Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

IGN has just posted their Fight Night Champion hands-on preview.

Quote:
"While I got the chance to play Fight Night Champion at a San Francisco event, the gameplay wasn't the significant departure that I was just talking about (though there are plenty of changes that we'll get into later). Instead, EA Sports seems to be making a huge push to bring the story of a boxer into the game with the new Champion Mode. The small piece of gameplay that we got to see from Champion Mode showed our fighter in a boxing match in prison. Yes, you read that right. Your introduction to the mode is a bare-knuckle brawl and it's just as bloody as you'd expect. It's more of a tutorial than anything, but given the fact that your corner man mentions your dad's death and that you need to "knock this ****er on his ***" to win makes it clear that the mode takes this game in a very different direction."

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vast @ 11/12/10 09:31 PM
I do like that the punches now have their own ratings. I do like the sound of the bell rung state.
I'm interested to see how the blocking turns out. Glad there is no slow motion parry anymore.
Hopefully the footwork and Stamina has been improved man.

I'm not liking the sound of the training in Legacy mode. Are you telling me if i want to work on my endurance and stamina i have to travel to Big Bear California?? And if i want to work on my toughness i gotta go to Philly?? Thats just plain silly man if its true. I can stay in my hometown and work on anything i want and improve if i train hard enough. True that if you're from those places you should get a boost in those attributes, but a boxer shouldn't have to travel to those places just to work on that skill.

# 2 Jukeman @ 11/12/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I do like that the punches now have their own ratings. I do like the sound of the bell rung state.
I'm interested to see how the blocking turns out. Glad there is no slow motion parry anymore.
Hopefully the footwork and Stamina has been improved man.

I'm not liking the sound of the training in Legacy mode. Are you telling me if i want to work on my endurance and stamina i have to travel to Big Bear California?? And if i want to work on my toughness i gotta go to Philly?? Thats just plain silly man if its true. I can stay in my hometown and work on anything i want and improve if i train hard enough. True that if you're from those places you should get a boost in those attributes, but a boxer shouldn't have to travel to those places just to work on that skill.
Yea they got carried away with that one...Going to brazil to work on jiu jitsu is good but going to Philly to toughen up is

# 3 Vast @ 11/12/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Yea they got carried away with that one...Going to brazil to work on jiu jitsu is good but going to Philly to toughen up is
Hahah. I don't even gotta go to Brazil to learn Jiu-Jitsu. I can just go to the Jiu-Jitsu Dojo that's in every major City.

Money should be spent on equipment, trainers, travel expenses, tournaments, food, supplements, better equipment, better trainers, etc.

It shouldn't be "Damn im short 200$ so i can't go to Philly and work on my toughness. I'll save up for it after my next fight."
Thats just crazy man. Hopefully IGN got that wrong.
These guys seriously need me as a Producer for this game. I'll do it for cheap. Holla at me.

# 4 Dazraz @ 11/13/10 04:23 AM
I don't really go for the career modes in Fight Night. It's normally a game I play with a few buddies. What I would like is a multiplayer tournament mode to compete in.
This game needs a big injection in presentation in regards to the pre & post fight scenes & the commentary.

# 5 eeyor @ 11/13/10 06:55 AM
Quote:
One question then. Why does any boxer train with coaches and staff outside their hometown. Why do they change training facilities & staff? Because one coach is better in this and the other in that. Okay it might sound dump for endurance and such stuff but it is something happening in real life.

# 6 Kanobi @ 11/13/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Exactly. For example, You should be able to work on everything in Big Bear but the boosts to stamina and endurance would be higher vs if you trained in Philly. EA should try to correct that before launch if possible but it sounds like a done deal unfortunately.

# 7 bigeastbumrush @ 11/13/10 09:23 AM
Did they bring back the 'cutman mode' (don't know the name for it) from 2-3 years ago in between rounds?

I loved that but I know most hated it.

Something tells me to pass on this game...

# 8 huskerwr38 @ 11/13/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
ian_cummings Fight Night Champion is M-rated, and f'ing amazing. I played an early build right before I left. Its definitely going to wow folks.
I have high hopes for this game.

# 9 SHAKYR @ 11/13/10 02:17 PM
Quote:
Wow, you are serious too! Your boxing knowledge isn't that good, huh?

# 10 DaveDQ @ 11/13/10 04:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with adding geological locations to the flavor of training. Seriously, what is wrong with that? I'm not trying to call anyone out by why on earth does that bother someone to the point that it would shed negative light on the game?

