Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

I asked EA PR about the cancellation of NBA Elite 11, here is the official word, from PR.

Quote:
"Yes, we set ambitious quality goals for NBA ELITE, but the game is not ready."

Looks like previous reports were correct.

According to Kotaku...

Quote:
"Future development of that franchise will be handled at EA Tiburon in Orlando," EA COO John Schappert added, confirming previous reports that the Madden NFL studio would pick up where previous NBA Elite developer EA Canda left off."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 2kjunkie @ 11/02/10 05:35 PM
Was expected.

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 11/02/10 05:39 PM
Wow, has this ever happened w/ a sports title?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 3 Conda @ 11/02/10 05:41 PM
EA is all about money. Good move, money-wise.

# 4 AndyP @ 11/02/10 05:45 PM
The quality of games coming out of EA Canada is superior to Tiburon, FIFA and NHL, so quite what this means for EA basketball I have no idea. All that is left is an arcade game, surely...

# 5 CaCo666 @ 11/02/10 05:47 PM
I kind of wish my Clippers had pulled an EA this year and not played at all until next year when the team was "ready".

# 6 Dice @ 11/02/10 05:51 PM
This might be a good thing. Now they have a FULL two years to make a solid basketball game. Which means, they can actually start from scratch and get rid of all that old code that haunted the game for the past 15 years.

# 7 addybojangles @ 11/02/10 05:56 PM
Two words: Doug Littman.

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/02/10 05:58 PM
Not surprised, I knew it would be canceled, it wouldn't make sense to release a game mid season or near the end of the season of the sport your game suppose to be for.

# 9 Jukeman @ 11/02/10 06:12 PM
This has to be the biggest fail in the history of sports gaming...

I remember the hype machine this game had

# 10 rangerrick012 @ 11/02/10 06:18 PM
So long NBA Elite 11, hello NBA Live 12.

# 11 Cusefan @ 11/02/10 06:28 PM
Who Ever bought that copy of NBA Elite 11 on Ebay, do a happy dance because you sir are about to have alot of money...

# 12 bcruise @ 11/02/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Who Ever bought that copy of NBA Elite 11 on Ebay, do a happy dance because you sir are about to have alot of money...
He'd be doing an even happier dance if he hadn't opened it and played it...

# 13 Wiffyjustus @ 11/02/10 06:30 PM
I don't know if it is a good thing. One of those two years was spent going in a direction the fans generally didn't want.

it's effectively put them two years behind a AAA competitor.

...and changing developers too, it will take time for them to familiarize themselves with the product, let alone decide what to do with it.

The best way for them to go forward is to put an good honest years development into the game and build from there. Oh, and get a basketball visionary in charge. (If Mike Wang isn't free, why not ask Da Czar? :P)

They will need to take their lumps, they will have an inferior product for years to come.

I fear EA will just go down the 'let's add a new gimmick' path.

Better to be a promising young team that will be good in a couple of years than a lottery team that buys a prima dona star just to put bums on seats.

Winning down the road with that promising young team will ultimately put more bums on seats.

# 14 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/02/10 06:49 PM
The best thing about them being in Orlando is that they can use all the videogame majors who graduate from Full Sail and UCF, since both of those schools are in the Orlando area.

Plus they could use the local hoops talent in the area for feed back and mocaps. It is a lot easier to get an NBA player to come to florida then it is to Vancouver that is for sure.

# 15 khaliib @ 11/02/10 07:02 PM
For some reason folks think the extra time will mean a better game. Outside visual upgrades, Elite 11 will lack "THE" major component necessary for game improvement/developement, "Gamer Feedback" of the prior release.

2k will have feedback to improve their title, while EA will not. It will be interesting to see how EA's Elite/Live release will equal or surpass the standard gamer's expect after playing 2k11.

# 16 duke776 @ 11/02/10 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
He'd be doing an even happier dance if he hadn't opened it and played it...
It was never a sealed copy. The package was damaged(which is why the seller had the copies), and the game was in a different case with instruction booklets and the game I believe.

# 17 jyoung @ 11/02/10 07:29 PM
Mark basketball down as another "1-game" sport.

I miss the days of 3 and 4 developers competing for each sport.

# 18 statum71 @ 11/02/10 07:51 PM
This almost comes across like the next one will be their last crack at it.

# 19 rudeworld @ 11/02/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Wow, has this ever happened w/ a sports title?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
yes...they canned the 1st Madden on the PSone......

I dont think this is a good move for Madden if they pull resources from that team to help Elite....let's hope not

# 20 yungflo @ 11/02/10 08:20 PM
hope reanimator made it down there, he could memorize our concerns liker the back of his hand lol.

Would hate to see him go.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.