Home
NHL 11 News Post

The NHL 11 title update and tuner v2.0 is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Want to know what's in the patch? Click here.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bradigor @ 11/12/10 06:54 PM
Another couple of online games done and I am in love with NHL 11 all over again. It plays like a good solid game of hockey, no 2 games have been the same since the patch. Loads of different goal types, plenty of scrambles at the crease, hits seem spot on. It is no longer possible to deke around an entire team (Datsyuk excluded) and the puck is looser once again.

# 22 misch13fRoyale @ 11/12/10 08:25 PM
ive actually been experimenting with 15 min periods, and im getting realistic NHL numbers... and gameplay!! kinda excited about that!!

# 23 TNKNGM @ 11/12/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
ive actually been experimenting with 15 min periods, and im getting realistic NHL numbers... and gameplay!! kinda excited about that!!
What game speed?

# 24 Vikes1 @ 11/12/10 11:01 PM
I've only played one game so far with the patch/tuner. So I'm far from ready to really give a fair opinion.

Things got pretty thrown out of whack I think due to the cpu taking five dumb roughing penalties. [set to authentic post whistle] With my usual settings pre patch/tuner, with 10 minute periods...the SOG numbers were almost always very realistic, as well as TOA.

But post patch/tuner [with all the cpu penalties] I out shot the cpu 48-23, and nearly doubled their TOA. Of course I need a bigger sample size, but although playing only one game...I got the feeling I may need to up the aggression sliders a bit. I play on All-Star/Normal, with the aggression sliders at 4. I think I may up it to 5, depending on how things go with the next few games.

All in all though...still digging NHL '11' a lot. And due to effective sliders [thank you EAC] Most issues I've ran across, I've been able to pretty much fix with slider adjustments. What a huge plus to have sliders that actually work!

# 25 DJ @ 11/12/10 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I've only played one game so far with the patch/tuner. So I'm far from ready to really give a fair opinion.

Things got pretty thrown out of whack I think due to the cpu taking five dumb roughing penalties. [set to authentic post whistle] With my usual settings pre patch/tuner, with 10 minute periods...the SOG numbers were almost always very realistic, as well as TOA.

But post patch/tuner [with all the cpu penalties] I out shot the cpu 48-23, and nearly doubled their TOA. Of course I need a bigger sample size, but although playing only one game...I got the feeling I may need to up the aggression sliders a bit. I play on All-Star/Normal, with the aggression sliders at 4. I think I may up it to 5, depending on how things go with the next few games.

All in all though...still digging NHL '11' a lot. And due to effective sliders [thank you EAC] Most issues I've ran across, I've been able to pretty much fix with slider adjustments. What a huge plus to have sliders that actually work!
Where do you have CPU Difficulty set at, Vikes? I think that will make a difference as well. I had the same problem with shots and TOA, too, in my last game. I've got CPU Difficulty @ 4, but may go up to 6. I need to check my aggression sliders as well.

# 26 Kbs @ 11/13/10 12:13 AM
The only thing holding this tuner set back is that players are falling all over the place.

I had a player standing still and I started to skate and he fell down...

Another time, I got the puck and fell down. The guy I was playing against picked the puck up, and fell right after. Looked pretty funny, but it can be frustrating because it's so unrealistic.

# 27 Vikes1 @ 11/13/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Where do you have CPU Difficulty set at, Vikes? I think that will make a difference as well. I had the same problem with shots and TOA, too, in my last game. I've got CPU Difficulty @ 4, but may go up to 6. I need to check my aggression sliders as well.
Hey DJ.

I have the cpu difficulty slider set at 0.

I've never dared to mess with raising it, because of my history of struggling on AS. I plan on playing a few more games to see if there's really an issue for me, before I make any changes.

A very good thing is Dan...there's so many options to choose from settings wise, to adjust things for yourself. Using the Hardcore setting has always been a great cure for me in getting the cpu SOG and TOA numbers up....sometimes too far.

Oh DJ...I should tell ya I've shaken out of my scoring slump! Even before this last patch/tuner, I've been scoring 3 to 4 goals per game! Granted I'm using Auto-aim. But even with using AA before...I still wasn't scoring much....till now. I think the difference is, I'm using a bit more patience when shooting.

# 28 Steven547 @ 11/13/10 02:49 AM
Back to the slider board for me. Since this update, I've shut out the CPU in 3 straight games. They can't seem to find a goal due to the update slowing the CPU goalie.

