Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 blackflash83 @ 09/27/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
What I'm wondering is it going to be the same as the free version or will it now contain the modes from the Wii version?
I'll have more info about this when I receive the info.

# 102 ybtherockstar @ 09/27/10 07:18 PM
EA has completely ruined the Live/ Elite series now imo. They had a good thing going with Live 10 but they redid everything which ruined. I would like to see them come back strong but idk about them now.

# 103 hokupguy @ 09/27/10 07:19 PM
something that all video game compaines should do... People might want it know , but i would rather have it right.

If they want to cont with smart moves , have psn and xbox live remove that demo. And then re-release one of the better quility game.

# 104 burter @ 09/27/10 07:19 PM
I haven't played live since 2003, but I like the fact we have 2 brands fighting it out unlike football and to a point baseball (unless u have ps3 than u can get the show). We see how those games aren't doing so good. Yes I enjoy 2kbball a lot but if there is no one to push them, than they are going to slack. The reason why 2k11 has so much stuff in it is because live 2010 had such good reviews and word of mouth that they knew they had to step up their game. For some reason people think that EA delaying is a great move, but I'm thinking they are close to hitting the cancel button and that's not a great move...... I guess they had no choice since the feed back was super bad, but they didn't even have to make that choice if they built on live 10 instead of making a whole new game........I just hope it doesn't get cancelled because i can't go through another sports series slacking off cause of no comp.

# 105 bigball12 @ 09/27/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
I'll have more info about this when I receive the info.
Why is this not releasing next Tuesday as well? It is obviously ready to go considering it is only 8 days away. NBA Jam should release Tuesday!

# 106 UntilTheNxtRnd @ 09/27/10 07:20 PM
Smart move! Very smart. Admitting you lost the battle doesn't mean you forfeit the war. Ohhhh well....come on October 5th....

# 107 nccomicfan @ 09/27/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Why is this not releasing next Tuesday as well? It is obviously ready to go considering it is only 8 days away. NBA Jam should release Tuesday!
gotta package the thing

# 108 Jukeman @ 09/27/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I have to disagree that this is a good decision. A week before release and they pull the carpet out from everything. That's very odd to me. At what point did they decide this? Is it because of the bad vibe the demo got? Surely the developers didn't step in and say, this shouldn't be on store shelves after the game went gold etc.

The game may be delayed but this speaks volumes about the current state of EA NBA basketball. When in 2011 is the right time to ship this? I just don't know about this and honestly think we may not see an NBA Elite. Very odd. All the money poured into ads, print, shipping etc. and they pull the plug. There must be something wrong with this game beyond what we have seen.
Its curse by the illuminati and it has evil symbolic meanings (Jesus glitch)

Spoiler

Seriously tho, I wonder what happened up top...Did the devs come to them or what?

I dont know if its me but reading post from some of the purple/pink names; I didn't sense enthusiasm.

# 109 da ThRONe @ 09/27/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I have to disagree that this is a good decision. A week before release and they pull the carpet out from everything. That's very odd to me. At what point did they decide this? Is it because of the bad vibe the demo got? Surely the developers didn't step in and say, this shouldn't be on store shelves after the game went gold etc.

The game may be delayed but this speaks volumes about the current state of EA NBA basketball. When in 2011 is the right time to ship this? I just don't know about this and honestly think we may not see an NBA Elite. Very odd. All the money poured into ads, print, shipping etc. and they pull the plug. There must be something wrong with this game beyond what we have seen.

I'm all but sure it's the negative press Elites been getting. If the community hadnt been this out spoken the Devs. would still be telling us something is wrong with us for not liking it because they loooooove the game.

# 110 CaptainZombie @ 09/27/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Agreed. I rather wait another 4-5 months and get a game I can really like instead of getting one now I hate and having to wait 12 months for some redemption. I wasnt buying Elite based on what I saw they may make a sell out of me when next week release was a definite no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly, go back to Live 10 and fix it up the right way. Do it honest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah just scrap the 11 season and put it all towards 12. I just hope no developers get fired over this or demoted. Being in the business world I know when the call comes from the top, crap rolls down hill fast and people on the bottom get scapegoated.

