Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, featuring NBA Today 2.0 and new audio details.

Quote:
"Another area of expansion was the context we wanted to bring to our Leaderboards and Standings analysis, since it's such a big part of the NBA Today experience as well as in Association. The relevance of having your team in the top 5 in a certain stat category in November versus late in March has different implications, and we wanted to bring that perspective to our analysis. As we all know, those teams that can turn it up for the last half of the season have the momentum advantage, so we added a "Since All-Star Break" timeframe. You'll also hear contextual breakdowns across the "Last 10 Games" and "Over the Last Month", as well as the standard timeframes of "This Season" and "Last Season". Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg are able to provide a more granular and insightful perspective with this added level of detail. Throughout the year, you also will see a larger variety of teams and players being recognized on the leaderboards, when they turn it up a notch during various periods of the NBA season."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eko718 @ 09/29/10 10:48 AM
Very good insight. The audio upgrades are magnificent, especially the stadium specific sounds. Commentary has come a long way as well.

# 102 spankdatazz22 @ 09/29/10 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
You're right and I was well aware of discounting presentation elements totally absent in 2k5, because we're comparing two games one of which is six years younger than the other and has had the benefit of being developed using more powerful hardware.
no prob - and we're on the same page; I've made that specific point about 2K5 many times over. I still marvel at how well they integrated [at the time] ESPN presentation with a videogame. Telestrator and commentary about offensive lineplay? That's ridiculous, even today when the next gen football games haven't come close to sniffing what they did. I was just saying that I didn't think 2K11 needed to do everything 2K5 did + what they're doing now to be considered best presentation ever in a sports game

# 103 COACH WEBB @ 09/29/10 11:03 AM

Commercials? Man, I've been waiting to see that implemented into a game. Glad to see halftime clips from other games as well.

Great job 2k!

# 104 johnprestonevans @ 09/29/10 11:31 AM
Im confused to, as i didnt have 2K10. Is Association different from NBA Today? Are these 2 seperate modes? I was under the impression that NBA Today was the presentation hub of the game's franchise. Meaning "NBA Today" is the segment/brand that is given to the halftime show within our franchises. Is "NBA Today" a MODE?

# 105 spankdatazz22 @ 09/29/10 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Im confused to, as i didnt have 2K10. Is Association different from NBA Today? Are these 2 seperate modes? I was under the impression that NBA Today was the presentation hub of the game's franchise. Meaning "NBA Today" is the segment/brand that is given to the halftime show within our franchises. Is "NBA Today" a MODE?
The cool thing about NBA Today was that you could play it as a "mode" in one-off games and everything NBA Today-related would be specific to what was going on in the real NBA. In Association games, the NBA Today stuff is related to your personal Association - it's VERY cool, and a very innovative feature.

# 106 johnprestonevans @ 09/29/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The cool thing about NBA Today was that you could play it as a "mode" in one-off games and everything NBA Today-related would be specific to what was going on in the real NBA. In Association games, the NBA Today stuff is related to your personal Association - it's VERY cool, and a very innovative feature.
That is what im talkin' about! Baseballguy's comments did not reflect in-progress games around the league or highlights from other franchise/association games. I really hope this stuff exists within our Associations because that is the mode im going to be playing.

# 107 Lbj6TheChosen1 @ 09/29/10 12:00 PM
All i got to say is BRAVO 2k...BRAAAVO!!!!!...just keep kickin it up a notch wowww!!!!!

# 108 johnprestonevans @ 09/29/10 01:37 PM
Found this information from a 2K10 article talking about the relationship between Association Mode and NBA Today:

"The first and probably most important new addition to the 2K formula is called NBA Today. It's both a small mode in the game and a feature that permeates just about every other game you'll play. From the main menu clicking on NBA Today will bring you to a list of real NBA games that are set to take place. For our purposes – and since the NBA season hasn't started yet – we were treated to a list of pre-season games. NBA Today not only keeps up with the current NBA schedule, but it also has an effect on things like franchise mode.

