Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Note from Chris: Unfortunately, without warning, EA's PR Department decided to inform us that the Elite guys will not be coming on tonight. This was a decision made solely by PR.

It is regretful that the PR department at EA Sports doesn't consider the largest collection of hardcore sports gaming fans on the internet worth their time to give an explanation to and we hope it's not a sign of future things to come from EA.

I want to think rEAnimator and crew for being more than willing to come on. You guys are a class act all the way through and through. Being willing, in the face of extreme skepticism and backlash among sports gamers to come onto the show and explain your side of the story is both honorable and commendable. If we could only get the PR department for your company to have half as much fortitude as you guys, you might have a stand-up company.

Thanks to our listeners who have tuned in to the show over the past few weeks. We'll have more guys on the show at some point as we go forward. Information on upcoming shows is still TBA, but we look forward to having some exciting guests on the show!!

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/29/10 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the croz 1027
Huh? What company would let a developer participate in a show to answer questions and defuse negative reaction towards a game? My guess is many. Gamespot, G4, and opertationsports frequently have developers pitch their game and answer questions.

This is bad move by EA and puts Reanimator in an even worse situation. Sorry reanimator, sometimes the company we work for doesn't always represent the same ideals as we ourselves carry. Class act coming on these forums, answering questions. I might not like the game (as currently constituted) but I respect you for your efforts.

FYI.....those interviews on G4, Gametrailers, IGN, etc are SCRIPTED. Game companies know in advance what the questions are going to be and therefore are given a carefully worded statement on how to answer the question.

# 22 Bellsprout @ 09/29/10 04:05 PM
You should just post all the questions you had line up for him so rEA can answer them.

Workarounds rule.

I hadn't listened to your show before, but this would've been enough for me to finally listen to one. Shame.

# 23 mvb34 @ 09/29/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Every other company on earth would probably do this to try to restore a horribly broken image. PR stands for Public Relations, not (lack of) public relations
Not this format they wouldn't.. I'm still waiting for Serria reps to explain why they released FPB Pro 99 bugged like they did!!

# 24 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/29/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
You should just post all the questions you had line up for him so rEA can answer them.

Workarounds rule.

I hadn't listened to your show before, but this would've been enough for me to finally listen to one. Shame.
Ummm probably would be a bad idea and he might get in trouble for it. Companies do have a whole department now that sole purpose is to monitor internet websites.

Whatever he says, being an employee of EA, it makes EA liable. EA legal department would shut him down and shut him down fast.

Nobody wants to see dude get fired.

# 25 Bellsprout @ 09/29/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ummm probably would be a bad idea and he might get in trouble for it. Companies do have a whole department now that sole purpose is to monitor internet websites.

Whatever he says, being an employee of EA, it makes EA liable. EA legal department would shut him down and shut him down fast.

Nobody wants to see dude get fired.
I don't see the difference between that and him answering our questions informally on the forum.

I realize I'm probably wrong, and I obviously don't want to see him get fired or anything because he's been nothing but class throughout this whole process, but I'm just floating the idea in case it, for whatever reason, would actually be admissible.

# 26 RaychelSnr @ 09/29/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Not this format they wouldn't.. I'm still waiting for Serria reps to explain why they released FPB Pro 99 bugged like they did!!
Let me get Sierra on the line to find out....oh wait, they went out of business! I wonder why?

# 27 dtq @ 09/29/10 04:21 PM
Although I hate the direction Elite has taken and I think it isn't as good as a product they tooted it to be, I respect those two Elite devs that were scheduled to come on the show.

# 28 Pared @ 09/29/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Every other company on earth would probably do this to try to restore a horribly broken image. PR stands for Public Relations, not (lack of) public relations
While I agree with you, they wouldn't do this without PLANNING before-hand.

This may be the case here.

# 29 dtq @ 09/29/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
While I agree with you, they wouldn't do this without PLANNING before-hand.

This may be the case here.

While I agree with you, planning for me means scripted. I'd rather hear spontaneous and candid responses from the devs.

