Home
NFL 2K13 News Post

Go Fanboy is reporting that 2K Sports has already approached the NFL about a licensing deal. Will it happen? Will we see NFL 2K13?

Quote:
"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season. It was rumored last month that the NFLPA, the official association representing players of the National Football League, were already in preliminary talks.

While nothing solid has been worked out, all the pieces are falling into place. Take-Two has sold of several major assets - including their mega-distributor JOAG in Cincinnati, Ohio in order to raise capital. We'll keep you updated as the details emerge."

Game: NFL 2K13Hype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 32 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 KG @ 10/07/10 02:58 PM
Could you imagine a 2K game with a 2yr development cycle?

# 62 knighthawksfan @ 10/07/10 03:02 PM
well I think this may be a good thing to happen to ea sports because now they will have to make there games with better improvement every year instead of like every 3 to 4 years Go hawkeyes beat michigan next weekend

# 63 mvb34 @ 10/07/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynny;2041711132[B
]i think the nfl needs to give 2k a chance..[/b] they were able to pull michael jordan for their basketball game..that says alot..plus, i really think ea is focused on fifa since thats going to be their big seller now...basketball is done for them and football is getting close to that also..lets go 2K
The NFL doesn't have to.. All they care about is money..

# 64 e0820 @ 10/07/10 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I think that in 2004 the NFL simply garnered a percentage of each game's sales; that, if it's true, would explain why they went the exclusive route with EA. EA approached them before about an exclusive deal, but the NFL turned them down. After 2k sold for $20, which forced EA to lower the price of Madden to $30, the NFL had a change of heart and signed an exclusive deal with EA.
This actually a really good analogy. It makes sense why NFL2k5 was 19.95, not to lure people into trying it (not 100% anyway) because the NFL may of looked at who sold more (again not 100% but may of played into a decision)

# 65 STEVENATLARGE @ 10/07/10 04:04 PM
YES! I hope this goes through. NFL2K5 is STILL the best football game ever made...and just look what they did with NBA2K11. It's really a no-brainer...unless you work for EA.

# 66 Harry521 @ 10/07/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVENATLARGE
YES! I hope this goes through. NFL2K5 is STILL the best football game ever made...and just look what they did with NBA2K11. It's really a no-brainer...unless you work for EA.
To right "YOU CAN'T COACH THAT!"

# 67 rooney8 @ 10/07/10 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Could you imagine a 2K game with a 2yr development cycle?
Yeah I said earlier I hope 2K get an answer soon so they could have two years.

# 68 statum71 @ 10/07/10 05:51 PM
I don't want ANYBODY to have exclusive license. I hope we have a choice.

# 69 mwjr @ 10/07/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
LOL!!

Amen.

# 70 mwjr @ 10/07/10 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I don't want ANYBODY to have exclusive license. I hope we have a choice.
Agreed 100%. Competition is a good thing. Look at the battle between NBA 2K and NBA Eli --

Oh. Wait.

# 71 Gmoney2002 @ 10/07/10 08:17 PM
woooooow "the plot thickens"

# 72 TracerBullet @ 10/07/10 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsolja
Say it again!!!!!!....YOU CAN'T COACH THAT!!!!....bottoms up...roll them damn dice,how long has it been?....hatters...whad up nfl2kx old heads..lol..aye vc/2k.....go get them forthe sake of us all please!!!..make next gen make sense....nfl2k5...long live the king...props nba2k11.....n fix dat damn 2kbaseball nhl,n bring back our Choops..u monki banaz...

Rubb out EA. For unsportsman like conduct...putting my damn love for vidoegame in a state of limbo for many years.....boooooo!..(throw popcorn on dem villains)..programm better games s&*$.look out before they cry n offer nba a billion dollers.. ea sabotage me had me wondering y keep plying videgame systems....metal gear4 didn't rekindle the flame,gta4,batman,unchartered....red dead gave it a little spark,nba 2k11 put on gas....nfl2k COME START THE FIRE!!.. bring us back home

huh???

# 73 clipperfan811 @ 10/07/10 11:20 PM
I honestly haven't enjoyed a football game since NFL 2k5, in fact my interest in the NFL has gone down about 85% since then, other life factors have played a part but the Games always kept me connected to the players. It's been a disappointment, specifically those first few next gen Madden games.

# 74 nivek64 @ 10/08/10 02:57 AM
If this comes to fruition this can be a big step for the NFL in the collective bargaining agreement. As far as EA Sports is concerned they should go to MLB and do the same for baseball as we need a new game for baseball. Let the competition and game wars begin. We need this.

# 75 Skyliner80 @ 10/08/10 07:25 AM
As Suzyn Waldman says:
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!

# 76 biggity13 @ 10/08/10 07:59 AM
i am for NFL 2K13 just as much as the next person, but everyone talks about how NBA 2K11 should help 2K sports no one has mentioned that 2K sports has the baseball license and look at what kind of baseball game they put out every year. So as much as NBA 2K11 will help 2K sports, their MLB games could hurt them

# 77 beatnik @ 10/08/10 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Of course there's always the NCAA license if the NFL renew with EA.
2K has tried that route, and it was ugly lol.

# 78 Eddie1967 @ 10/08/10 09:50 AM
Please let this come true. It's been four years since I have played a football game long term. After seeing what VC has done with NBA 2K11 and MLB 2K10, I have no doubt that they would make a superb football game.

# 79 johnnyg713 @ 10/08/10 10:28 AM
Lets just hope if 2k gets the green light to make 2k13, it happens soon. It has taken almost a decade for NBA2k11 to get where it is now. You think all our expectations would be meet in the first year of NFL 2ks release on this gen of consoles? We play 2k games for sig styles, thousands upon thousands of animations, deep franchise modes, sim gameplay, and amazing presentation. For all that to be in NFL 2k13 would seem impossible if work hasn't been done already by 2k.

# 80 MINATAURO @ 10/08/10 11:23 AM
Long live 2K! I don't want Madden to go away, just want some competition. win-win for us.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.