a do over next year is the important question

# 46 Behindshadows @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
Great news!!! Better Late than incomplete.....I know they better really push the visuals beyond NBA Live 10 and tweak those controls....Because the attempt was decent, just fell short, real short!!!

Win us back, EA because at the moment I'm not a happy camper! But this announcement, kind of made me smile and rejoice!!! rEAnimator and company listened to our cries.

2 thumbs up for updating Live 10 too, I hope the player models in the DNA updates actually look like themselves instead of generic models.

# 47 sammy g @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
This was a great move. I just hope Elite can come back with a much improved game because of this.

# 48 blackflash83 @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
NBA Jam will hit PS3 and 360 in November.
There actually hasn't been a date set to NBA JAM yet. The Wii version will still come out next week but the PS3 and 360 versions have only been announced as standalone titles with no specific date.

When more info comes out about this I will let all of you know.

# 49 HoosierDaddy @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
it doesn't matter what it looks like, or when the game ships, they got it right by doing this. This is the RIGHT call. Expect more information to be released in the next week or so.

# 50 cree ross @ 09/27/10 06:47 PM
great move EA! now if could take the same approach with madden ......

# 51 KChow21 @ 09/27/10 06:49 PM
Quite smart and something more sports games should do instead of re-releasing a game with a few new added features and rookie class.. just update the rosters and keep working on the game until you are sure you have something special. Now that NBA Jam is a standalone product does that mean it will have all the features as the Wii version or its a PSN/XBLA release? also maybe they can add Move/Kinect support

# 52 HustlinOwl @ 09/27/10 06:50 PM
now fix NCAA Basketball Mr. Moore

# 53 NASIR2385 @ 09/27/10 06:51 PM
man i cant believe EA really accepted defeat like this. it just goes to show that the big dogs at EA were just trying to woo everybody it thinking "elite" was revolutionary and in reality its just and arcade basketball game aimed at a audience that really doesn't have basketball as its top sport but to get the crowd that dosent have a clue of how bball works and get them. I'm not surprised by this just disappointed. as a sim and real life baller i clearly think in (2010) your focus as a designer should be to put out the best quality and best image of what your trying to capture in a video game at this point. im not bashing EA by no means because ive bought and supported this genre for along time, but those days are over with accepting LOW quality work and thinking its a masterpiece.

# 54 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/27/10 06:53 PM
Great move by EA! Finally a company realizes that their product isn't ready and delays the release. This is a momentous day in video gaming!

# 55 alieen @ 09/27/10 06:53 PM
Yep
EA saw our reflections about their "great new" game, and cancel it.

I don`t believe that elite 11 will be an average game (far far away from good game). They broke it and they know it. Leave elite 11 and focus on elite 12. No chance for this season to beat 2k. No chance.

This is the truth.

Who can from ****ty game make a good game in 3 months ? Don`t joke with us.

# 56 uponablackstar @ 09/27/10 06:53 PM
How soon we can expect the Live 10 roster update is the real question.

# 57 Scriptures22 @ 09/27/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
How is it a great move by EA, when the game is delayed 2011... games delayed doesn't nescassariely make the game better....I don't think people will be thinking about buying a basketball game in januaray in 2011.... idk i think it was a bad move....cause now more customers will be buying 2k11
I think it's a good move because RELEASING an unfinished game is worse for your brand than releasing a bad demo. Hopefully, they heard the community and will release a decent game that they can build on. I think they would lose more people releasing Elite 11 than not releasing it

# 58 thakeaf @ 09/27/10 06:54 PM
I think they should just scrap it altogether. Get the Live 10 engine and start working on their 2012 game. I don't wanna hear **** about opening up the market share..c'mon son.

# 59 Playmakers @ 09/27/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cree ross
great move EA! now if could take the same approach with madden ......
Madden is good....you guys are just expecting it to cater to your every need.

# 60 LingeringRegime @ 09/27/10 06:56 PM
I look forward to Elite 12. I hope that they set a new standard in basketball gaming.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.