The next week or so I wouldn't want to be an EA developer thats for sure. I know they going to have yall in meetings and conference calls non stop. Peace be with you.
I agree with you guys and mainly Gotmadskillz. I would just not even bother releasing Elite 11 and just keep updating Live 10. Live 10 was a good game which needed some work like tweaking the A.I., Signature Shots, Presentation, etc. I would love for this team to just scrap Elite 11, take what worked in Elite and incorporate with Live 10. I feel like EA has taken a huge step backwards this late in this generation of gaming with basketball. This was the first year I was not going to buy an EA basketball game at all which is sad since I enjoyed Live 10.

# 111 NASIR2385 @ 09/27/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
How is it not? Instead of releasing a broken game they decided to wait and work out some issues and possibly add more content(animations come to mind) More dev time on a game is NEVER a bad thing no matter how you try to spin it...
the game from the core is broken and totally needs to be revamped. Saying its broken and needs a few tweaks is just ignoring the fact that this game isnt a good representation of the sport in its entirety. if you look at 2k everything you see and feel with the code isnt just embedded in the gameplay its in the code of the game, its the direction of whats a direct representation of what you see on TV. taking something thats broken and not releasing it is not whats going on here an example of that is if microsoft a week before releasing the xbox 360 totally canceled the release because they knew the systems where to small to exert that much energy therefore the cooling jets arent able to keep the system resulting in the red rings, had you kept the same structure with the 1st xbox that problem would have completely been avoided. when we talk about elite we have a game that completely lost touch with the certain basics that basketball has. the game should have never been made in the direction it was given. just my opinion bro

# 112 Onpoint17 @ 09/27/10 07:22 PM
Hardly shocking news after the release of the demo and overwhelming negative reception of the game.

It was the right thing to do.

Now, maybe when they've finally developed Elite it can offer a quality choice between the 2 basketball games. I'd like to see EA give 2K some decent competition. But the game as we saw it so far was a joke.

# 113 hokupguy @ 09/27/10 07:22 PM
i think nba jam is still coming out next week on Wii, isnt it?

# 114 BlakeSabbath84 @ 09/27/10 07:23 PM
I would love to hear rEAanimator's thoughts on this move.

# 115 bran9413 @ 09/27/10 07:24 PM
This is really stupid to do if they game doesn't come out by the middle of November then I'm not buying this game. The game isn't even that bad I think people were mad because they couldn't dunk a lot in it. If the devs didn't like the game then why make it? They should take their L like a man and just release the game next week because what could they possibly add to the game to make people want it if they're not releasing it with NBA Jams anymore.

# 116 DaChiefs @ 09/27/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjax
I hate the fact that people now are seeing EA as some kind of hero for not bringing out the game. They just tried to insult our intelligence by selling us a game they knew was bad from the start.

Now EA is acting like they are listening to us. If they did listen we would have good game now instead of a delayed and maybe even cancelled garbage
There is no way I was going to buy Elite 11 after playing that demo LOL

# 117 WaddupCouzin @ 09/27/10 07:25 PM
I guess this is the virtual expression of making someone "Tap-Out"! Wow, this is shocking. Isnt this the 2nd Time in Next Gen that EA has been delayed??? I think they did the same thing in '06? I'm shocked.

# 118 fatleg3 @ 09/27/10 07:26 PM
o well just makes my decision a lot easier. Now that they are taking a yr off they can build on what elite 11 was and make it better. No complaints here because there is another game out there. If this was the only basketball game i would be pissed like college fans was. I played college games but was as big as a fan as some people on here was so it didnt effect me much

# 119 champsbasketball @ 09/27/10 07:26 PM
this is a great move EA and i hope as you guys make the game better you look at are ideas on the wish list here and keep talking to us.

# 120 souljah_flames @ 09/27/10 07:26 PM
smart decision....save yourself the embarrassment!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.