Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

IGN has just posted their Fight Night Champion hands-on preview.

Quote:
"While I got the chance to play Fight Night Champion at a San Francisco event, the gameplay wasn't the significant departure that I was just talking about (though there are plenty of changes that we'll get into later). Instead, EA Sports seems to be making a huge push to bring the story of a boxer into the game with the new Champion Mode. The small piece of gameplay that we got to see from Champion Mode showed our fighter in a boxing match in prison. Yes, you read that right. Your introduction to the mode is a bare-knuckle brawl and it's just as bloody as you'd expect. It's more of a tutorial than anything, but given the fact that your corner man mentions your dad's death and that you need to "knock this ****er on his ***" to win makes it clear that the mode takes this game in a very different direction."

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vast @ 11/15/10 06:28 PM
What i was trying to say was this- IF the only way i can increase my stamina is by flying to California, then that is stupid IMO. The article made it seem like you have to factor in money for your flights and stuff.

My boxer should be able to work on his stamina right from his hometown gym.

If its an option where if i have enough money then i can fly to Big Bear and get a stamina boost by training there.. then thats cool.

# 22 DaveDQ @ 11/16/10 08:46 AM
I ran the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art with my son, so that pretty much means my pop is bigger than your pop.

# 23 Eman5805 @ 11/16/10 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
What i was trying to say was this- IF the only way i can increase my stamina is by flying to California, then that is stupid IMO. The article made it seem like you have to factor in money for your flights and stuff.

My boxer should be able to work on his stamina right from his hometown gym.

If its an option where if i have enough money then i can fly to Big Bear and get a stamina boost by training there.. then thats cool.
You make it sound like we're going to have a waiting in LAX minigame or something. I think nothing changes when you train. Except you cycle through a map of the world for each area and when you lick on it, a day counter or something elapses and you start training. Not sure why you'd have any kind of hangup on this.

Or maybe it's a deal where you can train from home, but you don't get nearly the stat boost from doing it at home. Either way, no big deal, imo.

Also, I'm sure you won't get the big gyms right off the bat, being a guy fresh out of prison. There's probably some kind of unlock the good gym deal.

# 24 sniperhare @ 11/20/10 09:37 AM
Are you able to customize the character in Legacy mode? Or is it going to be like in Blitz 2 when you have a premade character that you can just assign points with?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.