Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

I asked EA PR about the cancellation of NBA Elite 11, here is the official word, from PR.

Quote:
"Yes, we set ambitious quality goals for NBA ELITE, but the game is not ready."

Looks like previous reports were correct.

According to Kotaku...

Quote:
"Future development of that franchise will be handled at EA Tiburon in Orlando," EA COO John Schappert added, confirming previous reports that the Madden NFL studio would pick up where previous NBA Elite developer EA Canda left off."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Dizmatic @ 11/03/10 01:19 PM
Drop the Elite name. It will always be remembered as the game that couldn't compete with NBA 2K11.

# 42 Boilerbuzz @ 11/03/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The best thing about them being in Orlando is that they can use all the videogame majors who graduate from Full Sail and UCF, since both of those schools are in the Orlando area.

Plus they could use the local hoops talent in the area for feed back and mocaps. It is a lot easier to get an NBA player to come to florida then it is to Vancouver that is for sure.
I call this "throwing monkeys" at the process. When you have a bunch of green programmers working on major products, you get titles like - Madden. It hasn't worked yet for Tiburon, but I guess they can keep trying right?

# 43 miaturne @ 11/03/10 01:32 PM
Only proof that competition not only lifted the veil over EA's hype machine, but also exposed just how tacky and lackluster their game programing actually is. Competition will make Elite a better game two years from now, but... imagine if there were no NBA 2K 11 or major competitor to EA in the basketball.

NBA Elite 11 would have been released and sold as great. Just keeping it real.

# 44 MAzing87 @ 11/03/10 01:50 PM
So moving the basketball game to Triburon a good thing? Will they attempt to grab the NBA license? Hey just a thought.

# 45 carnalnirvana @ 11/03/10 02:51 PM
i wonder what effect this will have on madden and possibly ncaa(if its developen there i am not sure)

the extra time means nothing if they dont have the right focus and vision of the sport.

i projected my glorious return to ea b-ball will be 2012, i'll give them the 2 yrs to recover and upgrade their initial effort......

# 46 Cusefan @ 11/03/10 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Now I can be even more excited! I am one of the only people in the world that will ever have this game!

You should petition EA to create a patch for you

# 47 CX1329 @ 11/03/10 05:07 PM
I have no idea whether or not they will keep the "Elite" name for 2011. I mean, when I think of NBA Live, I imagine a series that has a long history and tradition. Sure, there were some horrible, horrible NBA Live titles, but it was still NBA Live. The name had a lot of significance.

When I think of NBA Elite, I just imagine dudes jumping like they're on pogo sticks, Rondo jacking up fadeaway threes at the end of the game, being able to score 25 points in 5 minutes, and Jesus Bynum. I'm all for NBA Live being brought back.

However, to remain on topic, I must say that I'm really skeptical as to what the future of the franchise will be like under Tiburon. Will they attempt to innovate yet again, or will they really pick up from where EA Canada left off? What is the vision and the philosophy of the development team? Will they try to make the game as sim as possible, or appease to the masses? How will they change the game so as to better represent the fundamentals of NBA basketball? With EA Canada and Mike Wang, the answers to these questions were clear. Without Mike Wang, they became a little fuzzy, and now, I'm completely clueless. I'm hoping the Tiburon devs can come aboard and enlighten us about their plans before long.

# 48 daniverson1973 @ 11/03/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmatic
Drop the Elite name. It will always be remembered as the game that couldn't compete with NBA 2K11.
this quote, my fellow gamer, is oh, so true
i dont even know what to do with live10 now, i guess i'll trade it in towards something else
but the silver lining in all of this, is i took my rose-colored EA glasses off finally and discovered NBA2K is FOR REAL!!!
this is a sad situation in reality for a lot of baller fans, including myself, but life goes on, even for the gamer

# 49 daniverson1973 @ 11/03/10 08:06 PM
i dont mean to be intentionally negative, and dont have any agenda, but this has really rocked me to the point where i will not enteratain anymore discussions regarding video basketball games from ea, im done, i wont discuss it or play it probably ever again (with good reasons)
so goodbye and farewell to the NBA ELITE OS FORUMS from me

peace out live, i loved you while you lasted

# 50 buttsakk @ 11/03/10 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
What you guys also need to consider is the guys from Tiburon NOW have to spend a large amount of time figuring out how everything runs and what they can or can't do.
Bingo.

