Home
Football Manager 2011 News Post

The Football Manager 2011 demo is available in two flavors, strawberry and vanilla, both feature the first half of the 2010/2011 season. Games saved in the demo will be compatible with the full game, so aspiring managers can continue where they left off if they purchase Football Manager 2011.[/url]

Download it, play it and post your impressions here.

Here is a note from Miles Jacobson.

Quote:
"It has been reported, and now confirmed, that due to human error at our end, the Mac demo on Steam is an old build from a couple of weeks ago, and is thus a beta demo, not the gold demo.

We are working on getting the new version up there, and it will automatically update when it is live, but I'm told that if we're lucky, this will happen on Sunday evening, more likely Monday afternoon.

The Mac strawberry direct download, and torrent download, are both fine, and all of the PC versions available are fine.

I can only apologise for this mistake and hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the demo too much."

Game: Football Manager 2011Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Whitesox @ 10/21/10 03:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Downloading now.

# 2 ChubbyBanana @ 10/21/10 04:43 PM
Wow. Didn't know it was out already.

Will download when I get home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 3 Bruins @ 10/21/10 04:50 PM
Gonna wait for the non-Steam version. Don't like the idea of having to have a piece of software running just to run another...

# 4 MachoMyers @ 10/21/10 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Gonna wait for the non-Steam version. Don't like the idea of having to have a piece of software running just to run another...
Really? Steam is the business.

Downloading now. Going on trip this weekend so this will be running on my laptop.

# 5 Whitesox @ 10/21/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
I tried to resist steam at first, but eventually got sucked in. It is nice to have all of my games in one place.

Anyway, enjoying the demo, which shouldn't come as a surprise. New camera view is awesome, 3d engine looks so much better.

# 6 TheEnglishHombre @ 10/21/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Anyway, enjoying the demo, which shouldn't come as a surprise. New camera view is awesome, 3d engine looks so much better.
Definitely agree on this. Had stuck with 2D last year, but think I might make the switch. Elevated camera angle really lets me read the flow of the game well.

As for the rest of the game, playing fairly similar so far. Do like the Match Preperation; I think players always needed to adapt to a system/tactic, but it's nice to have some feedback on how they are doing in that regard. Being able to focus on specific things before each match (Set Pieces, Blending the team, etc.) is really cool, too, although I'm not far enough in to asses the impact. Looks like they've also made some changes to training: You can now focus each player on individual attributes, beyond just their regular training schedule.

# 7 Tomasperez9 @ 10/22/10 12:41 AM
Class and driving all day...just got home to Philly to see NLCS game 6 on Saturday, so I finally just got to my computer to download and install the demo. Guess who's not getting any sleep tonight?

# 8 rckabillyRaider @ 10/22/10 12:46 AM
Love the graphics upgrade and bigger player models during the match. Also like the changing weather during the match.

# 9 AFA_Falcons @ 10/22/10 12:47 AM
well there goes my sleep for a while

# 10 Tomasperez9 @ 10/22/10 01:01 AM
What's with no MLS in the demo? I was really pumped to play a demo as the U. Now I'm just gonna have to do my typical Liverpool demo save...

# 11 rckabillyRaider @ 10/22/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
What's with no MLS in the demo? I was really pumped to play a demo as the U. Now I'm just gonna have to do my typical Liverpool demo save...
Yeah, sucks. I'm done with the demo until the full game comes out. Just wanted to check out the new match engine and some of the new options. I'm sold though.

# 12 Perceptor @ 10/22/10 08:29 AM
Downloading now Perfect way to spend the weekend and also will be playing this when I'm on a beach somewhere in Maui lol

# 13 Tomasperez9 @ 10/22/10 12:01 PM
I love the small additions to the game. Player agents, offsides lines on disallowed goal replays, player pep talks when they're coming on off the bench, etc. Lovin' this right now.

# 14 mdbussen @ 10/22/10 01:05 PM
Yeah I think the player agents and conversations are two of the coolest additions. I like the idea of being able to talk things out with my players face-to-face if they are upset about anything. It gives a whole new feel of immersion that I think wasn't really there before with the squad management side of the game.

# 15 Whitesox @ 10/22/10 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
I love the small additions to the game. Player agents, offsides lines on disallowed goal replays, player pep talks when they're coming on off the bench, etc. Lovin' this right now.
Pretty sure that was in last year's version also.

# 16 Bruins @ 10/22/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Really? Steam is the business.
Quote:
I tried to resist steam at first, but eventually got sucked in. It is nice to have all of my games in one place.
FM is all of my games. My Macbook Pro is my main and only computer, and my gaming is all on consoles save for FM.

Like I said, having to install and run one piece of software just to run another doesn't make much sense, especially considering SI Games still puts out a stand-alone version of FM which is exactly the same.

Downloading the non-Steam demo now, can't wait to dive in.

# 17 Tomasperez9 @ 10/22/10 04:45 PM
Quote:
Really??? I had no idea.

# 18 BattalionBlazer @ 10/24/10 12:57 AM
Man...first ever time playing FM and I am so addicted to the freaking demo.
Went like 4-1 in preseason as Arsenal with only loss to Colorado (5-1...ouch) only to win our first regular season game against Man U 6-0

# 19 rsnomar05 @ 10/24/10 03:58 AM
Quote:
You can make the difference!

# 20 MachoMyers @ 10/24/10 05:45 AM
Started at Crystal Palace. All preseason I am getting blasted by my opponents and pundits saying I am definitely not staying in Championship after this season. I made a few moves to pick up some players on loan (Jay Emmanuel Thomas from Arsenal being the best). I have little to no spending (if you know Palace's situation you'll know why).

After several hours of tinkering my team and making my mentors are all setup I start the season as a big underdog at Reading. I survive the first half (8 shots for Reading, 1 shot for me) and just pour it on in the 2nd half and end up winning 3-0. I'll probably still get relegated but its just very encouraging to start out with 3 points.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.