Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

We will be conducting an OS exclusive interview with Activision and Eutechnyx this coming Thursday, and would love to have some OS participation. Obviously interviews have already hit the media, but we want to take a different angle with this. We want you, the OS racing community to ask the questions, and we will do our best to get them all answered as accurate and detailed as possible.

If you have a question for the producers of the game, please post them here and make sure you keep them as realistic as possible.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 King10Sooted @ 10/03/10 08:01 PM
I would love to hear more about the presentation of the game. Presentation is a huge part of NASCAR. I would love to hear if they plan on showing starting grids, replays, victory lane stuff. What have they done to make it feel like you are really at a race weekend basically?

# 2 Potatoes002 @ 10/03/10 08:47 PM
A couple questions on Season mode....

Can you have multiple users in Season mode (or whatever it's called) or just one player?

Does Season mode last longer than one year?

And some other questions.....

Black flags?
Do you have car control driving down pit-road?

# 3 bluengold34_OS @ 10/03/10 08:58 PM
Good questions so far guys, and I will add some small ones here.

1. Multiple skins
2. Part time drivers included( Boris Said, Mike Waltrip )
3. Created skins raced online?
4. Different lines/grooves on individual tracks
5 Mechanical failures ( AI/Human )
6. Dynamic crowds/weather
7. Day to night transition?

Keep them coming!

# 4 y2j469 @ 10/03/10 09:26 PM
Will offline split-screen multiplayer be included?

# 5 hi-teck @ 10/03/10 09:57 PM
I just want to know more on the multiplayer online feature, like if there is a career mode option so you can race your created driver with your friends. It would be cool to go online and form a race team with your friends to battle for the sprint cup. Not much was mentioned about how the online works except for you can race up to 16 players. While the nice single player modes look awesome, I feel the money is online racing against other players and your friends for a racing game.

# 6 bluengold34_OS @ 10/03/10 10:51 PM
Some really good MP questions so far, to go along with the technical side of the game also. I am hoping to spend about 45 minutes with him, and will try my best to fit all of the questions in. I will not put the final QnA sheet together until probably Wednesday night, so feel free to post your questions up until Wednesday evening.

# 7 Potatoes002 @ 10/04/10 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Good questions so far guys, and I will add some small ones here.

1. Multiple skins
2. Part time drivers included( Boris Said, Mike Waltrip )
3. Created skins raced online?
4. Different lines/grooves on individual tracks
5 Mechanical failures ( AI/Human )
6. Dynamic crowds/weather
7. Day to night transition?

Keep them coming!
Great questions I would like answered, too. But I did see that multiple racing grooves are confirmed from one of the developers Twitter. The track will rubber in, as well, and be effected by track temperature.

More questions I have.....

What is the hardest challenge working on a NASCAR video game?
Will there be any form of "sliders", and how many difficulty levels are there?
Will drivers have ratings (like Madden or NHL have player ratings)?
Will you get to select you pit-stall or is it automatically the same one each race, like in EA's games?

# 8 BurghFan @ 10/04/10 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2j469
Will offline split-screen multiplayer be included?
It will, read the article linked in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l?nojs=1#links

Okay, here's my question. The article in linked in the above thread had some hints that at least the Nationwide series will also be in the game First saying there will be 2 female drivers (there are none in Cup) than using the phrase "work your way through" when describing career mode. So will at least Nationwide and possibly Trucks be in the game as well? If not, could their possibly be later DLC to add these series?

# 9 gogators @ 10/04/10 12:24 AM
How do pit stops work? Is it automatic or or there things the player controls? How much does the player control on a pit stop?

# 10 statum71 @ 10/04/10 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
I would love to hear more about the presentation of the game. Presentation is a huge part of NASCAR. I would love to hear if they plan on showing starting grids, replays, victory lane stuff. What have they done to make it feel like you are really at a race weekend basically?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
A couple questions on Season mode....

Can you have multiple users in Season mode (or whatever it's called) or just one player?

Does Season mode last longer than one year?

And some other questions.....

Black flags?
Do you have car control driving down pit-road?

I second these two posts.

Plus... another presentation question. Will there be any sort of commentary?

