Home
NFL 2K13 News Post

Go Fanboy is reporting that 2K Sports has already approached the NFL about a licensing deal. Will it happen? Will we see NFL 2K13?

Quote:
"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season. It was rumored last month that the NFLPA, the official association representing players of the National Football League, were already in preliminary talks.

While nothing solid has been worked out, all the pieces are falling into place. Take-Two has sold of several major assets - including their mega-distributor JOAG in Cincinnati, Ohio in order to raise capital. We'll keep you updated as the details emerge."

Game: NFL 2K13Hype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 32 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 DJDReW3102 @ 10/08/10 12:01 PM
dear god pleaaaaase let this happen.

All I need is an announcement that College Hoops will be coming back in 2012 and i'll be in sports gaming nirvana.

# 82 jmarcguy @ 10/08/10 05:32 PM
I'd just like to play a new 2k football game while I'm young enough to do it!!!!

# 83 jayrich751 @ 10/08/10 05:49 PM
i soooooo wish that someone in corperate can just send this.....these comments to the NFL, so that they can see what the people ( consumer) really wants

# 84 Steelersfan85 @ 10/08/10 06:22 PM
If they get word on the decision by the end of the year they could have almost two years to work on it which would improve the chances of it being even greater.

# 85 kjcheezhead @ 10/08/10 08:26 PM
At the very least, I hope they get a deal done with the players union. Being able to put all the real players into a new All Pro Football game would be just fine with me. I just want some new football games.

# 86 Cryolemon @ 10/09/10 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
At the very least, I hope they get a deal done with the players union. Being able to put all the real players into a new All Pro Football game would be just fine with me. I just want some new football games.
That would be a good compromise certainly.

# 87 bigpat7676 @ 10/09/10 09:24 AM
It would be awesome if the NFL game was made similarly to how COD is. 2 developers alternate each year thus giving a 2 yr cycle to create a game.

# 88 Cryolemon @ 10/09/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I hope we can get some information on the deal in 2011.
I dunno about that, since EA's agreement lasts till after Superbowl XLVI (so February 2012). I doubt we'd hear anything until then at least.

# 89 DaReapa @ 10/09/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I dunno about that, since EA's agreement lasts till after Superbowl XLVI (so February 2012). I doubt we'd hear anything until then at least.
I think the license extends through the 2012 season, which means Superbowl XLVII (February 2013), unfortunately. The NCAA exclusivity ends after the 2011 season. I wonder if 2K Sports will pursue that.

# 90 Cryolemon @ 10/09/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
I think the license extends through the 2012 season, which means Superbowl XLVII (February 2013), unfortunately. The NCAA exclusivity ends after the 2011 season. I wonder if 2K Sports will pursue that.
You may well be right. If I remember rightly though, the NCAA license ends this coming January.

# 91 -DaVe- @ 10/09/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Hopin' but most likely not a chance in hell this happens. EA is giving far too much money to the NFL for the exclusive deal and Madden continues to sell millions upon millions; I don't see the NFL changing it anytime soon.
I hope not!! lets be positive people!

# 92 sportskid84 @ 10/09/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Not likely as 2k basketball has never come close to Madden in sales.

A couple things work in 2ks Favor here:
- The recent American Needle ruling. The NFL may relax there exclusive deals as a result.
- NBA 2k Owns the NBA Market
- 2K Could argue that less titles means they could devote more man power towards the NFL game.

If the NFL goes with Exclusivity again, it stays with EA. But I do not think that it is totally out of the question that 2K would be allowed to make a game, Madden sales have dipped so what does the NFL have to lose? I actually have a pretty good feeling about this, I think 2K will make a NFL game soon ...
So what about the NFL sunday ticket?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 93 rudeworld @ 10/09/10 07:52 PM
I wonder if Dan and Peter are starting to clear their voices.....for a return to the booth.

Its been a while since I had fun with a football franchise, would 2k do "myplayer" type mode, I know they can since they kind of invented it with 1st person football.....

the only thing they will not be able to come with is the ESPN licence

# 94 faze38 @ 10/09/10 11:04 PM
There are some parts of madden that are still good so honestly I think 2K and EA should team up and make a game that will blow any other sports game out the water! Damit to be honest I think Ea should just buy out 2k work together and make the games we gamers really want! Just don't touch the NBA ea because u guys would destroy what took years to improve!

# 95 capn_razzamataz @ 10/09/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsolja
I'm typing from a. Cell phone and youll sqear youll so smartcbut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsolja
...it shows ur level of understanding is negative zero, cornaballs

# 96 herruberraschen @ 10/10/10 12:02 AM
"it shows your understanding is negative zero, cornaballs"

Reading this made my day and every time I think of this I will laugh for the rest of my life. I genuinely thank you for that post.

Cornaballs!

# 97 Trey79 @ 10/10/10 02:36 AM
Thank God!!!

# 98 adriano @ 10/10/10 03:48 AM
The Article said the Players Association has had preliminary talks..
That is good news. The Players association and the NFL are two
separate entities. You could see a Tecmo Bowl Style game with
real names and fake teams.

I think that EA, does not want to shell out another 300 Million for
an exclusive license. At the time of the original deal they were cash
rich. The recession has hit them pretty good. 2k asking the NFL
for a license does not mean they are asking for a exclusive one.

Stranger things have happened...

We've all heard this before. So it really does not mean much, yet.
My interest is peaked though...

The NFL is trying to become it's own network. Maybe they would
hire programmers and cut everyone out all together.. LOL

# 99 Cryolemon @ 10/10/10 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
The NFL is trying to become it's own network. Maybe they would
hire programmers and cut everyone out all together.. LOL
lol, that might work actually.

# 100 videlsports @ 10/10/10 07:09 AM
I hope liscences will be available to everyone, 2k, EA, and 505 games. The NFL would stand to make tons of money. I hope the NCaa does the same too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.