In fact, I know of cases in wrestling (not wwe) where a wrestler went to a different trainer for the sole reason of sharpening one respective skill. There's nothing wrong with emphasizing that by adding a geological touch.

# 11 Jukeman @ 11/13/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Wow, you are serious too! Your boxing knowledge isn't that good, huh?
????????

What does my comment have to do with being knowledgable about boxing?

The concept of traveling to my hometown btw to get tough is crazy.

FYI, I come from a family of boxers/trainers and once boxed myself...I have 5 amateur bouts under me...

In fact my pop just went to Carolina for a boxing tourney as a trainer...

# 12 Jukeman @ 11/13/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
One question then. Why does any boxer train with coaches and staff outside their hometown. Why do they change training facilities & staff? Because one coach is better in this and the other in that. Okay it might sound dump for endurance and such stuff but it is something happening in real life.
Dude I been in many gyms, rarely are there anybody from Cali coming to Philadelphia to train for a fight...

Locally maybe like Jersey or even New England

# 13 Armor and Sword @ 11/14/10 03:56 PM
I am so pumped up for this game!!!

# 14 koolbubbaice @ 11/14/10 04:37 PM
I like the M rating.. But the traveling tells me the developers are clueless & is probably intended to make the game harder & more tedious.. Lack of funds.. Can't get tough in philly.. & the ring my bell stun punch is just another silly name.. Does marketing take polls on what names for unnecessary special punches.. In my days of watching boxing, when a fighter got hurt, the term was, he's on queer street & it's time to mug him..AKA, take him out. I guess that's not PC. Enough with the special punches & lame names given to them to make them sound important. Get the fundamentals right & everything falls into place.

# 15 allBthere @ 11/14/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Dude I been in many gyms, rarely are there anybody from Cali coming to Philadelphia to train for a fight...

Locally maybe like Jersey or even New England
why is this becoming the big issue? who cares? If it makes the game and training actually FUN then send the boxers to a space station for all I care. I want the damn thing to be better in the ring, and have way more options outside the ring.

# 16 Jukeman @ 11/14/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
why is this becoming the big issue? who cares? If it makes the game and training actually FUN then send the boxers to a space station for all I care. I want the damn thing to be better in the ring, and have way more options outside the ring.
Then drop it and move along

# 17 acarrero @ 11/15/10 12:35 AM
I'm curious about the blocking. I want to be able to chose which parts I protect. If I use a boxer with a good chin but vulnerable to body I might want to give protecting body more emphasis. I don't know if the reflex system is programmed to include this. Also, if I am badly cut, I will want to protect the eye and be willing to leave body more exposed. Don't know if we will have these choices.

# 18 SHAKYR @ 11/15/10 02:21 AM
Quote:
????????

What does my comment have to do with being knowledgable about boxing?

The concept of traveling to my hometown btw to get tough is crazy.

FYI, I come from a family of boxers/trainers and once boxed myself...I have 5 amateur bouts under me...

In fact my pop just went to Carolina for a boxing tourney as a trainer...
I had 46 amateur fights with 9 amateur titles and 3 pro bouts. Philly is know for it's toughness. I know this because I travelled there for sparring in world reknown Joe Fraizer's Gym! Each of the gyms are known for what the EA staff made them.

# 19 acts238shaun @ 11/15/10 09:24 AM
Ind. Punch ratings and the quote below make me drool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Oh, and if you land a punch right on the money, there is the chance of a one-punch KO. No count from the ref, no opportunity to get back up. You're just out cold.

# 20 Jukeman @ 11/15/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I had 46 amateur fights with 9 amateur titles and 3 pro bouts. Philly is know for it's toughness. I know this because I travelled there for sparring in world reknown Joe Fraizer's Gym! Each of the gyms are known for what the EA staff made them.
I live in Philly....

Frazier's was close down...

Ive trained there...

Also trained along side Hopkins and a few other well known Philly boxers...

You're from jersey am I wrong? Why wouldn't you come to spar?

I've trained at Shuler's, Frazier's, Champs and many others...

Like I said, I rarely seen people come from all over the world to a Philly gym to get "tough"

Im of this topic anyway

Overreaction Sports, funny how one comment can change an entire thread...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.