Home
NHL 11 News Post

Alain Quinto states...

... barring any issues from 1st party, we should expect the NHL 11 patch on November 9th. Expect a blog later this week from Nate Ng.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PhillsPhan26 @ 11/04/10 08:56 PM
I am not hanging my hopes up high on this at all.

# 42 LuGer33 @ 11/04/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Is there a patch list?
There's going to be a blog detailing the changes. My guess is late this week or early next week.

# 43 OddyOh @ 11/05/10 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I hope this patch fixes some of the offline issues.
I don't want to rag, but the NHL series is quickly becoming an online only series.
This is how I feel as well...the conspiracy theorist wonders if they break the offline modes on purpose, trying to lure us online. Surely not, but since they don't make any extra money from offline players like they do online, hard to see why they wouldn't. I respect the hard work of the devs, but the higher ups at EA, not so much.

I'll be hanging on to my NHL 10 until this patch comes out, we'll know quickly if NHL11 is playable this year or not. Next year, I'll wait for the first roster and patch before I buy...not worth the drama this year.

# 44 Franchizz @ 11/05/10 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddyOh
This is how I feel as well...the conspiracy theorist wonders if they break the offline modes on purpose, trying to lure us online. Surely not, but since they don't make any extra money from offline players like they do online, hard to see why they wouldn't. I respect the hard work of the devs, but the higher ups at EA, not so much.

I'll be hanging on to my NHL 10 until this patch comes out, we'll know quickly if NHL11 is playable this year or not. Next year, I'll wait for the first roster and patch before I buy...not worth the drama this year.
Frankly, I would advise doing that for all subsequent releases, if for no other reasons than to pick up a used copy for half the price a few months down the road. If everyone began to start doing that, it might well motivate EA to bother fixing their game before it is released.

# 45 Redshirt_EA @ 11/05/10 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
You're right, but it's different code, Redshirt himself said they cannot touch Broadcast cam via patch.
I'm pretty sure I never said that. I could have said something to the effect of we couldn't do it in the scope of what we were changing for a specific patch, but not that it isn't possible.

# 46 Redshirt_EA @ 11/05/10 11:23 AM
Sounds like it could end up being different days for PS3 and 360, with PS3 being on schedule and 360 delayed a bit.

# 47 Qb @ 11/05/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
Sounds like it could end up being different days for PS3 and 360, with PS3 being on schedule and 360 delayed a bit.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, even if it is bad news for some of us.

# 48 slickdtc @ 11/05/10 12:07 PM
Sweeeeet. Very excited to get crackin' on my Flyers BaGM. I love the game, but I can only play exhibitions and with other teams for so long before I start yearning for the Orange & Black.

Good thing I'm on PS3. Typically, PS3 is the one left in the cold when dealing with stuff like this, so I can't help but chuckle a bit to myself that the 360 version may be delayed a bit while PS3 is on schedule. Seriously though, thanks for the heads up.

# 49 bad_philanthropy @ 11/05/10 12:11 PM
I'm just curious to know when we'll get the list of patch fixes and if anything can be done regarding BaGM and superstars in the AHL.

Even if things could be tuned so that when you start a BaGM it automatically adjusts the salary cap to a ceiling that accomodates the team that is the highest dollar value over. I would much rather play my BaGM with a non-authentic salary cap figure than have the mess that the rosters become because of it.

# 50 Gangrel @ 11/05/10 01:07 PM
Uhm, they released another roster update the other day that cures the superstars in the AHL thing.......

I just started a new GM mode last night and it is cured.

# 51 Qb @ 11/05/10 01:11 PM
BP, I think the re-issued roster update corrects the AHL demotion problem. Not sure on how it works, but it was an issue at release and was corrected with a roster update. For some reason -- again don't know the details -- the problem was re-introduced with the 11/2 update. However, EA released another update on 11/4 solely to fix the problem:

Quote:
"Hey guys,

As you guys know there are some issues within the current roster update. We are planning on releasing a new one tonight. The New update will correct some of the issues such as the Be A Gm Star player issue, and a few roster bugs. However no player movements have been done since we last released a update, this is strictly a update to fix issues. We will be fixing the goalie equipment issue as soon as possible with another interim update. Sorry for any inconvenience guys.

