Home
NBA JAM News Post

EA Sports NBA Jam is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 121 pdawg17 @ 01/01/11 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It is but I have to be honest, there have been times where I can't find anyone to play against. Doesn't seem to be popular.

When you CAN play however, it's very very smooth.
Seriously...the last five times I've tried to find a 2vs2 game with 4 players I've never found a game...

# 122 Methlab @ 01/02/11 03:02 AM
Just played this game with some friends at their place for 6 straight hours. Awesome game.

# 123 Methlab @ 01/02/11 11:22 AM
Would I be able to jump online and play me vs a random fairly easy? Also, can you bring your unlocked players online?

# 124 Mintsa @ 01/02/11 10:04 PM
After the "first day/week" hype and then later on with post game support (ie no roster updates).....I never did end up picking this game up.

Oh well..............it doesn't sound likes it's very popular online anyway.

# 125 Methlab @ 01/05/11 03:14 PM
Still can't figure out how to pass out of a dunk for an alleyoop. If my partner is trailing me in the air for example..do you just hit a?

Also if i am in the air trailing my teammate and blinking, can i make him pass back?

I think this game is awesome, and i have been getting games online.

# 126 false @ 01/05/11 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheemdadream
Not being able to control the CPU Player once you pass it is terrible because as stated earlier the CPU teammate takes that extra second to shoot on the way down, so even if there is a slight opening it gets blocked.
Keep in mind shooting is a press/hold/release mechanic. If the AI controlled shooter is releasing late when you TOLD him to shoot, you probably just tapped the shot button. When you tell the AI guy to shoot use the same press/hold/release button timing you would use if you were shooting/releasing yourself. Kinda strange but thats how it seems to work.

# 127 Methlab @ 01/06/11 10:40 AM
Yes exactly. You time your teammates shot also.

Anyone know if the teammate can pass back to you out of alleyoop? This game has awesome strategy for being so simple.

# 128 jyoung @ 01/11/11 03:57 PM
I know your teammate can pass to YOU while it's in a dunk animation.

But I don't think you can pass off to your teammate while you're dunking.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Also, very pleased with the Grizzlies playing the single player. I'm sure their lack of a big man would be a liability online though. Mayo is lights out from 3 and Gay is an all-around stud.

# 129 Pared @ 01/11/11 04:01 PM
That is possible in a multiplayer game. Not sure about with a CPU controlled teammate however.

# 130 jyoung @ 01/11/11 04:52 PM
I just tried it out and it is possible. You just have to press pass really early in the dunk animation and keep mashing it.

Doesn't help that the buttons are a little unresponsive in this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.