Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

The EA Sports MMA patch is available now. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
  • Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos
  • Increased the stamina loss from failed takedown attempts
  • Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
  • Slightly enlarged the window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
  • Added Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
  • Fixes to the 10 Point scoring system
  • Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
  • Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
  • Fixed issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
  • Resolved issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ManiacMatt1782 @ 11/19/10 11:42 AM
Thanks for the confirmation Dave. I'll be on after work, after 3:00pm eastern. RA needs to unglitch their forums, the developers tag got deleted.

# 2 Mossfan8480 @ 11/19/10 12:52 PM
Changes made according to EA_Preston:

Quote:
- Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos
- Increased the stamina loss from failed takedown attempts
- Stronger punches in the dominate turtle position
- Slightly enlarged the window for denying takedowns from the clinch.
- Added Head Arm choke to Josh Thomson’s move set
- Fixes to the 10 Point scoring system
- Adjustments to the camera’s in the clinch so they do not sway as much during strikes
- Updated Fighter Records for Gesias Cavalcante, Josh Thomson, Nick Diaz, Ronaldo Souza, Tim Kennedy and Tyron Woodley
- Fixed issue where Gamertag/Online ID for the fighters were not displaying when viewing Fight Replays
- Resolved issues that caused occasional softlocks during online matches

# 3 TheShizNo1 @ 11/19/10 01:10 PM
ugh, was hoping to see increased stamina loss in the stand up, but happy w/ everything else nonetheless

# 4 DaveDQ @ 11/19/10 02:27 PM
I just played 5 online fights and went 3-2. I noticed what seemed to be a big difference in stamina dropping. Both standing up and on the ground sees a big drop in when you miss. As a whole, stamina drops faster. I found myself on several occasions redlined because of stamina dropping.

Punches from the dominant position are extremely effective. I knocked a guy out with 4 ground and pound shots. These were just online fights, so I can't comment on anything else, but the game's excitement level for me is heightened. More than ever, because stamina drops so fast, you are forced to be patient.

That's just a quick update. I look forward to messing with it more tonight.

# 5 Lakers 24 7 @ 11/20/10 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
ugh, was hoping to see increased stamina loss in the stand up, but happy w/ everything else nonetheless
Same. I can't get back into this until they fix that.

# 6 done85hot @ 11/20/10 01:55 PM
how do u download the patch. i have a 360 and cant fine it in the marketplace

# 7 sb24 @ 11/20/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by done85hot
how do u download the patch. i have a 360 and cant fine it in the marketplace
Its automatic. Didnt you have to download an update when you put the game in?

# 8 ericem @ 11/20/10 05:40 PM
they should have a TSC and Classic Controls filter online

# 9 DaveDQ @ 11/20/10 07:12 PM
It's hard enough to get ranked matches in. Separating the two would make it nearly impossible. I actually feel like there is more stamina loss in the stand-up game. If you miss a shot, you take a big drop.

I know for a fact the game better favors the "sim" player. I continue to learn to approach it with patience and am getting more wins now than I did pre-patch.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/21/10 05:24 PM
Yeah if they filter it, it would be even more difficult to find a match. This game has a very small online following as is. It would be different if it had a Black Ops following with 4 million people online at any given time any day of the week. Then yeah you could filter it.

But when you averaging less then 50k online, then no, don't need to filter it.

# 11 NYG_Meth @ 11/24/10 09:01 PM
  • "Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos"

Well this is a complete and utter lie...

# 12 Mossfan8480 @ 11/24/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
  • "Reduced the range and combo speed for body hook to hook combos"

Well this is a complete and utter lie...
Agreed. I don't know what it is, but I almost feel as if the hook combos have increased in speed rather than decreased.

Buttons need a nerf, it's such a disadvantage on the feet for stick users that it's not even funny...or fun, anymore.

# 13 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/25/10 03:40 AM
Over all the speed of everything needs to be reduced by 1/3. The movement around the ring is too fast and people are really starting to exploit it online.

Soon as the bell ring people coming forward swinging with a haymaker or head kick. So therefore if you tried to touch gloved or simple didn't immediately move back when the bell rings, you will be KO'ed 4 seconds into a fight.

I kid you not. I played against a guy who was using Bas Rutten. Bell rung, he moved forward throwing a head kick, it landed and KO'ed me 4 seconds into the fight. Why ? Because you can move from one side of the ring to the opposite side in 2 seconds.

Ever since then I don't even touch gloves anymore and automatically move back when the bell rings. Because that is the strategy of 97% of people online now, to run across the ring and throw a haymaker or head kick as soon as the bell ring.