# 29 BleacherCreature @ 11/13/10 10:25 AM
The CPU doesn't seem to shoot as much now.
In my last 2 games vs the Crapitals and the Sabres they hardly shot, yet I lost both games.
First was 5-4 in OT and they had 21 shots. Second I lost 2-1 and they only had 13 (including a total of 3 over the first 2 periods).
I do like the different awareness from my D though, as it seems that rating makes more of a difference now.
I may be glutton for punishment though as the CPU is scoring a lot against me so wishing for more shots from them could be a bad thing.
I haven't looked yet but my GAA and save % must be through the roof.

# 30 jyoung @ 11/13/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
confirming this online vs games arent counting but showing up in recent games
Haven't played any games today, but as of last night, online games still weren't being recorded.

Definitely a major issue.

# 31 canucksss @ 11/13/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
Is anyone else experiencing very low penalties offline? I've played 3 games so far and the cpu has not taken more than 1 per game and I'm playing with 13 minute periods.
with my BGM slider, the penalty set at CPU Teammates at max and for the CPU is 5 (out of 6) yest i noticed that not much penalties are called. i might adjust CPU's to max and see what will be the outcome.

# 32 JimmyDeicide @ 11/13/10 06:42 PM
Do i have to restart my season for the patch to to be in effect or is it a universal thing and just change everything already in progress?

# 33 Drukman @ 11/13/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Do i have to restart my season for the patch to to be in effect or is it a universal thing and just change everything already in progress?
no restart required

# 34 Fiddy @ 11/13/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Hey pal your in the wrong forum. This patch isn't for NHL 2k10 lol. I never see you on NHL 11.

But seriously no restart should be required.

# 35 DevilsEve666 @ 11/13/10 09:38 PM
qUESTION: is this the 1st patch that has been released for NHL 11?

because i would like to be able to delete the patch if i don't like it, but as you all probably know you can only clear your x-box cache memory to get rid of ALL patches not just the latest patch...so please tell me this is the first one...

# 36 JimmyDeicide @ 11/14/10 01:13 AM
First one.

# 37 Vikes1 @ 11/14/10 02:43 AM
After three games now, I feel fairly safe in saying I'm happy with the patch/tuner. A matter a fact....very happy.

After that kinda strange first game I played vs the Hurricanes, with them taking all those dumb roughing penalties...the next two games were just a blast! And quite realistic in results, and a good mix of game types. I was snuffed out 3-0 in the second game, and came from behind to win 2-1 in the third game. Man...that was satisfying.

My main goal with any sports game is....of course having fun, and having no idea at the start of each game if I'll win/lose. I have both of those now with this years game.

I am noticing at least a bit of the upped defensive AI aggressiveness, not a big difference...but some. Also the slight decrease with the cpu goalies acceleration is also noticeable. I scored both a game tying and game winner with garbage goals in the crease. Could be a coincidences...but I never scored garbage goals like that pre patch/tuner. Again...liking what I see so far.

# 38 TIm @ 11/14/10 06:18 AM
See I'm different from alot of you.. It sounds like we may have to hit up the sliders whoever we are...

Let me first start by saying I Love the patch... I am very happy with it as far as gameplay wise... What I'm not happy with is Post Patch, I let anywhere between 4 and 8 Goals a game... I only won 1 game out of 5 because of this..Before I was getting pretty good games and a good difference of results.. I'm going to give this about 5 more games before I hit the sliders just to give it a good feel... Back to playing....

# 39 TIm @ 11/14/10 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
See I'm different from alot of you.. It sounds like we may have to hit up the sliders whoever we are...

Let me first start by saying I Love the patch... I am very happy with it as far as gameplay wise... What I'm not happy with is Post Patch, I let anywhere between 4 and 8 Goals a game... I only won 1 game out of 5 because of this..Before I was getting pretty good games and a good difference of results.. I'm going to give this about 5 more games before I hit the sliders just to give it a good feel... Back to playing....
Wow..... It's a scorefest.... I'm BOS winning SJ 7-6 in middle of 2nd... I'm not liking this game... It seems like just fire and score... I scored 3 from just throwing puck from point

Alright.. Went into OVertime and I BOS beat SJ 11-10.... I NEVER had a high scoring game like that... This stinks

Should mention above when I said I didn't like the game, I meant the Match I was playing in... With Sliders, Hopefully has potential... Because High scoring affairs, I don't want them.. Frankly it's boring.. I will play later and get some sliders Can't wait... A new challenge

# 40 Fiddy @ 11/14/10 07:26 AM
TIm, how many minute periods you playing?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.