# 11 bonannogiovanni @ 10/04/10 04:16 AM
Will there be in game saves? I haven't played Nascar games since Papyrus Nascar 2000, I guess it was the last to implement this feature, I like playing 100% length races, but for a mature gamer there's no way of having so much free time....

# 12 SilentYetViolent @ 10/04/10 08:42 AM
Will the other divisions of NASCAR be included in this game? (i.e.: Nationwide Series, Camping World Truck Series)

# 13 Brew @ 10/04/10 08:59 AM
Realism? What is the game gearing towards?... the sim racer or arcade racer like EA has pounded into the grave year after year..
Real NASCAR fans want a simulation much like the PC Papyrus games of the past...
Also, how much customization is there with the cars?
If a NASCAR game could implement the realism, graphics, and customization of a Forza or Gran Turismo I would be a annual buyer... however if its anything close to what EA has put out the past few years I dont want any part of the franchise.

# 14 Dazraz @ 10/04/10 02:42 PM
Will it be like in NASCAR Total Team Control whereby you could switch to driving your team mates car?

# 15 Happy29 @ 10/04/10 03:51 PM
How in-depth is your set up garage? Springs, spring perch offset, camber, tape, caster, spring rubbers, and so on. How deep will setting up a car be and what kind of in race adjustments can be made like tire pressure, wedge, track bar? To me that's one part that is very important.

# 16 8 @ 10/04/10 04:34 PM
For career mode, are you offered contracts from real existing teams (not just fake made up cars) as you progress?

For example #24 Dupont Chevy

# 17 kubankaos @ 10/04/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Will there be in game saves? I haven't played Nascar games since Papyrus Nascar 2000, I guess it was the last to implement this feature, I like playing 100% length races, but for a mature gamer there's no way of having so much free time....
Sorry I have to second this in a big way. I would flip if I can save in game and continue later. It would be nice to play a full season at 100%, man just being able to put in 20-40 laps would be very nice.

I might actually do a career mode for the first time.

# 18 jhamlin1971 @ 10/04/10 04:55 PM
A couple of questions/concerns:

In yellow flag situations after an AI to AI induced wreck, will it be possible to take caution laps and drive by the aftermath? For instance, seeing a wrecked car with maybe tow trucks by it, smoke coming out of it, etc. In the past, all NASCAR games have the cars simple drive back to the pits or just disappear altogether (no matter the damage to the cars). Would be great realism to actually drive by and see that kind of interaction happening. And if its bad enough, red flag conditions as well?

Is dynamic weather going to be included similar to F1 2010? That would add some pit strategy if you knew rain was coming and either was going to be red flagged or stop the race altogether after 50 percent has been completed.

This is probably a lot to ask but I feel with current technology, we should be at this point for NASCAR games.

Thanks! and looking forward to the finished product!

# 19 Skittles6547 @ 10/04/10 04:56 PM
Alright ask maybe if there will be a league section. I know everyone was big in the league department back in 09's hay day.

and If the damage will be life like. Like if i hit the wall and bust up the front end will they fix it. In real life they can come in and take the whole front end off and replace it entirely.

I think it would be cool to have the option if u get severe damage to have the option to repair it. Like if i break a trackbar mount or a suspension issue to pick go behind the wall and repair it and come out like a certain number of laps down.

""that was a very bad thing in Nascar 09. Being in a league race and on the first lap u get wrecked and have to drive around for 150+ laps going 20 mph slower. I would rather have the option to go behind the wall and repair something an be 15+ laps down than run around like a turtle.

Those are a few of my concerns, I may have more though. I will get together with some league buddies.

# 20 jenglund @ 10/04/10 05:19 PM
A lot of good questions already...mine are the following:

1. Will accidents be more dynamic, so cars will crash without me causing the crash?
2. Will I be able to drive behind Harvick and Hamlin and watch them bang on each other?
3. Will drivers be smart with their pit stops? Will they scale appropriately if I only want my races to go 50 laps?
4. It looks like there's no Nationwide or trucks in the game?

I'm not that into hardcore sim racing, and I quite like the racing in NASCAR 09...it's just so bland, with no life to the drivers or the career.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.