Home
NBA JAM News Post

Kotaku has just confirmed a disc release for the 360 and PS3 versions of NBA Jam.

Quote:
"The Wii version, released Oct. 5, included a "Remix Tour" mode that was to have become available as paid downloadable content for the PS3/360 NBA Jam download version. As the Wii version cost $50 and lacked online multiplayer and high definition presentation, one could imagine that NBA Jam with those two features and all of the original game content could command $60."

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Control-X @ 10/16/10 09:53 PM
First, it was announced it would come FREE along with Elite. Now that Elite is gone, NBA JAM will cost $60... WTF? An arcade game that costs $60? Is EA really out of their minds now, seriously? What's the matter with this EA company? smfh

# 22 DickDalewood @ 10/16/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
First, it was announced it would come FREE along with Elite. Now that Elite is gone, NBA JAM will cost $60... WTF? An arcade game that costs $60? Is EA really out of their minds now, seriously? What's the matter with this EA company? smfh
I still don't see the issue... It's $50 on the Wii, and that doesn't have online play.

It would only make sense that adding that feature, as well as adding HD would up it to $60.

No one complained about the Wii version, now everyone is ****ting bricks over the PS3/260 versions.

# 23 Control-X @ 10/16/10 10:26 PM
I'm planning to get the game. But come on at a pricey $60 for a "supposed-to-be-free" game from EA?
It don't even have a Michael Jordan in it! This arcade game BETTER be having more unlockables and stuff like legendary players included in there or the like to make up for that crazy 7th generation console price for the PS3/360!

# 24 dickey1331 @ 10/16/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I still don't see the issue... It's $50 on the Wii, and that doesn't have online play.

It would only make sense that adding that feature, as well as adding HD would up it to $60.

No one complained about the Wii version, now everyone is ****ting bricks over the PS3/260 versions.
Yeah I dont see a problem with it..

# 25 yungflo @ 10/17/10 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak_Baki_Hanma
On what planet did a SNES nba jams game cost $80?... in Australia, maybe.
These games retailed for $29.99 - $39.99.

http://blog.videogamepricecharts.com...ndo-games.html

# 26 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 10/17/10 09:35 PM
Quote:

You don't see the issue or you don't mind paying $60 for it?

The issue is obvious. Consumers were told they would be getting NBA Jam and NBA Elite for $60 plus tax. Now that numbers is $120 if consumers still want both.

Whether or not it's "worth it" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

# 27 DickDalewood @ 10/19/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
You don't see the issue or you don't mind paying $60 for it?

The issue is obvious. Consumers were told they would be getting NBA Jam and NBA Elite for $60 plus tax. Now that numbers is $120 if consumers still want both.

Whether or not it's "worth it" has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Based on the recent goings-on, I'd say you were getting NBA Jam for $60, and Elite for free

And like I said, the stand-alone pricing makes sense regardless. The Wii version is $50 and has less features... the PS3/360 versions have added features, therefor cost $10 extra.

# 28 metal134 @ 10/21/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
But it's not worth $50 on the Wii. Not even close. Not even if you cut that price in half.

# 29 DickDalewood @ 10/23/10 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
But it's not worth $50 on the Wii. Not even close. Not even if you cut that price in half.
Well, that's your opinion, and luckily, you have the option not to buy it

# 30 metal134 @ 10/23/10 03:40 PM
You're right. I won't be buying it.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.