Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

EA Sports MMA is available now, please post your impressions.

See the full press release, along with a launch trailer and new screenshots.

Go Beyond the Cage with Global Fighting Experiences, MMA Superstars and Innovative Online Features

*Check out all the new screenshots, right here.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - October 19, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), announced that EA SPORTS™ MMA is available in stores throughout North America starting today and will launch worldwide beginning October 22 and in Japan on November 11. EA SPORTS MMA, offering the most authentic, intense and broadest mixed martial arts experience to date, allows players to travel the world and learn a multitude of fighting techniques and skills. The game features a vast array of world-class fighters, and players can extend their gaming experience online through a first-of-its-kind feature - EA SPORTS Live Broadcast.

Fighters can further showcase their MMA skills to the world through EA SPORTS Live Broadcast in which players can create their own fighter and then produce a hype video to get noticed by an actual EA SPORTS promoter. Once selected by the EA SPORTS promoter, players will be able to have their fight broadcast online through EA SPORTS Live Broadcast, while a live commentator calls every move made during the fight. Moreover, each EA SPORTS Live Broadcast fight can be viewed on game consoles or online via the web.

“EA SPORTS MMA is the most immersive and authentic mixed martial arts experience available, bringing together great fighters, opportunities to train and fight internationally and features that allow players to prove their skills online to a wide audience,” said EA SPORTS MMA Executive Producer Dale Jackson. “EA SPORTS is excited to bring this highly anticipated title to mixed martial arts fans and help grow the popularity of the sport worldwide.”

EA SPORTS MMA provides the definitive mixed martial arts experience, featuring multiple disciplines, rule sets, locations and fighters from all over the world. Players can fight in a ring, hexagonal or circular cage, and the MMA environment comes to life with ring girls, corner men and referees. Ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. provides fighter introductions while Big John McCarthy officiates fights and MMA legend Frank Shamrock and commentator Mauro Ranallo call the action.

Through career mode, fighters will be able to train in locations around the world with legends of the sport such as Randy Couture, Pat Miletich, Rickson Gracie and Bas Rutten, visiting gyms in Japan, Brazil, Thailand and the U.S. While training internationally, players will teach their fighter new skills as they rise up the ranks to make it to one of the biggest stages in MMA – STRIKEFORCE.

Other key features within EA SPORTS MMA include:
  • Fighter Share – Players can put themselves into the world of MMA training and fighting and begin the quest to become a champion. They can upload photos of themselves and use Photo Game Face to create their own, personalized roster of fighters. Display and share these create-a-fighters via Fighter Share by uploading and browsing other created fighters. In addition, through Fighter Share players can download and try out any fighters created by the passionate EA SPORTS MMA community.
  • Customize Your Own Fight Card – Become a promoter and set up a night of fights with your friends. With the ability to host four fights per card with up to 10 people connected*, players can challenge each other to fights, and talk trash while friends provide commentary to the fight.
  • Total Strike Control – Through an intuitive control system for striking, elbow, knees and kicks, players can go on the offensive with Total Strike Control, providing the utmost flexibility for their fighters. EA SPORTS MMA also provides the flexibility for those who prefer fighting using face buttons with the Classic Control scheme.
Sherdog MMA Fighter Exchange Program brought to you by EA SPORTS MMA

Announced on October 11, EA SPORTS will be sponsoring the Sherdog MMA Fighter Exchange program, which mirrors EA SPORTS MMA’s career mode where young fighters travel the globe to learn various martial arts disciplines.

The program gives four up-and-coming fighters the opportunity to learn new fighting techniques and disciplines while training with STRIKEFORCE MMA superstars that appear in EA SPORTS MMA. Two North American fighters will train in Japan and Brazil under the tutelage of Luke Rockhold and Jason “Mayhem” Miller, while two international fighters, will be mentored by Gegard Mousasi and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza in the U.S.

Sherdog.com will provide a behind-the-scenes look throughout the fight camps with blog and video coverage of the fighters. After weeks of training, the four fighters will make their STRIKEFORCE debut, as an undercard, during the December 4 fight featuring Dan Henderson vs. Renato “Babalu” Sobral, which will be streamed online by Sherdog.com.

EA SPORTS MMA will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the iPhone® and iPod® touch.

For more information about EA SPORTS MMA, visit http://www.easportsmma.com or follow the game on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/easportsmma and Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/easportsmma.

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ManiacMatt1782 @ 10/19/10 10:18 AM
well the last 4-5 pages are impressions anyway it was time for the new thread

i cant wait to leave work and play some more, online is gonna be a blast

# 2 Phobia @ 10/19/10 10:27 AM
Sucks I got a bunch of school work I need to have completed before next week. So I will be tied up all week with that, THEN I leave for EA Vancouver on the 27th and come back the 30th.

So I will be without EA MMA for a little while. Sucks because I am addicted BAD!!!

Current career fighter is 19-1 and just almost lost vs Nick Diaz.

# 3 CaptainZombie @ 10/19/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
well the last 4-5 pages are impressions anyway it was time for the new thread

i cant wait to leave work and play some more, online is gonna be a blast
Too bad a mod couldn't just merge those last few impressions pages with this thread here.

