Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch version 1.1 is available now for the PS3, check out the details.

Quote:
"Hey guys,
As many of you that booted up your PS3 this morning discovered, there is a new patch for NBA 2K11. This patch is to help address a couple online stability issues exclusively and does not touch anything else. We wanted to get this out there as soon as we could to see if we could knock them out so this patch was submitted much earlier in the process than usual and greenlit for immediate release (explaining why it's not available for 360 yet).

There will be the normal "kitchen sink" patch that will deal with much of your contributed feedback to Gameplay, My Player, etc. in the usual late November / early December timeline for the 360/PS3/PC. Let me repeat that nothing was changed in the patch that went up today that you will outwardly notice except maybe improvement to overall matchmaking. Do me a favor and keep me posted on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Ronnie2K) how online is the next few days!

The 360 patch will hit in the coming days. I will try to get a better timeline. Thanks!

Ronnie"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 himynameisangel @ 10/25/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Association glitches.

That post was really kind of ignorant. I don't mean to be rude but some of us do not want to wait two months to start our Associations.
I def. agree. I can only play so many play now "warm up" games. Really year in and year out I basically only play Association.And now with the real season starting tomarrow I'll already be falling behind. It would be nice if anybody from 2K could tell us if we would have to start association over for the patch to take effect. I'm one of those that plays every game.

# 62 younggrease @ 10/25/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Just wondering why this game NEEDS a patch, its awesome
online 3 point shooting is broken

# 63 Rocboyz101 @ 10/25/10 07:54 PM
Quote:
Association glitches.

That post was really kind of ignorant. I don't mean to be rude but some of us do not want to wait two months to start our Associations.
What exactly are you guys waiting for though? Just asking. I've been playing mine for awhile and I'm avoiding any glitches by not scheduling practices. Never did those since they unrealistically boost overalls over time. The patch goes straight into existing associations as always. Now my player, thats a different story apparently.

# 64 jeebs9 @ 10/25/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
No its not...you just don't know how to shot.

# 65 blues rocker @ 10/25/10 08:02 PM
ever since i dowloaded the patch i can't get past the first quarter on my season game...after the highlights at the end of the first quarter the game freezes up and i have to restart the system!!!! WTF

# 66 Rocboyz101 @ 10/25/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Uhh, lets see. To name a few:

One-Star trade values

Unrealistic trade frequency after year 3

Home court advantage overeffectiveness

We still don't know if we will have to restart our Associations for the patch to take effect.
- I forgot where I saw it but they definitely said we won't have to restart our associations when the patch comes. I know for a fact we didn't last year either.
- The one star trade values is tied to the development drills so you'll be alright on that front.
- I doubt I'm gonna play 3 full seasons before the patch comes out, so that won't bother me...I probably won't even get past year 1. lol
- The homecourt thing may affect my playoffs, but I'm no where near that yet.

You should start your association man... It'll give you something to do while we go through this long wait. If your a 12 minute quarter/82 games guy..you'll be alright. Even if your not, you should be fine. I was afraid to start mine too, but there are workarounds to almost all the glitches that will have to do until the patch.

# 67 Rawdeal28 @ 10/25/10 09:00 PM
@rocboys wrong. Last year they added dynamic attendance through a patch and u had to restart to get it. Other than gameplay fixes u will have to restart ur franchise. Its like that almost every year with 2K. Sucks cuz i have to wait to start my chise.

# 68 bichettehappens @ 10/25/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisangel
I def. agree. I can only play so many play now "warm up" games. Really year in and year out I basically only play Association.And now with the real season starting tomarrow I'll already be falling behind. It would be nice if anybody from 2K could tell us if we would have to start association over for the patch to take effect. I'm one of those that plays every game.
I'm fairly certain you would have to restart for the association aspects to take effect. Especially in regards to progression, trades, etc since in order for the patch to effect an existing franchise it would have to actually re-process and change the save file data for the association.

Also, another reason people (at least myself) are waiting for the patch to start an association is the 'black screen freeze'... I don't want to put a whole bunch of effort into a franchise only to have it freeze on me after playing 50 or however many games. I shouldn't have to manually back up my save files after each game in order to enjoy an association.

and hopefully the "can't you people read??" posts will stop now that I edited mine in big bold font...

# 69 ggsimmonds @ 10/25/10 09:14 PM
Late November/ early December? What the hell 2k?

The game does not have a huge list of things needing fixing, why such a long wait for the patch?

# 70 jrose57 @ 10/25/10 09:14 PM
i think u have to restart assocation after the patch if you want the effect to be in your assocation games, thats why everyone is just playing exhibition for now and everyone is so eager to start, so 2k GIVE US THE PATCH!

# 71 Rocboyz101 @ 10/25/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
@rocboys wrong. Last year they added dynamic attendance through a patch and u had to restart to get it. Other than gameplay fixes u will have to restart ur franchise. Its like that almost every year with 2K. Sucks cuz i have to wait to start my chise.
^That was a roster update that added that, that wasn't a patch. Thats why you had to restart. The patch last year went right into your association. I remember last year the patch that added contact and fixed the freeze after some saves went right into my association. Im pretty sure it was on twitter that ronnie said you won't have to restart your association this year, I know I'm not crazy. lol

# 72 Rawdeal28 @ 10/25/10 09:59 PM
Lol ur right that was a roster update., we gonna have to restart this year though. Im almost certain

# 73 LionsFanNJ @ 10/25/10 10:47 PM
I'd rather the patch take its time and have the fixes work right so there won't need a huge patch afterward or anything.

# 74 KyotoCarl @ 10/25/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
i think u have to restart assocation after the patch if you want the effect to be in your assocation games, thats why everyone is just playing exhibition for now and everyone is so eager to start, so 2k GIVE US THE PATCH!
Don't start demanding a patch. It was annoying last year so just wait for it and get it when the patch ia released. It's not like the game isn't playable without it.

# 75 chinkiwinki @ 10/26/10 12:11 AM
Im still pissed at the PS3's crazy high bank shots. Wish they'll just fix that already - they already know how since its all good on the 360

# 76 Mikelopedia @ 10/26/10 02:53 AM
Anyone else having these problems?
Im forced to use out of date rosters online.
I have lag now whereas i was lag free pre-patch
and 100% of the time if i abort waiting for opponent of searching for matches the game instantly freezes.

# 77 Mintsa @ 10/26/10 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadassMarsh
Anyone else having these problems?
Im forced to use out of date rosters online.
I have lag now whereas i was lag free pre-patch
and 100% of the time if i abort waiting for opponent of searching for matches the game instantly freezes.
Strange.....I've have non of these problems ????

- I use updated rosters
- no more lag then pre patch
- I can find matches instantly & no freezing at all.

# 78 NotoriousD @ 10/26/10 11:19 AM
The mics are still messed up online. Please fix.....

# 79 Boilerbuzz @ 10/26/10 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
The only thing I don't like about this is that I thought they said originally that a patch would be coming in two to three weeks to fix a lot of the problems surrounding the Assocation etc., yet now he is saying late November/early December? Am I the only one that remembers them saying this?
Where did you see this? Are you just blowing smoke?

# 80 Boilerbuzz @ 10/26/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
Online jumpshooting PERIOD is impossible. Too inconsistent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.