I wonder how many Developers they have on site, and how many are devoted to each I.P.

Man, I can say without a doubt that Triburon is slightly freaking out right now.

# 51 ashantewarrier @ 11/03/10 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
i dont mean to be intentionally negative, and dont have any agenda, but this has really rocked me to the point where i will not enteratain anymore discussions regarding video basketball games from ea, im done, i wont discuss it or play it probably ever again (with good reasons)
so goodbye and farewell to the NBA ELITE OS FORUMS from me

peace out live, i loved you while you lasted
Yep! Look at the crap EA releases called MADDEN.

# 52 eye guy @ 11/04/10 05:38 AM
So, they're going from bad to worse?

# 53 Dachozen1 @ 11/04/10 08:25 AM
I'm with whoever said they should bring NBA Street back...even though its an arcade game its probably the best basketball game EA has put out besides Live 10...

As for NBA Elite being officially canceled...real time physics my ***

# 54 sportyguyfl31 @ 11/04/10 08:46 AM
I think the biggest travesty is that the developers who have worked hard, and have interacted with us, are the ones who will be falling on their swords for this, due to boardroom incompetence.

Heads have to roll for this, at the executive level, no?

# 55 Hova57 @ 11/04/10 08:47 AM
I don't this is a bad. To me obviously Tiburon is using Physics applications and using it similar to what is being done with NBA Elite. There is a fix list for this game before it was moved so they will go forward with that . You will get the game they were suppose to release this year. you may get signature moves and injuries. if they can right the ship and make a decent game . EA has been carpooling ideas for a couple of years so some of the app prob isn't that hard for them to deal with

# 56 BestSportsGamerAlive @ 11/04/10 09:44 AM
I think 2ksports made these guys tap out..

# 57 mike24forever @ 11/04/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsGamerAlive
I think 2ksports made these guys tap out..
It's post like this that makes me think there should be a one month period where new members cannot post anything! It seems most new members (2010), spent their formative educational years on the short school bus licking the windows! The user name and my gut tells me that this person has been recently banned and started a new account!

It's a shame that this title went in the direction it went! I wish EA would have built on what they had last year! 2K is an awesome title, and with the lack of any college basketball games, ES removing it's game leaves a hole in the market! Too bad!

# 58 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/10 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
The NFL put its license up for sale. EA just bid the highest. Just to be fair.
LOL. Fair? NFL never gave Take Two a chance to counter the EA bid. Just to be "fair".

# 59 Boilerbuzz @ 11/04/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I think the biggest travesty is that the developers who have worked hard, and have interacted with us, are the ones who will be falling on their swords for this, due to boardroom incompetence.

Heads have to roll for this, at the executive level, no?
None of the guys from EA that have come on here are falling on a sword. Unless I missed someone.

# 60 sroz39 @ 11/04/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I don't this is a bad. To me obviously Tiburon is using Physics applications and using it similar to what is being done with NBA Elite. There is a fix list for this game before it was moved so they will go forward with that . You will get the game they were suppose to release this year. you may get signature moves and injuries. if they can right the ship and make a decent game . EA has been carpooling ideas for a couple of years so some of the app prob isn't that hard for them to deal with
So is EAC with the NHL series. And doing it better, IMO. I've yet to play a Madden game on these consoles without wondering about why the physics of the game are so out of whack. Madden is a very fun football game, I just wouldn't call it overly realistic. If Tiburon could achieve the same level of gameplay in Elite, I wouldn't be disappointed. I just don't see how they'll be able to do so for the release of Live/Elite 12, which is why I will never understand why EA would pull this game from EAC at this point in time, when they're more familiar with the RTP in Elite than anyone else. There's got to be more to this story.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.