# 4 360gamerdude @ 10/19/10 11:09 AM
Going through CAF here are some matching names i found

keith jardine
rich clementi
roger huerta
don frye
carlos newton
mark hunt
cory hill
Lee Murray
Evan Tanner
Jeremy Stevens
Murilo Bustamante
Dave Batista
Mark Coleman
Ben Askren
Dan Hornbuckle
Igor Vovchachyn
Charles Bennet
Kimbo Ferguson
Mark Kerr
Brock Larson
Hector Lombard
Chuck Leidell
Jason Lambert

There are also first names like :

BJ
Forrest
Brock
Tito
Cheick
Yushin
Drew
Nate
Thiago
Damian
Kazushi
Vitor
takanori
wanderlei
lyoto
James
anderson
antonio
CB

And last names like :

leites
santos
uno
nakamura
tanaka
filho
gomes
arona
villasenoir

# 5 Phobia @ 10/19/10 11:34 AM
With the photo game face and how easy it is to use. There is going to be a bunch of created UFC guys.

# 6 aholbert32 @ 10/19/10 11:58 AM
KJ Noons and Roger Huerta are also in the database.

# 7 DaveDQ @ 10/19/10 12:39 PM
I'm a little upset with how shallow the replay system is. It leaves little room to create quality highlights outside of big moments.

# 8 Phobia @ 10/19/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm a little upset with how shallow the replay system is. It leaves little room to create quality highlights outside of big moments.
I am kind of unsure myself. I thought there would be more options. But with that said, they added some more features yesterday with the patch. So maybe they just did not have everything included before the game is released.

Not sure yet but so far it is lacking badly. A FN4 replay feature would be PERFECT.

# 9 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/19/10 01:42 PM

Nice montage of knock outs. I know it's not an impression but, I didn't want to make a new thread for no reason.l

# 10 DaveDQ @ 10/19/10 01:44 PM
Where the offline replays are average at best, the online replays are truly impressive. I went to the leaderboards, selected the top guy and pulled up his recent fight. It's the entire fight from intros to each round. You can even switch the camera angle during the fight. The commentary is there, and while the commentary is lacking, it's rather nice to sit back and watch a fight that took place over Xbox Live.

You can even select fights from your friends list. I'm really wowed by this feature.

# 11 JoeMimic @ 10/19/10 02:00 PM
The stances for CAF have some interesting choices like Generic Pit Fighter aka Chuck Liddell and Generic Hawaiian Prodigy. I just had a three round fight with Lyman Good with my CAF and it says I lost by split decision and the scores were 30-30 23-30 25-30 yikes

# 12 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/19/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
It's the entire fight from intros to each round. You can even switch the camera angle during the fight. The commentary is there, and while the commentary is lacking, it's rather nice to sit back and watch a fight that took place over Xbox Live.

You can even select fights from your friends list. I'm really wowed by this feature.
Hopefully this will become a standard for sports games, like online dynasty is now.

# 13 DaveDQ @ 10/19/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Hopefully this will become a standard for sports games, like online dynasty is now.
I know. It's overdue in my book. I think the catch with this game is it's only for ranked leaderboard matches. I don't think you can save fights from Fight Card. But still, it's a very nice feature.

# 14 mgoblue @ 10/19/10 02:34 PM
Any single player impressions? I know a lot of you primarily play online, but I usually end up playing more offline....

I know with the UFC game this year everyone was wowed and then the issues started popping up...just waiting for the same thing to happen here lol

# 15 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/19/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I went to the leaderboards, selected the top guy and pulled up his recent fight. It's the entire fight from intros to each round. You can even switch the camera angle during the fight. The commentary is there, and while the commentary is lacking, it's rather nice to sit back and watch a fight that took place over Xbox Live.

That's sick! EA really did a great job on this feature. I know it's more difficult to do this for any other sports game but, being able to look at the entire match from start to finish is truly amazing and next gen in its own right.

I'm off tomorrow but, I'm really tempted to go home early.

# 16 JoeMimic @ 10/19/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Any single player impressions? I know a lot of you primarily play online, but I usually end up playing more offline....

I know with the UFC game this year everyone was wowed and then the issues started popping up...just waiting for the same thing to happen here lol
Offline seems pretty clinch happy to me. They try and clinch up almost immediately and come back to it quite often no matter who the fighters seem to be.

# 17 DaveDQ @ 10/19/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue

I haven't touched career mode yet. I did put in a few fight now fights. I feel the general game of MMA is well represented but some of the things that surround it are rough (commentary, intros etc.) But, those things aren't essential. I'll be sure to add some impressions when I get in more matches.

# 18 Phobia @ 10/19/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Offline seems pretty clinch happy to me. They try and clinch up almost immediately and come back to it quite often no matter who the fighters seem to be.
Depends on who you are fighting. In my career you can "scout" the fighter before. They all have different fight styles. I have fought guys who do nothing but kicks, guys who like to stand and bang, guys who love to clinch, and then the guys who go for take down after take down.

The important thing to note is if you are ALLOWING him to get the clinch. Then yes they will continue to try for it. But if you throw off a couple of their attempts you will see them starting to throw the hands more.

I saw this issue in the demo much more. In the retail I am not seeing it to often. They all seem to have a gameplan from my findings.

# 19 NYG_Meth @ 10/19/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
With the photo game face and how easy it is to use. There is going to be a bunch of created UFC guys.
How does gameface compare to FNR4's version? I thought FNR4's gameface was atrocious.

# 20 Phobia @ 10/19/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
How does gameface compare to FNR4's version? I thought FNR4's gameface was atrocious.
This is the first time I tried it. Wish I could help Meth

« Previous1234567891920Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.