# 14 DaveDQ @ 12/05/10 10:29 AM
What's happening for me is the game is not playing out like a chess match. People are going for a quick win and exploiting things like the teep kick and body shots. I still think stamina is fine but it's very hard to defend the shots.

Either way, online is getting dull.

# 15 Phobia @ 12/06/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What's happening for me is the game is not playing out like a chess match. People are going for a quick win and exploiting things like the teep kick and body shots. I still think stamina is fine but it's very hard to defend the shots.

Either way, online is getting dull.
I have almost entirely quit playing online because EA won't fix the button issues. 99% of the issues would not be there if it was TSC controls. Most the issues range from button users having a advantage in the speed department on the feet. The teep kick spam is insane quick and parry won't work on it. Dodging it side to side will only miss one shot then they will land second 99% of time.

Button hookers I am little better against because the ability to move away and let them swing generally will tire them out so you can get the take down. But the problem then lies they just defend, defend, defend on the ground from their guard and the ref will stand you back up to get swung on like a mad man all over again.

I beg and plead for a TSP only setting or something.

Better yet, just charge more stamina for teep kicks and hooks.

# 16 DaveDQ @ 12/08/10 02:16 PM
I had some time today to mess with career, a mode I think is awful in this game, but I want to build up my created fighter to compete in ranked matches and fight cards. Career mode is a repetitious mess.

Anyway, I went online because I had a ton of practice in and had a fight against a brown belt who was way above my league, spamming punches to no end. What was frustrating was he would stun me and back off. He could have won earlier in the fight and actually made himself vulnerable at some times.

You just can't compete against a button masher. And EA claimed it wasn't a masher. If you use classic controls, that's all you have to do to dominate.

# 17 thegut @ 12/08/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I had some time today to mess with career, a mode I think is awful in this game, but I want to build up my created fighter to compete in ranked matches and fight cards. Career mode is a repetitious mess.

Anyway, I went online because I had a ton of practice in and had a fight against a brown belt who was way above my league, spamming punches to no end. What was frustrating was he would stun me and back off. He could have won earlier in the fight and actually made himself vulnerable at some times.

You just can't compete against a button masher. And EA claimed it wasn't a masher. If you use classic controls, that's all you have to do to dominate.
Yep I'm done with this game online. Not being able to filter button users has made this game unplayable and a cheese fest online. Just to put it in perspective run this little experiment against the computer. Pick Brett Rogers and fight Fedor on the highest difficulty level but use TSC. It is a tough fight where any little mistake on your part will cause you to lose or be put in a bad position. Lots of strategy is needed and it plays out like a real fight. Now do the same fight but this time pick the button config. Now just charge in hook spamming non stop. I typically win within one minute by TKO. It is absolutely ridiculous. The online gaming community are some of the most dishonorable folk out there. Which strategy did EA think the guys who just want to pad their record are going to pick.
It really is a shame because against other TSC users this game plays beautifully. Against button spammers it looks like a Toughman competition for the mentally challenged.

# 18 ManiacMatt1782 @ 12/09/10 07:38 PM
the sick part is i told simon exactly how to fix it. but he refused to even acknowledge the problem. and of course he wouldnt, he is the animation director, it was most likely his oversight.

# 19 Phobia @ 12/09/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegut
Yep I'm done with this game online. Not being able to filter button users has made this game unplayable and a cheese fest online. Just to put it in perspective run this little experiment against the computer. Pick Brett Rogers and fight Fedor on the highest difficulty level but use TSC. It is a tough fight where any little mistake on your part will cause you to lose or be put in a bad position. Lots of strategy is needed and it plays out like a real fight. Now do the same fight but this time pick the button config. Now just charge in hook spamming non stop. I typically win within one minute by TKO. It is absolutely ridiculous. The online gaming community are some of the most dishonorable folk out there. Which strategy did EA think the guys who just want to pad their record are going to pick.
It really is a shame because against other TSC users this game plays beautifully. Against button spammers it looks like a Toughman competition for the mentally challenged.
EXCELLENT post thegut!! Fully agree. TSC vs TSC is AMAZING, but TSC vs Button is like given button users a 10% speed increase

# 20 LingeringRegime @ 12/10/10 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
EXCELLENT post thegut!! Fully agree. TSC vs TSC is AMAZING, but TSC vs Button is like given button users a 10% speed increase
Ugh. This seems like Fight Night all over again. They caved in over the "button pressure." No pun intended.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.