Home
NBA JAM News Post

EA Sports NBA Jam is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jumbi555 @ 11/19/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX
well I've been playing all night, I'm ranked 10th on PS3. I think my record is 10-3. My name is SeerMagic on psn if anyone wants to play sometime (late at night usually). I'm an older guy, and if you want to play a not so great team I don't mind matching up accordingly.
I may take you up on that - Jumbi555 on PSN , from another Older player.

# 82 jumbi555 @ 11/19/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
looks like a quit in first half dont get you a win. but if they quit at the half or after you get the W.

just got beat by a guy who was a beast with Howard. blocked a ton of stuff, lost by 6 bah.. undefeated no more lol.

i might be the only one ever to use the Cavs online lol.
I Think I played the same guy - Howard just blocked everything....

# 83 jumbi555 @ 11/19/10 01:51 PM
Don;t know about you guys - But I can't wait to unlock Rony Seikaly (LOL).

I did unlock Manute Bol - he is SLOOOOOW...

# 84 s.gamernut20 @ 11/19/10 03:29 PM
This game is fire!! Loving reliving my childhood. So far I like running with the Dubs, Bobcats (S.Jack is water), Bulls, and my sleeper pick Minnesota. Pure fun over here.

# 85 DickDalewood @ 11/20/10 08:45 AM
Played some great games with 42 last night online... absolute blast!

# 86 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/20/10 08:48 AM
Played about 7 games straight online last night with zero lag and it was great, I'm a team player an love giving my teammate the ball and blocking shots, this game has truly brought childhood memories back for sure, it love and can't stop playing.

# 87 Pared @ 11/20/10 10:22 AM
Glad you guys enjoying it... can't say I didn't warn you how much fun the game is.

I'm not sure what happened with my order but I will just end up relenting and picking this up at my local game store. Hopefully they have it in stock!

# 88 Brandwin @ 11/20/10 12:12 PM
Doh! You guys are tempting me. I have $40 in store credit at Gamestop. Wife is out of town for two days starting tomorrow... Gaming marathon coming up?

# 89 BaselineBakes @ 11/20/10 12:42 PM
Haven't had this much fun with a game in awhile, this game is well done. Very impressed with some of the sig jumpers lol, wasn't really expecting that and just the overall feel of the game is great.

I can't beat G-Wiz and Manute Bol though, The Wizards mascot is unstoppable! this guy takes one dribble and takes off! Alot of hilarious moments last night playing with my friends. One of my boys was tryna give me **** for getting trashed by a mascot I handed him the controller and he proceeded to give up 34 points to him in 2 minutes. Hilarious.

# 90 Pared @ 11/20/10 12:48 PM
Go it. So annoyed with delivery but Jam will be mine once again. Missed playing this since I first tried it out... and curious to see what the differences are, if any.

Does anyone know if they fixed the bug where you can goaltend shots and get away with it while on fire? It used to be that goaltending would be called.

# 91 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 11/20/10 01:05 PM
^ I'm not sure but in the original you could goaltend while on fire and it was awesome.

I played my first few games last night and only saw like two guys on fire (which didn't last more than a possession) in like 5 games. I read someone here say being on fire doesn't even help much, which would be a huge disappointment for me.

I felt like the controls are a bit sloppy and unresponsive in my games last night but maybe it was me just not being used to them.

Lots of fun though, as expected. The sega version took up a bunch of my time when I was super young.

Also I noticed there is no halftime "show." I always enjoyed the Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant highlights on Sega.

Lots of game modes though. But I didn't like the camera view in the Boss, Domination, etc modes.

I quit my classic campaign after winning a few games last night, no idea if I can resume it at any point.

And lastly, I didn't see a way to look at my user stats for my initials or whatever. Like record vs CPU or H2H. Did see user records i.e. most points, most blocks...but really want to know my overall win/loss

# 92 BaselineBakes @ 11/20/10 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Go it. So annoyed with delivery but Jam will be mine once again. Missed playing this since I first tried it out... and curious to see what the differences are, if any.

Does anyone know if they fixed the bug where you can goaltend shots and get away with it while on fire? It used to be that goaltending would be called.
Goaltending is called but you keep being on fire until the ball actually goes through the basket.

# 93 Pared @ 11/20/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Goaltending is called but you keep being on fire until the ball actually goes through the basket.
Aww man that's whack. I told them to fix that.

# 94 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 11/20/10 04:29 PM
has anyone played with a guard as their teammate? Monta Ellis just shot 14% for me because everything he shot got blocked because HE RELEASES THE BALL ON THE WAY DOWN.

Whats the point of using a guard teammate if they can't shoot outside of dunks, and can't block on defense?

Is there a way to get them to release the ball at the top of their shot? If not....major flaw.

# 95 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/20/10 05:25 PM
My team is the thunder, haven't lost many with them

# 96 DickDalewood @ 11/20/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
My team is the thunder, haven't lost many with them
Durant is a BEAST in this game.

# 97 ezio @ 11/20/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
has anyone played with a guard as their teammate? Monta Ellis just shot 14% for me because everything he shot got blocked because HE RELEASES THE BALL ON THE WAY DOWN.

Whats the point of using a guard teammate if they can't shoot outside of dunks, and can't block on defense?

Is there a way to get them to release the ball at the top of their shot? If not....major flaw.
Yes I was using the Bulls and I was Noah and the CPU was Rose. He did ok from what I recall.

# 98 ezio @ 11/20/10 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Durant is a BEAST in this game.
He sure is. I was doing the classic campaign and had them up as my 2nd game and I got killed Have to try again

# 99 Pared @ 11/21/10 12:11 PM
Gah... they could have done a few minor things to improve the authenticity of the game.

1. The end of quarter fade out should have a sort of skip. It's way too smooth and cuts away too quickly.
2. There certainly is an issue with the teammate AI in this game - if you notice, your CPU teammate goes up to attempt a block on CPU player dunking AFTER the dunk attempt is successful about 80% of the time.
3. You can tell the CPU gameplan is a bit simplistic as well. Often the CPU ball handler will go to the 3 pt. line and just stand there until their teammate can perform a push. Once this push happens the ball handler will move. And this happens often... so it becomes predictable.
4. The man on fire not being able to block any and everything is simply inexcusable! We discussed this early... I don't understand how it was wasn't addressed. This makes me extremely sad... it was one of the essential pieces to "going off" while on fire.

With all that said... I'm still having a blast with the game and going back and forth b/w remix and Classic. I'm not crazy about domination mode however - the angle makes it very, very difficult to know where you are shooting from.

And a big thumbs up for all the little touches put into this game... it would take a while to cover them all. The sidelines, fans, benches, courts.... all very, very well done.

# 100 nolesfan69 @ 11/22/10 12:37 AM
Just played my first 3 games today in Classic Campaign on medium
difficulty I am 1-2. I beat the Nets 54-52 but lost 2 straight to
Minnesota. I wish the game had the old record keeping where it
tells you your wins and losses just like the old Jams. I really have
nothing negative about the game except maybe getting used to
the controls.

I love all the cool things I can unlock in this game and I intend to
play all the modes also online. Now since I own 2k11 and Jam my
basketball fix is complete. Now I just have to get better than I
can dominate online........just kidding.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.