Thanks,
Gurn "
One important thing to note is that teams will send high-end NHL players to the AHL during the preseason to get around the 23-man roster restriction. However, the CPU teams should now be recalling their best players for the regular season. At least that's how I understand it; haven't had the time to play around with it this week.

# 52 canucksss @ 11/05/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddyOh

well the theories that EA is focusing on online gamers because they could "milk more money" from their consumers might be TRUE. Tuners, roster updates (doing what they are doing with roster updates somehow silver members of LIVE cant access them) are good examples to solify the theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchizz
Frankly, I would advise doing that for all subsequent releases, if for no other reasons than to pick up a used copy for half the price a few months down the road. If everyone began to start doing that, it might well motivate EA to bother fixing their game before it is released.
I am really leaning towards this next year. I purchased my NHL 2011 last week of September, thinking that its just a week away from roster update. I was wrong and most of the bugs in the previous year (XP, unrealistic trades by CPU etc) are still in 2011. Since EA dont address this issue PRIOR to releasing their product, I will hold to my hard earned $$$ before purchasing.

Good thing is that 2K will release their product next year, hopefully this will compete with EA and I will buy the best product according to my likings.

Quote:
sorry, but could you give us at least a specific date when this is released? i mean after broadcasting it that the update will take place on Nov 9, now the delayed for 360 users. I think 360 users deserve to hear when it will take place in 360.

# 53 Woo-Hoo-1 @ 11/05/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
PS3 owner here, so I'm OK with that. :-)

But seriously, is it definitely "official" that the patch will come out on November 9? Looking forward to getting my season officially underway.

Appreciate all your hard work, Redshirt!

# 54 Redshirt_EA @ 11/05/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
well the theories that EA is focusing on online gamers because they could "milk more money" from their consumers might be TRUE. Tuners, roster updates (doing what they are doing with roster updates somehow silver members of LIVE cant access them) are good examples to solify the theory.
Any delays are on the MS end. Seems they have some thing called Kinect coming out that has them pretty busy. Does that solify the theory too?

# 55 bad_philanthropy @ 11/05/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
BP, I think the re-issued roster update corrects the AHL demotion problem. Not sure on how it works, but it was an issue at release and was corrected with a roster update. For some reason -- again don't know the details -- the problem was re-introduced with the 11/2 update. However, EA released another update on 11/4 solely to fix the problem:

One important thing to note is that teams will send high-end NHL players to the AHL during the preseason to get around the 23-man roster restriction. However, the CPU teams should now be recalling their best players for the regular season. At least that's how I understand it; haven't had the time to play around with it this week.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea. This is actually a nice attention to detail by EA then that the cpu would play prospects in the pre-season. Obviously an expanded roster would be more ideal, but at least the pre-season isn't just regular NHL'ers playing meaningless games.

# 56 kestrel @ 11/05/10 04:17 PM
Podcast has some patch info: http://www.facebook.com/easportsnhl/...63305497036258

EDIT: emphasis on some, as in very little.

# 57 goosedennis @ 11/05/10 04:41 PM

SRSLY

# 58 The Visualizer @ 11/05/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Any delays are on the MS end. Seems they have some thing called Kinect coming out that has them pretty busy. Does that solify the theory too?
Redshirt, I appreciate your clarification and all your interactions with the community at OS, but you don't even need to acknowledge these smucks and their childish conspiracy theories, you're above that man

# 59 Blueland @ 11/05/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Made me laugh. As a 360 user, hope Microsoft can get the patch through sooner rather than later

# 60 canucksss @ 11/05/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
i really appreciate your work in informing us here, please dont get me wrong.

but my question is this: how come that every time EA release this product, it seems that it didnt pass through extensive quality test. perfect example is the roster update, that you need to re-release another one to cure the AHL bug which could have been prevented if it was properly tested. (again, i appreciate EA for correcting them immediately).

Regarding tuner updates, most of these are answering the problems of ONLINE not offline. Why is it that offline users (using BaGM mode) are seems being left out? THink whatever, but somehow this kind of actions of EA leave offline patrons feels being left out.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.