Home
NFL 2K13 News Post

Go Fanboy is reporting that 2K Sports has already approached the NFL about a licensing deal. Will it happen? Will we see NFL 2K13?

Quote:
"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season. It was rumored last month that the NFLPA, the official association representing players of the National Football League, were already in preliminary talks.

While nothing solid has been worked out, all the pieces are falling into place. Take-Two has sold of several major assets - including their mega-distributor JOAG in Cincinnati, Ohio in order to raise capital. We'll keep you updated as the details emerge."

Game: NFL 2K13Hype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 32 - View All
Member Comments
# 181 JerzeyReign @ 07/23/12 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3rocks09
With the possibility of EA losing its licenses, its very possible. After 2014, EA cant make NCAA Football games for 5 years so we could at least see a 2K College Football game
Thats not the case sir -- you should go back and read that again. It ends any type of exclusive deals that EA can possibly approach the NCAA with -- it doesn't stop them from making a game.

# 182 mestevo @ 09/11/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohty_t
please please let this be true and come to pass!
Nothing since this 2010 rumor indicates it will.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 183 blklightning @ 09/15/12 12:36 PM
It's not EA; it's Tiburon. They're a second rate dev at best. EA needs to fire them and use another studio to make their football games. But since they're too dumb to do it, we need 2K back. When does the EA deal officially run out? I thought this was the last year because of the lockout extension.

# 184 martinez4723 @ 09/15/12 12:56 PM
I would also like to know when the NFL deal is over. Ive been waiting too long just to know if 2K even has a chance.

# 185 Caveman24 @ 09/18/12 02:43 PM
come on 2k we been waiting forever

# 186 inkcil @ 10/04/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
You're torturing yourself. EA effectively eliminated all other companies from the market. There will NEVER be another NFL game other than EA's brand of football (or whatever you want to call it). The NFL sees no reason to NOT renew with EA. 2k football is dead and buried, it will never be back. In fact, there won't be ANY other NFL football, and most likely, no one will make a generic game. Once again, EA succeeded in buying out the market and riddling it with bug-filled, unpolished pieces of crap. Like I said in another post, the older, long time fans will soon all be alienated and give up the game, but the young kids of today who have never tried the other games will replace them. This is the demographic that EA is catering to.

Stop torturing yourself hoping for another game, it's never going to happen ever again.
I want to "like" it b/c it appears to be true but then I don't want to "like" it because its a reality that's just so hard to swallow.

# 187 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 10/12/12 04:14 AM
it's the reality we live in... there are 3 certainties in life... death, taxes, and no more 2k football after 2k8... sorry. EA would never allow 2k to get another NFL game off the ground. it would finish their company...

# 188 mestevo @ 10/12/12 11:35 AM
FWIW multiple companies have made licensed mobile NFL games. If 2k wanted to keep their NFL2k brand out there there's certainly avenues to do so.

# 189 bucs2nine @ 10/12/12 11:41 AM
That said Tazdevil...

I have said all along....or asked, "Why can't 2K make a fully customizable game, like Backbreaker did?"

Have an editor like the one in Backbreaker for uniforms, leagues, divisions, playoffs, fields, logos, player edits , etc, etc....???

I think that game would be huge and sell great!!!

would you guys buy it? I'm in !!!!!

# 190 TreFacTor @ 10/12/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
That said Tazdevil...

I have said all along....or asked, "Why can't 2K make a fully customizable game, like Backbreaker did?"

Have an editor like the one in Backbreaker for uniforms, leagues, divisions, playoffs, fields, logos, player edits , etc, etc....???

I think that game would be huge and sell great!!!

would you guys buy it? I'm in !!!!!
Your not the first to think of this idea...problem is that it's not on 2k's priorities list.
http://www.operationsports.com/TreFa...s-it-possible/

# 191 Juce734 @ 10/12/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Your not the first to think of this idea...problem is that it's not on 2k's priorities list.
http://www.operationsports.com/TreFa...s-it-possible/
I would buy it if it simmed the way the old FBPro games did by Front Page Sports in the 90s. Maybe if it played like the 2k sports games.

I would love to have a fully custom game. Everyone from players, stadiums, logos, uniforms, and everything but still worked in storyline thru maybe a web page or something. It would be a fantastic game for sure.

# 192 Greatness @ 10/12/12 07:21 PM
http://thegamefanatics.com/2012/04/0...inks-deal-nfl/ The deal is done according to this link.

# 193 superjames1992 @ 10/12/12 08:10 PM
The Game Fanatics ... hmm ... Yeah, I'll wait and see.

# 194 mestevo @ 10/12/12 08:54 PM

# 195 inkcil @ 10/19/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Huh?

ha ha...April Fools...wow how cruel.

# 196 shrillex @ 10/19/12 11:44 PM
I hope they release a football game. If anything 2k should know by now the cult following they have garnered and would make money from it. NFL do it!

# 197 mestevo @ 10/20/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrillex
I hope they release a football game. If anything 2k should know by now the cult following they have garnered and would make money from it. NFL do it!
The same cult following that resulted in relatively poor sales when their title was just $20? While we're making up finances of such a title, my guess would be that a NFL license now would probably cost more than what it cost to make APF2k8.

If they made a bunch of money on 2k8, they would have made another, their last couple attempts have required more than a cult following to justify, so we don't have a game now.

# 198 mestevo @ 10/20/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Actually, if you are referring to 2k5 - it sold about 2.6 million copes. That's not poor sales. Madden 05 sold 4 million as a much more seasoned franchise. 2k8 did not make money. There is no market for unlicensed football games. Actually, there is no market for unlicensed football, basketball OR baseball games.
You're correct when you remove my context, getting outsold 2.6m to 4m is relatively poor. This is especially true with Madden being 50% more expensive. 2k8 demonstrated that the cult following which is the premise for the game "making money" is not enough.

2k5 was their 6th NFL title in 5 years, so was kinda seasoned itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 199 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 10/21/12 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness
http://thegamefanatics.com/2012/04/0...inks-deal-nfl/ The deal is done according to this link.
So whats the deal with this^ ?
It doesn't look very credible but where there's smoke right?
Something must be in discussion.....

# 200 NYBorn81 @ 10/23/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
So whats the deal with this^ ?
It doesn't look very credible but where there's smoke right?
Something must be in discussion.....
It was an April Fool's joke, dude.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.