# 30 XuanWu @ 09/29/10 04:41 PM
Right when I was starting to see some integrity in EA Sports... I vote for an hour long show ripping EA.

# 31 CX1329 @ 09/29/10 04:52 PM
This is unfortunate. I was looking forward to hearing reAnimator actually talk about the game. Reading text on a message board can feel so cold and impersonal. Also, no, I did not like the demo at all, but I REALLY appreciate the constant feedback the developers have given us in spite of all the negative reactions. I really hope they stick around for the next development cycle, as this sort of interaction is hugely important.

# 32 Pared @ 09/29/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq
While I agree with you, planning for me means scripted. I'd rather hear spontaneous and candid responses from the devs.
Not necessarily true, although they are similar.

Saying not to discuss X area and giving someone what to exactly say aren't one and the same. They just decided ahead of time what can and can't be discussed.

That's public relations 101. They can still give you candid and spontaneous.

# 33 Pared @ 09/29/10 04:57 PM
Guys enough with the Madden discussions. This has NOTHING to do with Madden.

# 34 TheRisingSan @ 09/29/10 04:57 PM
Wow, that kinda sucks. I was really looking forward to what the developers had to say about their game. Oh well, it sounds like a smart move by EA to prevent any unnecessary things to be said.
Any ways, despite the move, kudos to the developers for their class act of wanting to be on the show in spite of all the criticism their game and reputation faces. I wish them the best for future games.

# 35 turftickler @ 09/29/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq
Although I hate the direction Elite has taken and I think it isn't as good as a product they tooted it to be, I respect those two Elite devs that were scheduled to come on the show.
I've said all along that it isn't the devs, it's the higher ups that hold back NBA Live and Madden NFL's progression. It's a corporate thing. If people will buy our product without us having to do more work or very little work, then that just means more money for us, less overhead, and less hours on the clock for all of their employees.

# 36 turftickler @ 09/29/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Guys enough with the Madden discussions. This has NOTHING to do with Madden.
Sorry, Pared. Getting fired up here.

# 37 Indiedog @ 09/29/10 05:43 PM
All of EA's employees sign an employment contract when they start working for EA. One of the things included is a Non-Disclosure Agreement in which employees are prevented from discussing or publicizing proprietary information. From the many posts that I have read from rEAanimator, he hs not broken that NDA. Now if EA as a company explicitly states that he, as an employee of EA, cannot participate in an event (interview, etc.), then that is pretty clear cut.

While this sucks for us, I'm guessing that EA freaked when they found out about rEAnimator being on the show and feared that rEAnimator might be a bit too open and honest with us. EA is in lockdown mode right now in that EA Vancouver studio. They're trying to figure out what to do and don't want any mis-information getting out there.

Understandable but still crappy for us.

# 38 Playmakers @ 09/29/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiedog
All of EA's employees sign an employment contract when they start working for EA. One of the things included is a Non-Disclosure Agreement in which employees are prevented from discussing or publicizing proprietary information. From the many posts that I have read from rEAanimator, he hs not broken that NDA. Now if EA as a company explicitly states that he, as an employee of EA, cannot participate in an event (interview, etc.), then that is pretty clear cut.

While this sucks for us, I'm guessing that EA freaked when they found out about rEAnimator being on the show and feared that rEAnimator might be a bit too open and honest with us. EA is in lockdown mode right now in that EA Vancouver studio. They're trying to figure out what to do and don't want any mis-information getting out there.

Understandable but still crappy for us.
yep they do ask you sign that Non-Disclosure Agreement

one thing i was shocked about was how open rEAnimator has been on the boards....he didn't seem to side step many questions good or bad.

I have to give him prop's because despite the amount of heat this game took he never vanished in thin air. You don't usually see that often when things get tough most guys bail out under pressure.

# 39 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/29/10 06:20 PM
Wow, over these last few months it has really opened my mind to see who is held accountable for any shortcomings of a companies product.

# 40 mrprice33 @ 09/29/10 06:41 PM
What a disaster. Do the same thing to the radio show that they did to the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.