NBA Today influences what you hear from the commentators in NBA 2K10. Say, for instance, you're nearing the All-Star Game in your franchise. Prior to the break you'll hear Clark Kellogg and company referencing who's on the starting lineup or if anyone from your team made the squad. They'll also talk about your chances of making the playoffs and other aspects of your franchise."

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this translates to 2K11 next Tuesday and whether or not all the new NBA Today 2.0 content will cascade through our franchise games.

# 109 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 09/29/10 01:43 PM
So nobody noticed the blue cavs court huh? Lol

# 110 J-H!zZl3 @ 09/29/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
So nobody noticed the blue cavs court huh? Lol
Yeah, what's up with that? Did the Cavs change their court to something different than this?

# 111 HealyMonster @ 09/29/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans

John, I can assure you 100% that NBA Today is completely integrated into your association. Whatever led you to believe something else is just not right. When you play association, the halftime show, etc will all be about your association. The standings that pop up during game breaks, the upcoming games promo, the stats they show and talk about, all will be based on your association.

remember, some of these guys who have the game are being asked 5,000 questions, sometimes they might not articulate themselves properly and on this site especially, someone misunderstands something, then runs and makes a post about it and an hour later people "are not buying this game unless that is patched" when in reality, it was just a misunderstood answer.

Hope that clarify s what your looking for man.

# 112 Goffs @ 09/29/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
Yeah, what's up with that? Did the Cavs change their court to something different than this?

those trailers where made months before...your best bet at the moment is ask one of the guys who own the game and see if its the right one...

# 113 champsbasketball @ 09/29/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

Check out the latest NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, featuring NBA Today 2.0 and new audio details.
will all these things happen in myplayer as well

# 114 turftickler @ 09/29/10 02:09 PM
This game should be illegal, because it's just wrong to have something so addicting in our position. I vote NBA 2k11 "Game of the Year"!

# 115 johnprestonevans @ 09/29/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
John, I can assure you 100% that NBA Today is completely integrated into your association. Whatever led you to believe something else is just not right. When you play association, the halftime show, etc will all be about your association. The standings that pop up during game breaks, the upcoming games promo, the stats they show and talk about, all will be based on your association.

remember, some of these guys who have the game are being asked 5,000 questions, sometimes they might not articulate themselves properly and on this site especially, someone misunderstands something, then runs and makes a post about it and an hour later people "are not buying this game unless that is patched" when in reality, it was just a misunderstood answer.

Hope that clarify s what your looking for man.
A thousand thankyou's my man. This is great news. I think we have a sports game of the year contender on our hands.

# 116 JWiLL02 @ 09/29/10 03:41 PM
FFS 2K...you're really trying to ruin me, huh?

How am I supposed to work and go to school with this sitting infront of me?

Expect an aggressive letter writing campaign from my girlfriend.

# 117 basehead617 @ 09/29/10 03:44 PM
I'm not sure I understand how people think around the league in progress games in association is supposed to work.. obviously you don't want performance being affected by simming games while you're playing..??

# 118 bonannogiovanni @ 09/29/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
I'm not sure I understand how people think around the league in progress games in association is supposed to work.. obviously you don't want performance being affected by simming games while you're playing..??
That's not how it's supposed to work. The game is simmed before you go to play your own game, and so is the update that is shown later at the half. That's how it works in nfl 2k5 and the Show for example. performance is not affected by any means.

# 119 basehead617 @ 09/29/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
That's not how it's supposed to work. The game is simmed before you go to play your own game, and so is the update that is shown later at the half. That's how it works in nfl 2k5 and the Show for example. performance is not affected by any means.
and if you quit your game it unsims the ones that had the same start time?

# 120 Gosens6 @ 09/29/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
and if you quit your game it unsims the ones that had the same start time?
No, in NBA 2K you can't just quit your game. You can only cancel your attempted quit, or sim to the end of your game. So once you sim to the end of your game, the around the league games also finish simming.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.