Home
NBA JAM News Post

Kotaku has just confirmed a disc release for the 360 and PS3 versions of NBA Jam.

Quote:
"The Wii version, released Oct. 5, included a "Remix Tour" mode that was to have become available as paid downloadable content for the PS3/360 NBA Jam download version. As the Wii version cost $50 and lacked online multiplayer and high definition presentation, one could imagine that NBA Jam with those two features and all of the original game content could command $60."

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kpax1º1 @ 10/14/10 03:07 PM
Woah could possibly reach 60$.....smh

# 2 bigball12 @ 10/14/10 03:08 PM
Even better for me! I could be one of only 5 or so people in the world with the downloadable version!

# 3 murph17 @ 10/14/10 03:11 PM
greedy %#$*&#! although i'm not surprised, they have to make up the $$ they are not getting from NBA Elite.

i'll be waiting for you to hit the bargain bin NBA Jam

# 4 yungflo @ 10/14/10 03:24 PM
WHOA disc release! You mean they gonna charge $60 bucks for this game?! Man, it better be more than a remix tour and more unloackables!

If that's true then bigball12, got a demo lmao.

Man, who is manning EA? none of these choices, MOH, NBA ELITE, and now this..is looking good..

and Their studioes are legit! So who's messing everything up?

SMH.

60 bucks for an arcade game...The nba better let them release this under 42 bux(that's with tax!).

# 5 yungflo @ 10/14/10 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Even better for me! I could be one of only 5 or so people in the world with the downloadable version!
starting to think hard8times should have gotten that demo, so he can rag on the price for the inveitable price drop! XD

too bad you can't sell a digital copy, I think that violates end user License.

# 6 Mintsa @ 10/14/10 03:46 PM
I dont agree with this game being $60.00.....but......

I was gonna but Elite, since it's most likely not coming....so....it's kind of a wash.

But I do know I want this game.

# 7 Bellsprout @ 10/14/10 03:50 PM
I was this close to buying the Wii version today.

Guess I'll wait.

# 8 MrChainsaw @ 10/14/10 04:21 PM
The $60 price tag honestly doesn't bug me. I want this game really badly and have been itching to play it ever since it was announced that it would be included with Elite. Still a day 1 purchase for me, so much nostalgia.

# 9 NBAttacKeR @ 10/14/10 04:24 PM
I was planning on getting this. But come on 60$(and PROBABLY 70$ for us Canadians) is total bs, like come on for an arcade game? I am totally convinced that I shall pay 30$ for this game. I could go ahead and get Black Ops for 5$ more next month :/

# 10 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 10/14/10 05:19 PM
Hmmm... how much was this game when it was released on the SNES?
IF IT COSTS MORE NOW... THAT'S JUST CRIMINAL.

Maybe they'll release Mario Bros 3 for $60... apparently people will line up and pay "today's prices" for "yesterday's games".

Perhaps this is why games don't get better... ya think?

The same people that complain about innovation in sports games... wow, a game that only requires a d-pad and 2 buttons.

Seriously, people?

Why not release NBA Live 95 HD REMIX for $60? Apparently there's a market for it.
Merry Xmas.

# 11 GamerzIgnite @ 10/14/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak_Baki_Hanma

Maybe they'll release Mario Bros 3 for $60... apparently people will line up and pay "today's prices" for "yesterday's games".

Perhaps this is why games don't get better... ya think?

The same people that complain about innovation in sports games... wow, a game that only requires a d-pad and 2 buttons.

Seriously, people?

Why not release NBA Live 95 HD REMIX for $60? Apparently there's a market for it.
Merry Xmas.
Old cartridge games were expensive as hell (much more expensive to product that actual cartridges vs. discs). Like up to $75., actually.

But cmon now, it's a full featured game. Online, campaign, remix, etc. I dont care if the gameplay is 'arcade'...its still a lot of stuff. I have the Wii version and i've been getting a lot of hours out of it. $50-$60 should be reasonable.

# 12 donkey33 @ 10/15/10 12:55 AM
This has to hurt the Wii sales. I was going to pick up the Wii version and then download the 360 version but now I'll just wait for the full 360 on disc.

# 13 yungflo @ 10/15/10 02:46 AM
Quote:
i think it was 79.99, so no problems there.

# 14 DickDalewood @ 10/15/10 08:51 AM
I expected $60 seeing as the Wii version is $50 and isn't HD and DOESN'T include online. That's probably a little pricey, but it makes sense based on the other version.

I'll buy.

# 15 dickey1331 @ 10/15/10 09:36 AM
Yeah Ill be getting this too.

# 16 Bellsprout @ 10/15/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
If they were to rerelease Mario 3 with New Super Mario graphics, I would be first in line to buy it.

Just saying. I love me some side-scrolling Mario.

# 17 GamerzIgnite @ 10/15/10 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
If they were to rerelease Mario 3 with New Super Mario graphics, I would be first in line to buy it.

Just saying. I love me some side-scrolling Mario.
Seriously...didnt they actually just do that with the whole New Super Mario thing? Its an old game...old gameplay with the graphics updated and a new mode or two.

# 18 Bellsprout @ 10/15/10 11:28 PM
They did.

New Super Mario Bros. it was called.

And it's one of my favorite games ever.

# 19 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 10/16/10 10:32 AM
On what planet did a SNES nba jams game cost $80?... in Australia, maybe.
These games retailed for $29.99 - $39.99.

And if modern day devs don't even have to make new games to get your $60, what exactly do you expect from the future Live/Elite titles?

Hey, I've got Arch Rivals for $60... any takers?

No?... how bout Tecmo Bowl for $79.99? That's a 2-button+D-pad game too!
Uh Oh... the NEW TECMO BOWL IS AVAILABLE ON XBL WITH UPDATED GRAPHICS AND ONLINE PLAY FOR 10 DOLLARS!! WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT? A REASONABLY PRICED CLASSIC REBOOT.

Maybe if it was "supposed to be FREE with Madden" people would line up to pay full retail.

You gotta be kidding me.

Don't be gyro meat.

# 20 TheBadazz @ 10/16/10 03:43 PM
If $60 comes out to be the truth, Ea thinks we're suckers. NBA 2K11 = $60, NBA Jam = $60? Got to be a joke.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.